Rockband/Guitar Hero

There is no way a two-track bootleg could ever be in this game without a top-notch producer being involved. The tracks need to be split into four pieces, which was done for the Beatles Rock Band but they had very advanced recording technology used for that. And the only person in this case would be Jimmy and he doesn't seem like a person who would fly out to develop a video game.

If you really want to understand how the entertainment industry work's for the people who make it happen you should do some creatable research on the subject, go talk to someone who knows first hand (like I have been trying to tell you) or better yet try it yourself!

I've spent the better part of 2 decade's working on my craft (including going to collage) and I have seen and learned a lot along the way!

There's a lot more involved then you may think.

I've spent the better part of 2 decade's working on my craft (including going to collage) and I have seen and learned a lot along the way!

Apparently, the "collage" you went to wasn't big on spelling. :(

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

Not to be disrespectful, but I really wish some of these people would get off their high horse on this topic.

People are criticizing people for enjoying and experiencing music in a new way. This is nothing but good, and helps encourage people to explore music they may have otherwise missed or not known about. People are bitching why exactly? Because they aren’t listening to it the same way? Come on. Stop with the elitist bullshit.

I would love for Zep to make it into rockband, and I’m hoping the upcoming Beatles release will help turn some wheels to make that happen and show that Harmonix has the chops to put out a quality product.

I don’t remember if it’s Page or Plant (or both) that are the main obstacles on holding this up, but come on guys. You really want to prevent a wider audience of people from enjoying your music simply because it’s on a new medium? Seriously?!?

I would snap up some Zep in a heartbeat.

Apparently, the "collage" you went to wasn't big on spelling. :(

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

Pardon my typo, but they didn't teach me how to be a anal snob ether guy! I hope you get your but in a sling some day and you can see what it's like to have some of your life's work stolen from you and no body gives a dam!

Nothing is free with out a price man!

High horse? What do you mean by that?

College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College College

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College

Make you happy?

Pardon my typo, but they didn't teach me how to be a anal snob ether guy! I hope you get your but in a sling some day and you can see what it's like to have some of your life's work stolen from you and no body gives a dam!

Did your "collage" specialize in typo's? (notice highlighted words) I'm just jokin' with ya'.

No need to climb a tower and start shooting.

They have valid points regarding these games. They don't feel this is the way you should learn to play a guitar or any other instrument or learning and hearing songs as well. The games are fun to play, but personally would rather enjoy albums in full as they were intended to be listened to.

• 4 weeks later...
They have valid points regarding these games. They don't feel this is the way you should learn to play a guitar or any other instrument or learning and hearing songs as well. The games are fun to play, but personally would rather enjoy albums in full as they were intended to be listened to.

Everyone who plays Rockband(which is far better then Guitarhero) Knows they aren't trying to learn an instrument, they have fun. Zep will have to face the facts that instrument sales have skyrocketed since the release of GH1. Also, it has been proven that MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE 20-34 years old. NOT teenagers. Some people just don't have the time, space or talent to play some of their favorite songs. Also, it isn't exactly losing money, considering GH: Aerosmith Made the band MORE MONEY THEN ANY OTHER ALBUM EVER.

People keep saying "kids discovering music they might not have heard " If they already play GH and have never heard ! of LZ they are no rock fan . This means they live in a bubble and only follow what a pop culture game ! tells them is cool . I've seen so many of these 14 year old GH fans on youtube ! and they are no different than Jonas Brother fans . Pop culture mindless sheep .

They are big fans of 1 song of a band and thats about it . Most dont even know which album it's from.

And yet these ! are the types of people many on here are begging to be apart of Zeppelin . Music is not about trends ! But some will not be happy until Zeppelin is a fashion trend due to a game !

People keep saying "kids discovering music they might not have heard " If they already play GH and have never heard ! of LZ they are no rock fan . This means they live in a bubble and only follow what a pop culture game ! tells them is cool . I've seen so many of these 14 year old GH fans on youtube ! and they are no different than Jonas Brother fans . Pop culture mindless sheep .

They are big fans of 1 song of a band and thats about it . Most dont even know which album it's from.

And yet these ! are the types of people many on here are begging to be apart of Zeppelin . Music is not about trends ! But some will not be happy until Zeppelin is a fashion trend due to a game !

So, you don't want kids that normally wouldn't know of Zep, To discover them? IMO, it doesn't matter what it's through, as long as they do.

