Even Zeppelin fans can be idiots

Absent

Just got this message from Youtube from a comment I made on Since I've been loving you '73

look im a huger led zeppelin than you. stairway to heaven is the best song ever and always will be. every true led zeppelin fav song is stairway to heaven and/or kashmir. kashmir is the best riff. trampled underfoot was popish. so just shut your mouth up and go fuck your mom and you dont even have the real led zeppelin fan rules on your channel you son of a bitch

My reply was commenting on how he was incredibly shallow for saying that Zep's best Solo was STH and their best riff was Kashmir and how Trampled Underfoot, Babe I'm gonna Leave you and Bron y-aur Stomp were better.

It's disappointing I think how some people can be so shallow as to make comments like that, and call Trampled Underfoot "popish" that song is amazing,

Look at it this way, at least Robert Plant took the time to comment.

Just got this message from Youtube from a comment I made on Since I've been loving you '73

look im a huger led zeppelin than you. stairway to heaven is the best song ever and always will be. every true led zeppelin fav song is stairway to heaven and/or kashmir. kashmir is the best riff. trampled underfoot was popish. so just shut your mouth up and go fuck your mom and you dont even have the real led zeppelin fan rules on your channel you son of a bitch

My reply was commenting on how he was incredibly shallow for saying that Zep's best Solo was STH and their best riff was Kashmir and how Trampled Underfoot, Babe I'm gonna Leave you and Bron y-aur Stomp were better.

It's disappointing I think how some people can be so shallow as to make comments like that, and call Trampled Underfoot "popish" that song is amazing,

See what happens when you try to reason with a 2 year old?

Popish-written by a Pope....lol

tell him that the most Popish songs are on Houses of the Holy, if he knows anything about Pope-ular music he should have known that ....

Conclusion of the century:

This guy wants to be poopular, since he is full of shit already.

Keep smiling.

(lol, got carried away....I will have some more wine now and try to stop giggling)

:lol:

Just ignore people like that, it's not worth it. I was once told that I wasn't old enough to be a real Led Zeppelin fan. I was okay with hearing it though because it was a minister who told me that and he also said that STH was really about Satan.

Oh, man. I am getting a couple of pretty mean comments on YouTube for my It Might Get Loud interviews. The funniest one though, is the guy who says I am old and out of touch wondering "Who the Led Zeppelins are" -- if anything, somebody who is young would be out of touch on that subject.

There are some positive comments, though. But I wish it wasn't all about me. It's annoying. I'd love to hear some nice feedback on what the guys said. Especially Jimmy, who is so charming! (If anyone is curious, our YouTube channel is /tvwiretv and my own, where I favorited the videos, is /stacilayne)

Best,

Staci

Oh, man. I am getting a couple of pretty mean comments on YouTube for my It Might Get Loud interviews. The funniest one though, is the guy who says I am old and out of touch wondering "Who the Led Zeppelins are" -- if anything, somebody who is young would be out of touch on that subject.

There are some positive comments, though. But I wish it wasn't all about me. It's annoying. I'd love to hear some nice feedback on what the guys said. Especially Jimmy, who is so charming! (If anyone is curious, our YouTube channel is /tvwiretv and my own, where I favorited the videos, is /stacilayne)

Best,

Staci

Oh God, I feel so sorry that you have to deal with those idiots, Staci. And it made me feel angry. :angry:

You did a good job and can be absolutely proud of yourself. Don't mind those stupid comments, some people are probably just jealous.

Oh God, I feel so sorry that you have to deal with those idiots, Staci. And it made me feel angry. :angry:

You did a good job and can be absolutely proud of yourself. Don't mind those stupid comments, some people are probably just jealous.

Thanks! It's something I must remind myself, all the time. Working in front of the camera is something I never strove for. It just happened, and I love it when in the moment. But dealing with all the scrutiny is painful at times.

Staci Layne

Best,

Staci

Well, I'll tell you one thing, Staci, I am uber jealous of you right now :D And I'm betting that those mean commentators feel the same way.

I liked the interview. I thought it was very good. I liked that you directed your questions to both Jack and Jimmy, so as to give them both a chance to explain. Nothing worse than favouritism in an interview. I don't know too much about Jack White, but he comes across as quite modest in interviews. Jimmy is as eloquent (and elegant) as always. He could read me the phone book and I'd think he was reciting Shakespeare. He's a fidgety bugger, though! I wanted to slap his hands half the time. :D

On a side note; did anyone think that David Guggenheim looked an teensy bit like Tim Burton with a curled lip? He reminded me of his evil twin (no disrespect to either Mr Guggenheim or Mr Burton, there).

On a side note; did anyone think that David Guggenheim looked an teensy bit like Tim Burton with a curled lip? He reminded me of his evil twin (no disrespect to either Mr Guggenheim or Mr Burton, there).

Ahem, if Mr. Burton wants to make a movie with Jack White (We've talked about his likeness to Johnny Depp, Burton's favorite in another thread) and Jimmy(dark lord? or white wizard?), I wouldn't complain.

Ahem, if Mr. Burton wants to make a movie with Jack White (We've talked about his likeness to Johnny Depp, Burton's favorite in another thread) and Jimmy(dark lord? or white wizard?), I wouldn't complain.

