Deborah J

Boleskine House

Bron Yr Aur Cottage

Corris Slate Quarry

Dolgoch Falls

Headly Grange

Yes-Tower House & Raglan Castle also

have you been to any of them?

No. Maybe I'll go to see some of the places one day, but some of them not.

Sorry for the mistake---but you know what I meant...your killing me:-)

I'm not meaning to - I didn't know what you meant. Castles are pretty specific things, and I wasn't sure what you meant. I guess you just meant landmarks?

I think some Zeppelin "sites" are OK to visit - some not, as they are still connected to the band and private - Tower House for example, which is also a house not a castle. ;)

I'm not meaning to - I didn't know what you meant. Castles are pretty specific things, and I wasn't sure what you meant. I guess you just meant landmarks?

I think some Zeppelin "sites" are OK to visit - some not, as they are still connected to the band and private - Tower House for example, which is also a house not a castle. ;)

That's why I stated Pilgrimage sites as well. have you ever been to any of these?

How many of you have visited the Castles and Cottage that most of their songs were Created/Recorded. This would make a great vacation trip!

I didn't visit Raglan castle but I've been past it before.

I didn't visit Boleskine but I've been past it when I walked the circumferance of Loch Ness some years ago.

Used to drink in the Toby Jug pub in Tolworth (where Zeppelin played in the very early days).

I wouldn't mind getting to Bron-y-Aur cottage one of these days but it's so hard to get to if you don't own a car (which I don't).

Edit. I also lived near Epsom (where Jimmy grew up). Does that count? :D

I didn't visit Raglan castle but I've been past it before.

I didn't visit Boleskine but I've been past it when I walked the circumferance of Loch Ness some years ago.

Used to drink in the Toby Jug pub in Tolworth (where Zeppelin played in the very early days).

I wouldn't mind getting to Bron-y-Aur cottage one of these days but it's so hard to get to if you don't own a car (which I don't).

Edit. I also lived near Epsom (where Jimmy grew up). Does that count? :D

Thnaks for sharing. I would love to visit the area. My next vacation just mmay be to try to visit these places.

ia couple of years ago i read about some women who made a holiday out of visiting zep landmarks. i think there were 3 of them. anyway, they visited johns grave and bron-yr-aur cottage and lots of other places. they went by roberts house, and he was home and invited them in! they had a few pics posted. i am sorry i can't remember the website, but i guess you could google it.

ia couple of years ago i read about some women who made a holiday out of visiting zep landmarks. i think there were 3 of them. anyway, they visited johns grave and bron-yr-aur cottage and lots of other places. they went by roberts house, and he was home and invited them in! they had a few pics posted. i am sorry i can't remember the website, but i guess you could google it.

Ugh it was really tasteless they are very lucky Robert didn't set the dogs on them.

Thnaks for sharing. I would love to visit the area. My next vacation just mmay be to try to visit these places.

No problem.

You could do it in a couple of weeks I'd guess, taking your time. From London and Surrey up to Scotland and then through to west Wales would involve a lot of travelling and probably your own transport.

Still, it would be a nice and varied trip for you that would take in most of Britain so you could stop elsewhere along the way and make the most of it.

If you need any specific questions answering I'll try and help.

really? i didn't realise, in what way? i thought robert must have enjoyed it, but i guess he was just being polite. :unsure:

Yeah you're right he was - he hates it when people try to track down him or his family at home. I can see why.

Hope you doing well BTW? x :beer:

Yeah you're right he was - he hates it when people try to track down him or his family at home. I can see why.

I can understad that. I'd never do it myself. I think it's tasteless too.

It's cool to go to the other sites though in my view. Now if only I can find the exact rock Jimmy climbed up in TSRTS.

I don't really believe in pilgrimages for bands. Lots of others on the site have visited some of the places you list though. I'm sure you'll get some tales.

I have to agree with KB on this one, especially for first or second visits to the UK. There is simply too much to see and if you are spending the money to cross the Atlantic, why do a band pilgrimage? I did do the obligatory Beatles tour in Liverpool, however the rest of the time I was overwhelmed with trying to see all the historical sites and take in all the pubs and local culture.

I did do a little bit of the pilgrimage thing with Henry VIII. I went to the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, Westminster Abbey, etc. I am a bit fascinated with Henry, so I stalked him. LOL

No problem.

You could do it in a couple of weeks I'd guess, taking your time. From London and Surrey up to Scotland and then through to west Wales would involve a lot of travelling and probably your own transport.

Still, it would be a nice and varied trip for you that would take in most of Britain so you could stop elsewhere along the way and make the most of it.

If you need any specific questions answering I'll try and help.

Thanks, I would never track them down. I would just love to see the area and take a look at some of the places. I have worked for Luxury Hotels for almost 30 years, so I have had the pleasure of travleing to some great places, but never there. I have also seen many a rock star and movie stars and political figures, but we are never allowed to ask them for autographs or approach them any differently than any other guest, nor tell our friends that they are staying with us...

But I may take my vacation next year and visit London and Surrey. For me it would be a meaningful vacation. I may get in touch with you down the road on this. Thanks for offering:-)

I'd be afraid to run into Samo. :blink:

:lol:

I don't think I'd ever make a pilgrimage for a band, not even LZ.

But I'd certainly travel the world to meet the real friends I made at the old LZ forum.

B)

:lol:

I don't think I'd ever make a pilgrimage for a band, not even LZ.

But I'd certainly travel the world to meet the real friends I made at the old LZ forum.

B)

Life is short, you should try to reach them:-) Do you stay in touch with them?

Archived