John Bonhams suite at Hard Rock Times Square

I was just in Manhattan and was at The Hard Rock Cafe Times Square.

A suit ordered by John at "Granny Takes A Trip" in London on November 28, 1979. John wore the suit on stage. Also displayed is the original receipt from Granny's with all of the measurements and directions to make the suit.

I spoke with the Manger james from England and he stated that one of JP's guitar was there and he came in two years ago and asked for it and they gave it to him. Anyone know what other hard rock's have anything?

Last summer there was a John Bonham drum head at the Hard Rock in Baltimore. I posted

pics in the Hard Rock Cafe thread. The Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago has an original object

on display on the 23rd floor, accentuated by a large mural of Page & Plant from the 70s.

Here. at Lisbon, we have in the Hard Rock Cafe, a shirt that was owned and used by Bonham!

We also have there 3 vinyls, and a replica of Presence's obelisk. And some posters.

You have some pictures here:

http://zeppelinpt.no.sapo.pt/fotos4.htm

(I hope I can post this here :unsure: )

Thanks for posting this! Great info:-)

Quick story. This past May I was in Chicago, and we ate dinner at the HR. I haven't been to that one since it under-went a make-over. So, as we ate, a waiter, not ours, asked who we thought this picture was. The manager said it was Joe Perry, but clearly it was Jimmy from the 1975 tour. So after so friendly banter, I bet the manager I could prove him wrong, and bet a round of drinks for my table. Thanks to my blackberry, I got a round on the house, and the manager place a call to the memorabilia team, who comes in a briefs them.

This past weekend, I went back to catch the cubs/twins series at Wrigley and the guy remembered us and we had a laugh

Quick story. This past May I was in Chicago, and we ate dinner at the HR. I haven't been to that one since it under-went a make-over. So, as we ate, a waiter, not ours, asked who we thought this picture was. The manager said it was Joe Perry, but clearly it was Jimmy from the 1975 tour. So after so friendly banter, I bet the manager I could prove him wrong, and bet a round of drinks for my table. Thanks to my blackberry, I got a round on the house, and the manager place a call to the memorabilia team, who comes in a briefs them.

This past weekend, I went back to catch the cubs/twins series at Wrigley and the guy remembered us and we had a laugh

Great story!!! Awesome that he remembered you!

The first Hard Rock in New York City had Jimmy's Gibson Double Neck SG at one time. That was some 15 years ago when I saw it there. To see that in the flesh was an awesome sight. Not sure if it's still there as I haven't been there in quite some time.

The first Hard Rock in New York City had Jimmy's Gibson Double Neck SG at one time. That was some 15 years ago when I saw it there. To see that in the flesh was an awesome sight. Not sure if it's still there as I haven't been there in quite some time.

I was just there last week and spoke with the Manger . He said a couple of years ago Jimmy came in , saw the guitar and asked for it so they gave it to him. He stated that Jimmy said he had lost several guitars in the 70's...wonder where those are???

The one in Washington DC has one of Bonham's amber Vistalite drums, I touched it and it was awesome.

The Hard Rock in Grand Cayman Island has the acoustic guitar that Jimmy Page used on the 1975 tour. It still has tape residue from where he put duct tape on it. I just saw it a few days ago.

I have only been to maybe three Hard Rocks, but the one in Grand Cayman is my favourite. The have the most rock stuff. The one in DC had a lot of pop music stuff, like Madonna, Brittney Spears, etc.

The one in Washington DC has one of Bonham's amber Vistalite drums, I touched it and it was awesome.

The Hard Rock in Grand Cayman Island has the acoustic guitar that Jimmy Page used on the 1975 tour. It still has tape residue from where he put duct tape on it. I just saw it a few days ago.

I have only been to maybe three Hard Rocks, but the one in Grand Cayman is my favourite. The have the most rock stuff. The one in DC had a lot of pop music stuff, like Madonna, Brittney Spears, etc.

I would love to see the drums in DC ( you actually touched them!!!) and the guitar in the Caymans. It's like an emotional bond when you see these.

Hope you had a great time in the Caymans...beautiful place...

I was just in Manhattan and was at The Hard Rock Cafe Times Square.

A suit ordered by John at "Granny Takes A Trip" in London on November 28, 1979. John wore the suit on stage. Also displayed is the original receipt from Granny's with all of the measurements and directions to make the suit.

IMG_0071.jpg

I've also been to a few other HRC's but the only other Zeppelin-related artifact I saw was Jonesy's bass guitar at the Hard Rock in Niagara Falls, ON.

Unfortunately the plaque said "Paul Jones, Led Zeppelin" :o

Hopefully it since has been corrected, as I saw it 2 years ago.

It has always been a question in my mind to the amount of items that are in all the HRC's. Some have been proving to just be a guitar, but not the original. A Randy Rhoads black Jackson guitar at the Philadelphia HRC is just a bog standard Black RR Jackson but it is not 'THE' one belonging to RR. How many of JB drum kits are seen in HRC and how many are just Ludwig vintage kits. Or they could just be a new vistalite amber kit they have been made to the same specs as an original ?. You do feel some what cheated when you find out that the memorabilia is not what you think it is. :(

This thread was posted up back in January and it shows Bonzo's drumsticks at the Biloxi HRC.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?showtopic=9513

Only a small portion of Hard Rock memerobilia is genuine. Most of it is representative.

The "Bonham" kit was never owned by Bonzo. And never was Jimmy's doubleneck ANYWHERE that he didn't know exactly where it was.

Personally I go to the Hard Rock for the vibe (and the bar). Gawking at the junk is fun, but I don't invest much in the way of awe when I browse it. And like I said, 95% of it isn't even the real deal.

I wouldn't mind eating sushi under a Bonzo kit, cause that's just cool. But no amount of sake is gonna make me think it was actually his.

Now do any of these items get rotated amongst the various Hard Rock Cafes? If they do it's probably just the franchises in the major cities. Just wondering.

Yes, they absolutely do and there are tons of items still in storage awaiting display.

At the Hard Rock Cafe in Dubai, United Arab Emirates they have all the Zeppelin LP's on display along with photos of various ticket stubs and concert bills. Nothing original or unique, but it was fun to see and I appreciated seeing this in the middle east.

Thanks for sharing. What a great place. Were you there on vacation?

Technically, this is pre-Zeppelin, but the Hard Rock in London had (still has? I visited in the mid-90's) a white suit that Jimmy wore in The Yardbirds. It looked amazingly small, but then so do most of the rock star clothes one sees on display.

Archived