People keep missing the point ! It's not about not wanting kids to hear Zeppelin . Of course i want kids that love rock to like Zeppelin . It's the whole aspect of the GH culture i dont like . This game is no different than the Jonas Brothers . Both are big trends ! and folowed by millions ! because it's the thing to do right now . So why should Jimmy have to come down to this level ? Rock music was always the opposite of Pop music . One was the flavor of the month and the other was for people who appreciate music from the heart . GH is making rock music a trend ! and a fashion . Thats why i dont like the game . So why would i care if trend followers dont know Zeppelin . KIds who love rock already know them

People keep missing the point ! It's not about not wanting kids to hear Zeppelin . Of course i want kids that love rock to like Zeppelin . It's the whole aspect of the GH culture i dont like . This game is no different than the Jonas Brothers . Both are big trends ! and folowed by millions ! because it's the thing to do right now . So why should Jimmy have to come down to this level ? Rock music was always the opposite of Pop music . One was the flavor of the month and the other was for people who appreciate music from the heart . GH is making rock music a trend ! and a fashion . Thats why i dont like the game . So why would i care if trend followers dont know Zeppelin . KIds who love rock already know them

Why the need to divide the fanbase into trenders and true fans?

I think the problem is more with the "true fans" than the trenders.

Why?

Because we know the trenders are open minded because they pick something else up every week!

I think the problem is that the "true fans" just can't relate to the trenders and so it's hard for them to "pull them in" into a deeper understanding of the music.

I bet a lot of "true fans" wouldn't have caught on without a surge in a trend.

Trends are just how the world works. Trends have been a part of rock music. Would anyone really believe that music wasn't "true Rock music" if it was part of a trend?

Here is an analogy:

Getting kids to like Led Zeppelin is like (hear me out on this one) getting a girl/guy to like you.

--Sometimes all you need is "an IN".

Let's say for instance that Led Zeppelin did put a song or 2 in GH/RB. Now what if you catch a trender jamming away to Stairway?

What do you do? (After trying this out of course)

Why the need to divide the fanbase into trenders and true fans?

I think the problem is more with the "true fans" than the trenders.

Why?

Because we know the trenders are open minded because they pick something else up every week!

I think the problem is that the "true fans" just can't relate to the trenders and so it's hard for them to "pull them in" into a deeper understanding of the music.

I bet a lot of "true fans" wouldn't have caught on without a surge in a trend.

Trends are just how the world works. Trends have been a part of rock music. Would anyone really believe that music wasn't "true Rock music" if it was part of a trend?

Here is an analogy:

Getting kids to like Led Zeppelin is like (hear me out on this one) getting a girl/guy to like you.

--Sometimes all you need is "an IN".

Let's say for instance that Led Zeppelin did put a song or 2 in GH/RB. Now what if you catch a trender jamming away to Stairway?

What do you do? (After trying this out of course)

Hmmm it's either all the songs or nothing, it's like putting out a single which we all know they didn't like doing.

Hopefully this will end all speculation.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20...ed_zeppelin_won

He doesn't actually tell us why though. We know he doesn't think it can replicate the real thing (duh!), but he didn't tell us why he cares about that. It's not obvious to me. Of course guitar hero is not the same as the real thing. So what?

I think it's his ego. Presumably, it's because he's afraid people will play those dumbed down parts where all you have to do is push the correct button/pad and the sound comes out perfect, which will result in them not appreciating how hard it is to do it for real, which could be a slight to John Bonham's legend, for example. But if he was actually a gamer, he'd know that you actually gain a greater appreciation for the pro musician because you know how hard the dumbed down version is and so the real thing must be even more impressive. It also forces you to pay close attention to the individual parts...something non-musicians aren't used to doing.

It sounds like Jimmy understands the basic concept of the game; he's just using that information poorly...drawing the wrong conclusions. BTW, I don't even own the game and I can play guitar, drums, trumpet, and a bit of piano...and I still think his argument is misguided. Too bad he'll never read this post.

He doesn't actually tell us why though. We know he doesn't think it can replicate the real thing (duh!), but he didn't tell us why he cares about that. It's not obvious to me. Of course guitar hero is not the same as the real thing. So what?

I think it's his ego. Presumably, it's because he's afraid people will play those dumbed down parts where all you have to do is push the correct button/pad and the sound comes out perfect, which will result in them not appreciating how hard it is to do it for real, which could be a slight to John Bonham's legend, for example. But if he was actually a gamer, he'd know that you actually gain a greater appreciation for the pro musician because you know how hard the dumbed down version is and so the real thing must be even more impressive. It also forces you to pay close attention to the individual parts...something non-musicians aren't used to doing.

