Foreign Travel

Rock N' Rollin' Man

I couldn't find a thread like this, although I did find one on what countries have you been to but I think this thread would cover more areas.

Well, as you can see from the title this is really on anything about foreign travel. What countries have you been to and where specifically did you go to in that country and/or what did you do while abroad. Perhaps you want to mention countries or regions that you want to visit.

Myself, I want to go to Europe, put myself in different cultures and people and see how well I do. Maybe Iceland for the secluded adventure that would await. Really just a place with culture and adventure which doesn't really help in narrowing down my list. :D LOL

Study Abroad is a good possibility when I'm in college.

You should also, if you want, post pictures of highlights from your trip.

This thread is indeed a good idea, though I don't have many pictures of my travels in my computer.

Anyway...countries I visited:

USA-Boston (visiting some friends).

Austria-Kaunertal (won a snowboard vacation there.....and hell, I can't snowboard for shit's sake, I wanted the 2nd price actually, a H.R.Giger shirt).

Spain-Rosas, Barcelona.

Belgium-Brussels, Antwerp, Bouillon among many places.

Germany-Berlin and a lot more.

Nepal-Kathmandu and surroundings, wanted to see the Everest.

India-Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Fatehspur Sikri, Khajuraho, Varanasi.

England-London.

France-Mont Saint Michel.

I've travelles in several european countries. Once I go back to Asia I'd like to visit my friends in Japan and Thailand.

The cities I like most are Kopenhagen(Denmark), Barcelona(Spain), Venice(Italy), maybe I just like to be near the sea. But I also love where I'm living now, Munich is a beautiful city as well.

Florence is full of beautiful renaissance artworks, but the weather was sooo terrible when I stayed there.

I have been around too. ;)

Argentina: Buenos Aires, Posadas, Iguassu

Paraguay: Missiones

Chile: Santiago, Vina del Mare

Peru: Lima, Macchu Pichu, Cuzco

Mexico: Mexico DF, Taxco, San Luis Potosí, Queretaro, Morellia, San Miguel de Allende, Guadalajara, Oaxaca, Cancun, Tulun, Chichinitza among many more places

Canada: Toronto

Europe: many, many places in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany (lived there for three years, I have been around almost all the country), Austria, Switzerland, Holland, I have been to Prague too, and many more places I just can't remember.

England: London, Newcastle :D

Morocco: Marrakesh, Rabat, Fez, Casablanca, the Sahara and other amazing places

Thailand: Bangkok, Chian Mai, Mae Hon Son, Koh Samui

Cambodja: Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)

New Zealand: I've seen a LOT of the two islands: Auckland, Rotorua, Queenstown, the Milford Track, Christchurch, etc

Australia: Sydney

Never been to the US. :( But it's on my list. ;) Next week I'm travelling to Buenos Aires, in Argentina and Colonia del Sacramento, in Uruguay.

Travelling is the best thing one can do in life, in my opinion. You learn a lot when in foreign countries. :yesnod:

I have been around too. ;)

Argentina: Buenos Aires, Posadas, Iguassu

Paraguay: Missiones

Chile: Santiago, Vina del Mare

Peru: Lima, Macchu Pichu, Cuzco

Mexico: Mexico DF, Taxco, San Luis Potosí, Queretaro, Morellia, San Miguel de Allende, Guadalajara, Oaxaca, Cancun, Tulun, Chichinitza among many more places

Canada: Toronto

Europe: many, many places in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Germany (lived there for three years, I have been around almost all the country), Austria, Switzerland, Holland, I have been to Prague too, and many more places I just can't remember.

England: London, Newcastle :D

Morocco: Marrakesh, Rabat, Fez, Casablanca, the Sahara and other amazing places

Thailand: Bangkok, Chian Mai, Mae Hon Son, Koh Samui

Cambodja: Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)

New Zealand: I've seen a LOT of the two islands: Auckland, Rotorua, Queenstown, the Milford Track, Christchurch, etc

Australia: Sydney

Never been to the US. :( But it's on my list. ;) Next week I'm travelling to Buenos Aires, in Argentina and Colonia del Sacramento, in Uruguay.