It would make for interesting viewing, I'll tell you that!

Now that you mention it, I can see the Johnny Depp/Jack White comparison. Maybe it's the kookiness of his hair...

Well, I'd join you guys in line for tickets to that one. :D

And I agree, Staci, that those ridiculous comments on YouTube are motivated by a lot of jealousy and a lack of brain cells, so ignore them--you did a great job. :)

Well, I'll tell you one thing, Staci, I am uber jealous of you right now :D And I'm betting that those mean commentators feel the same way.

I liked the interview. I thought it was very good. I liked that you directed your questions to both Jack and Jimmy, so as to give them both a chance to explain. Nothing worse than favouritism in an interview. I don't know too much about Jack White, but he comes across as quite modest in interviews. Jimmy is as eloquent (and elegant) as always. He could read me the phone book and I'd think he was reciting Shakespeare. He's a fidgety bugger, though! I wanted to slap his hands half the time. :D

I must agree with you on that point. Any of the three boys could read me the phone book and I'd sit there totally enjoying it.

Why did you get bothered enough to say anything? I read copious amounts of dumb comments on YouTube all the time, but I don't let it get me angry or anything. If I make a comment about a video and someone says something like that in response, I just ignore it.

HUGER?! HE SAID HUGER??!! :lol: :lol: :lol::hysterical: :hysterical:

ROFL!

That isn't even the worst of it, In my 9th grade class there was this kid who tried to say Led Zeppelin was sloppily and generically put together music. I asked him what songs he had heard and he said "stairway to heaven and Black Dog", then some random emo kid comes in and agrees with him. I asked them what bands are better and they said "Bring me the horizon"

Does anyone have ANY musical taste whatsoever?

• 4 weeks later...

The thing is that in this case it was posted in You Tube, of course you should ignore them because they can't show their face to actually say that without being ashamed of themselves ¬¬ But it's so annoying when it happens face to face. Two yeras ago, in our subject Music we had to talk about your favourite band/singer and make your classmates listen to one song. After finishing telling Led Zepp's history (I tried to be as consist as I could, which was impossible!) everyone was really amazed 'cause only few knew about them. I chose 'Babe, I'm gonna leave you' to listen in class and everyone got either bored or scared xD and a girl said to me : Stairway to Heaven is the only song that everyone knows, so if they don't know it, they won't like it ..¬¬

:( never felt more frustated...

The thing is that in this case it was posted in You Tube, of course you should ignore them because they can't show their face to actually say that without being ashamed of themselves ¬¬ But it's so annoying when it happens face to face. Two yeras ago, in our subject Music we had to talk about your favourite band/singer and make your classmates listen to one song. After finishing telling Led Zepp's history (I tried to be as consist as I could, which was impossible!) everyone was really amazed 'cause only few knew about them. I chose 'Babe, I'm gonna leave you' to listen in class and everyone got either bored or scared xD and a girl said to me : Stairway to Heaven is the only song that everyone knows, so if they don't know it, they won't like it ..¬¬

:( never felt more frustated...

I'd knock that bitch out!..Haha no, just felt like saying that, but i would call her an idiot or something along those lines, because what she said is a lie. Just because you dont know a song, it doesnt mean you wont like it. Well atleast she new a song by them, most people i go to school with ask, "Who the heck is Led Zeppelin?" Id play Babe Im Gonna Leave You too, its always a favorite of mine :)

We can found some really sad comments there! Comments of people who write them just for the pleasure of being bad, of creating trouble, people who probably dont even know anything about Led!

This is why I never write, or read comments on youtube! It's a waste of time, and to get angry because some asshole is saying bad things about Zeppelin, I only have to speak to some of my "friends" at school... or even with my family! I have some pretty arguments with my dad about Zeppelin! <_< he speaks about them without even knowing them! <_< That just pisses me off!

And it makes no sense trying to rate this or that song as the best LZ song! It's very relative...

All LZ songs are amazing... all songs deserve to be rated as the best!

There cant be a "better one"... only a "favourite one" to each person! (and even that is hard!)

The best thing to do, really is to ignore those coments...

Anyway, through internet we cant hurt those guys... personally is easier! :P

(hope I'm making sense... my english is also on vacations!)

I'd knock that bitch out!..Haha no, just felt like saying that, but i would call her an idiot or something along those lines, because what she said is a lie. Just because you dont know a song, it doesnt mean you wont like it. Well atleast she new a song by them, most people i go to school with ask, "Who the heck is Led Zeppelin?" Id play Babe Im Gonna Leave You too, its always a favorite of mine :)

I know!..I felt like knocking her out, too. But then I realize that she just said her opinion about my classmates's reaction, and maybe she was right. People sometimes is just like that.

Nice to know there are also young people who have good taste on music as well!... Makes me feel I'm not that oldfashiones after all.. :D

This is why I never write, or read comments on youtube!

I admittedly read and write comments on YouTube. Sometimes it's helpful when clueless people upload things with incorrect descriptions (e.g., I saw one guy who uploaded Brownsville Station's "Smokin' in the Boys Room" and said was Alice Cooper!)

But when it comes to my own stuff that I upload on my channel, I typically disable all comments and ratings. The way I see it, I'm there to share video clips, not to make each clip a new message board for bored whiners.

Archived