It sounds like Jimmy understands the basic concept of the game; he's just using that information poorly...drawing the wrong conclusions. BTW, I don't even own the game and I can play guitar, drums, trumpet, and a bit of piano...and I still think his argument is misguided. Too bad he'll never read this post.

Some people say that some band members read. Who and how often and to what detail do they read or follow is a mystery and I'm sure it always will be.

I'm starting to think that Jimmy's concern could be that the game is taking away potential guitar players. Before these video games, you would hear music and possibly be inclined to learn it on a real guitar.

Now there are 2 options. You explore the music further by learning how to play it or you can experience it through video games.

Maybe he thinks too many people are stopping at the video game and not putting in the real work that it takes to play guitar?

Real guitar (at least at Jimmy's level) is harder than the video game guitar. We can argue about that if you want, but I am someone who has learned both at the same time. I've got the video games figured out. Real guitar? I'm making progress but I'm no where close to where I want to be.

Disregard what all the professional guitar players say about guitar hero being hard for them. This is because anything anyone does for the first time, regardless of experience in the real industry, is hard.

One of my previous points:

1. New generations are experiencing Classic Rock in a new way--through video games.

2. Led Zeppelin is not included in this experience.

Therefore:

-The new generation's awareness of Led Zeppelin will decline

AND

-The new generation will not see the impact of Led Zeppelin as a band.

Everyone in this forum knows their impact. Do the people who play video game without pre-exposure to Led Zeppelin know that? No.

To them, the term "Led Zeppelin" doesn't mean shit.

If you painted a picture of the most influential Rock musicians, would you leave Led Zeppelin out of it?

Everyone who sees that painting would tend to forget they existed at some point in history or not recognize their importance. I know this is not how we keep records, but I'm trying to illustrate how culture works.

And no, Led Zeppelin would not disappear immediately or even in the next 100 years. The point is that once you start not including yourself in something, that's where you start to die culturally.

Are we shooting the immortality that classical composers now endure or are we shooting for recognition of Led Zeppelin until all the pre-gamers die off?

1). They don't need the money 2). Page ain't about to release Zeppelin master tapes to anyone much less for a game. 3). They don't need the money. 4). Page is obviously not a fan of the game.

Did I mention that they don't need the money?

"Ego" is way down on the list.

When has it been about the money?

It's never been about the money.

Time and time again they have proven it, to the point where their inclusion in a video game would not be a sellout in my book.

Can you say "For the kids"?

I didn't play the GH:Metallica, because I can't stand their newer music.

I did, however, play GH:Aerosmith, and I was more pissed off at the covers and non-Aerosmith songs in the game.

Which makes up a whopping 5 songs out of 49.

1). They don't need the money 2). Page ain't about to release Zeppelin master tapes to anyone much less for a game. 3). They don't need the money. 4). Page is obviously not a fan of the game.

Did I mention that they don't need the money?

"Ego" is way down on the list.

Oh no, his ego is pretty bloated. Don't lie to yourself here.

Video games aren't some low form of brain fuckage. They're a form of art and entertainment, like movies, TV and music. They just happen to be newer than other mediums therefore they have less respect.

Unfortunately, the egotistical musicians look down upon these "fake instruments."

They don't like the fact that these people are having fun, "simulating" an instrument, while they had to practice for days to play an authentic one. Music is an art. Whether it be from radio, television, mp3 players, video games, etc; it's still music. People confuse selling out with wanting to expose their music to a wider crowd. Which, as a musician, you should want to do. Exposing the beauty of music to others should be every musician's goal.

Unfortunately, the egotistical musicians look down upon these "fake instruments."

They don't like the fact that these people are having fun, "simulating" an instrument, while they had to practice for days to play an authentic one. Music is an art. Whether it be from radio, television, mp3 players, video games, etc; it's still music. People confuse selling out with wanting to expose their music to a wider crowd. Which, as a musician, you should want to do. Exposing the beauty of music to others should be every musician's goal.

This band did not get to where they are by making wrong decisions. I mean look at how many awesome young people are on this forum. A lot of them were introduced to the MUSIC by parents, friends etc.

Zeppelins masters belong to them. It is their choice what they do and protecting their MUSIC does not mean they are egotistical.

I truly do not mean for this to come across wrong it's just that I respect their MUSIC and have for quite a few decades and I hate for anyone to put this unbelievable talent down in any way.

Archived