David Letterman really apologizes!? - This just in:

Reggie1971

It still concerns the same topic. There was no need for an entire new thread about it.

But a crass joke and a apology are two different....Oh whatever, in the tradition of David Letterman I will offer my sincerest apology for the harm caused by duplicating a topic thread. I will try to do better in the future :D

:D:D

Not at all. I point out duplicate threads and get accused of wanting to "own the board". I realize some rules are meant to be broken but I see nothing at all the matter with trying to keep identical thread topics to a minimum. It's something everyone agreed to when they signed up as a member of the forum.

I'm an Aries too. I don't think I'd get along with him too well.

Also, I'm the president of Mars.

:D

How's it going "redrum?" I'm an Aries also and like yourself, I know for fact that I would not get a long with David Letterman at all! ROCK ON!

I saw the joke, and it wasnt even funny. He should be apologizing for how horrible it was in humor terms, because there was none. Just a no-laughs, bad joke to me...

And that's what this thread is about. Letterman's apology. Perhaps you should read it...

Would you get a short with him?

How's it going "Jahfin?" I know for fact that I would knock Letterman on his ass if he ever looked me face to face and said a bad remark aimed at me especially if it was deliberately hurtful! I realize that Letterman is an entertainer but sometimes his remarks can get a little out of hand. ROCK ON!

I haven't read everything about this fiasco so forgive me if this has already been talked about..Is Rodriguez doing anything about Letterman's comments?

Juliet

PS I don't watch much late night since the Johnny Carson show ..Johnny was the best

Isnt it about how he is apologizing for how it was about a 14 year old girl? I was saying he should be apologizing for a different reason because the joke just simply sucked... <_< ..Nevermind forget it.. :mellow:

i totally get you.....and yeah, he should also apologize for his crappy show. conan is so much funnier (sorry, off topic).

its good he apologized, i guess, but it doesn't wipe away the fact that he used his celebrity status to perpetuate this demeaning attitude towards young women in this country. he's still sickening. IMHO. also, i don't believe for one minute that he didn't know Willow was with her mom. he's full of shite.

I don't really agree with comedians apologizing for jokes - they should sink or swim by their material imho - but if Letterman genuinely felt the need to apologize (or someone had a strong enough vice grip on his cojones for him to do so), then I respect his choice. That said, I don't think he should get as much credit for affecting teen girls as he seems to have been getting. I would talk to my daughter about options, about how to respond to douches, and about how not to let someone's opinion get to her. Yes he has an audience, but the power of his words are only as effective as they are allowed to be.

I don't really agree with comedians apologizing for jokes - they should sink or swim by their material imho - but if Letterman genuinely felt the need to apologize (or someone had a strong enough vice grip on his cojones for him to do so), then I respect his choice. That said, I don't think he should get as much credit for affecting teen girls as he seems to have been getting. I would talk to my daughter about options, about how to respond to douches, and about how not to let someone's opinion get to her. Yes he has an audience, but the power of his words are only as effective as they are allowed to be.

Couldn't agree more !

Archived