Travelling is the best thing one can do in life, in my opinion. You learn a lot when in foreign countries. :yesnod:

*sigh* So many fantastic places brspled :D :D :D Traveling is one of the best things to do in life I fully agree and am doing my best to make it happen as often as I can!

Oh and I hope the US is high on the list of places to visit ;)

*sigh* So many fantastic places brspled :D :D :D Traveling is one of the best things to do in life I fully agree and am doing my best to make it happen as often as I can!

Oh and I hope the US is high on the list of places to visit ;)

It is, 9! ;)

And the same applies to you, concerning Brazil, I hope.... :D

I myself have only been to a few places so far...

U.S. : upstate NY, Virginia, Maine

other parts of Canada: Quebec, New Brunswick Nova Scotia

Europe: France, Germany, Austria

I wish to visit, amongst many other places:

Scandinavia

Italy + Mediterranean

Nepal, India, Tibet, Bhutan, China

Japan

South America

I won't list everywhere I've been, but I have traveled a lot.

I always dream of traveling to new places. I love it and I'll always be doing it. I will in fact make sure my life revolves around being able to travel.

Besides all the great food and fun to experience, I'd say the what I value the most is all that I've learned.

Anyone that wants to be a well rounded person with some world insight needs to travel. And I don't mean going on vacation and hanging out in tourist areas. You need to go and actually live around the locals for awhile, at least a couple times in your life.

• 3 years later...

Somewhere in a Panasonic camera I keep locked footage of Skadarlija and Ciudad Rodrigo, but ever since I lost a cable I haven't been able to transfer that content to a computer. These are two very lovely places in different European countries. Until I solve my camera problem here are a couple of images I'm linking from elsewhere on the Internet:

350px-Skadarlija_street%2C_Belgrade%2C_Serbia.jpg

I didn't sleep in Ciudad Rodrigo (pictured below). I somehow assumed it was an easy trip from Salamanca, but I found that coach rides between the two aren't that frequent. It would have been nice to spend a couple of days in the town.

muralla1_385_256_90.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've travelles in several european countries. Once I go back to Asia I'd like to visit my friends in Japan and Thailand.

The cities I like most are Kopenhagen(Denmark), Barcelona(Spain), Venice(Italy), maybe I just like to be near the sea. But I also love where I'm living now, Munich is a beautiful city as well.

Florence is full of beautiful renaissance artworks, but the weather was sooo terrible when I stayed there.

I agree. I loved each of these European cities. Iceland is great too

I won't list everywhere I've been, but I have traveled a lot.

I always dream of traveling to new places. I love it and I'll always be doing it. I will in fact make sure my life revolves around being able to travel.

Besides all the great food and fun to experience, I'd say the what I value the most is all that I've learned.

Anyone that wants to be a well rounded person with some world insight needs to travel. And I don't mean going on vacation and hanging out in tourist areas. You need to go and actually live around the locals for awhile, at least a couple times in your life.

I agree. Well put.

I really, really want to go to Iceland and New Zealand before I die.

States/Countries I have been, listed in as close to chronological order as I can remember.

California...obviously, as I was born and bred here. I have been up and down and zig-zagged all over the Golden State...from San Diego to Eureka, from Death Valley to Mt. Whitney, from Mt. Shasta to the Salton Sea, from Joshua Tree to Napa Valley, from Yosemite to Big Sur. It is my home and I LOVE it.

Baja California

Mexico

Nevada

Arizona

Oregon

Washington

Missouri

Kansas

Colorado

Texas

Arkansas

Tennessee

Kentucky

Louisiana

Mississippi

Alabama

Georgia

Florida

South Carolina

North Carolina

Bahamas

Jamaica

Oklahoma

Washington D.C.

