Foreign Travel

Rock N' Rollin' Man

Yes it was directed at you, I just didn't want to quote your very long and impressive list. I really want to travel to California. I've only flown into LAX :bagoverhead:

:)

I just re-read this thread, and realized how many well-travelled members there are here on the forum. At least 9 or 10 of us have been in more than 20 countries. Two members have been in more than 50 countries.

You know the saying: Join the Army, travel to exotic places, meet new exciting people...and kill them.

• 1 month later...

Charles, do you mean Vientiane in Laos? Very interesting place, would love to go someday. I'm not so familiar with Asia, something draws me more in to south. Maybe one day :-)

I'm not so familiar with Asia (or South America) either -- I've never been there -- although I have done Australia/New Zealand/Fiji/Brazil. I've always been much more interested in Europe, the Middle East, and Southern Africa.

Oh yes, India! I did the "mistake" of travelling around the country alone, sure I met a lot of people on my way to places but there were a few moments when I wish I hadn't come. The big cities like Mumbai and Delhi are overwhelming. Coming from Finland with a population of 5 million to a city with three times the same, it was an overload to all senses, and it took me several days to adjust myself to a new way of thinking and feeling and processing everything I saw, tasted, smelled, heard and felt. Would go back but with someone this time :-) Palolem in Goa was great, there I could relax for a while, but it could have been anywhere, not really India with so many western tourists.

Palolem Beach

post-4226-0-21760400-1414152565_thumb.jp

Archived