New York

Hawaii

England

Germany

Netherlands

Belgium

Luxembourg

France

Ireland

Wales

Scotland

Denmark

Norway

Sweden

Finland

Greece

Cyprus

Lebanon

Israel

Austria

Liechtenstein

Switzerland

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Hungary

Romania

Bangladesh

India

Nepal

Idaho

Utah

Wyoming

Montana

British Columbia

Alberta

Illinois

New Mexico

Nebraska

Indiana

Ohio

West Virginia

Pennsylvania

New Jersey

Connecticut

Rhode Island

Massachusetts

Haven't been to the "Green Mountain State" of Vermont? You'd love it there - especially the Champlain Valley. Summers up there are amazing, IMO!

Is this question directed towards me? No, I haven't been to Vermont, or the other two Northeast states...New Hampshire and Maine...yet. I also want to see Mount Rushmore, so South Dakota is on my list. I suppose I should add North Dakota while I'm at it, hehe.

Is this question directed towards me? No, I haven't been to Vermont, or the other two Northeast states...New Hampshire and Maine...yet. I also want to see Mount Rushmore, so South Dakota is on my list. I suppose I should add North Dakota while I'm at it, hehe.

Yes it was directed at you, I just didn't want to quote your very long and impressive list. I really want to travel to California. I've only flown into LAX :bagoverhead:

:)

Yes it was directed at you, I just didn't want to quote your very long and impressive list. I really want to travel to California. I've only flown into LAX :bagoverhead:

:)

One of the worst airports in the world. You do know, Walter, that you can delete the portions of the quote you don't need to make it shorter, right? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, interesting topic since I love to travel. I had to write down every country I have visited and found out that there are 36 different countries I've travelled. I've been very lucky, and still got the urge to roam :-)

Oh, interesting topic since I love to travel. I had to write down every country I have visited and found out that there are 36 different countries I've travelled. I've been very lucky, and still got the urge to roam :-)

Roaming is fun. If you don't mind me asking, what are your favorite countries?

Had to think about my favorite too, since there are so many and I love them for different reasons.... In US I like NYC and Boston, but also Vermont countryside. Quebec City in Canada is great. Norway is utterly beautiful with fjords and mountains. My favorite cities in Europe are Berlin in Germany, St Petersburg in Russia, Nice and the whole southern coast of France, Edinburgh in Scotland. Many others too but don't want to just make a list in here. India was my first cultural shock but I learned to like it. If I had to choose one definite favorite of all I'd say Norway. The nature there is dreamlike. I am a citygirl and could have chosen Manhattan for all the music, theater and art, but my heart told me to pick up a neighbouring Nordic country :-)

Had to think about my favorite too, since there are so many and I love them for different reasons.... In US I like NYC and Boston, but also Vermont countryside. Quebec City in Canada is great. Norway is utterly beautiful with fjords and mountains. My favorite cities in Europe are Berlin in Germany, St Petersburg in Russia, Nice and the whole southern coast of France, Edinburgh in Scotland. Many others too but don't want to just make a list in here. India was my first cultural shock but I learned to like it. If I had to choose one definite favorite of all I'd say Norway. The nature there is dreamlike. I am a citygirl and could have chosen Manhattan for all the music, theater and art, but my heart told me to pick up a neighbouring Nordic country :-)

Thanks, Nemea. Our tastes are somewhat compatible, although, unfortunately, I haven't spent much time in Norway.

Oh yes, India! I did the "mistake" of travelling around the country alone, sure I met a lot of people on my way to places but there were a few moments when I wish I hadn't come. The big cities like Mumbai and Delhi are overwhelming. Coming from Finland with a population of 5 million to a city with three times the same, it was an overload to all senses, and it took me several days to adjust myself to a new way of thinking and feeling and processing everything I saw, tasted, smelled, heard and felt. Would go back but with someone this time :-) Palolem in Goa was great, there I could relax for a while, but it could have been anywhere, not really India with so many western tourists.

Archived