iPhones: What A Crock

Reggie29

The new Apple iPhone will be released this year and it occurred to me how much Apple have conned people and caused a potential environmental problem.

When the first iPhone was released all the mindless sheep from every country lined up to be the "first" to own one.

A work colleague was most ecxcited abnd when I pointed out that video could not be captured or transmitted he wasn't concerned even at $800 each.

Now the only difference between the first release and this one is the video capture and more of those useless "apps".

The problem is there are so many iPhones out there that the people will undoubtedly upgrade and will now contribute to the excessive supply of too many wasted cell / mobile phones already.

This also applies to iPods too.

I bet they won't accept trade-ins.

This Apple is rotten to the core.

They're also killing music!

Try listening to an album through a stereo amp with a pair of good quality Sennheisers and then listen to it through a shitass iPod with tiny earbuds.

Chalk and cheese my friend..

I love my iPod. I don't even own a stereo anymore. I have a combo radio/record player and then my computer. That's how I listen to music. It's great. No more lugging my CD player and CDs everywhere when I want to listen to music on a road trip or when on the train or what have you. I have my cute little purple iPod nano with black ear buds (because you're a target if you have the white Apple earbuds - people see that and will steal your iPod) and I love it.

I can't imagine NOT having one, come to think of it. So much more sensible and portable. If I want to listen to anything on a real stereo system, I use my dad's; he's got top of the line shit. Other than that, I move with the rest of technology.

^ As a major hater of MP3, I'm still looking for a decent player that supports FLAC that will hold ALL of my music (yes, all of it... I think it's more then 100 GBs... a LOT more... maybe closer to 500... or maybe even a terabyte). Until then, I deal with my CD player and CDs, because portability is less important then quality to me.

Personally, though, I looking forward to the LG enV Touch (or, unofficially, the Voyager 2):

Oh hell yeah!

They're also killing music!

Try listening to an album through a stereo amp with a pair of good quality Sennheisers and then listen to it through a shitass iPod with tiny earbuds.

SO TRUE!!!! I don't own an iPod for that reason!

I need a smart phone of some sort next year when our contract is up, but haven't begun shopping around yet. I'll need to be able to synch it to Outlook so that may rule out a few. Blackberry and Treo may be options :unsure: (Calendar, internet and email = higher priority needs than music; I don't mind having a separate iPod, for now at least).

I need a smart phone of some sort next year when our contract is up, but haven't begun shopping around yet. I'll need to be able to synch it to Outlook so that may rule out a few. Blackberry and Treo may be options :unsure: (Calendar, internet and email = higher priority needs than music; I don't mind having a separate iPod, for now at least).

Word of warning with BlackBerry... avoid the Touch. I have seen it and I have used it. Nearly everyone I know who had it changed it out before 6 months for a different phone. I have read lost of good reviews, yet all the good reviews seem "professional," and therefore make you wonder if they have something to gain by saying the Blackberry Touch is good. And for every good review, I have seen 3 or more bad reviews.

The biggest complaint I've seen is that while this whole "clicking" thing is nice, the screen tends to freeze up often, and it's happened to me... on a brand new, just opened one.

Balckberry itself is a pretty good brand. My Dad has one of the Blackberry smartphones and he loves it (no, I don't know exactly which one). But, for some reason, the Touch is wroking itself up (or down, as the case may be) to becoming Blackberry's Windows Vista.

I know a lot of people who have Iphones (the newer and older ones) and absolutely love them. As for Ipods - I can't imagine not having one. Doesn't take away from my listening to music on my stereo at home but when I'm out and about, the Ipod is great.

I know a lot of people who have Iphones (the newer and older ones) and absolutely love them. As for Ipods - I can't imagine not having one. Doesn't take away from my listening to music on my stereo at home but when I'm out and about, the Ipod is great.

Everyone I know says the iPhone is great for everything but the "phone" part.

Again, not the experiences my mates have had either.

Fair enough. Everyone's experiences are different. My main issue with the iPhone is that its on AT&T. If they would open the contract so I could use it on Verizon, I would actually consider it. I don't think Apple is all that bad. In many ways, their computers are a hell of a lot better then fuckin' PCs...

Fair enough. Everyones experiences are different. My main issue with the iPhone is that its on AT&T. If they would open the contract so I could use it on Verizon, I would actually consider it. I don't think Apple is all that bad. In many ways, their computers are a hell of a lot better then fuckin' PCs...

I'm very pro Apple and have had great experiences with them, which sadly I can't say the same with PCs. But it's a personal preference thing as far as that goes. With phone service, I haven't had good luck with Verizon so I switched to AT&T and find their service overall better.

I'm very pro Apple and have had great experiences with them, which sadly I can't say the same with PCs. But it's a personal preference thing as far as that goes. With phone service, I haven't had good luck with Verizon so I switched to AT&T and find their service overall better.

I watched AT&T screw my parents out of hundreds of dollars. AT&T is a huge part of the reason they went bankrupt back in '05 (that and the hospital bills from my Mom's breast cancer and chemo). Also, when we had AT&T internet, we rarely if ever had a signal. Nearly everyone on our street had issues with AT&T, in fact, and we're all one big Comcast street, now (though we recently started campaigning Verizon to get Fiber Optics out here because now even Comcast is sucking).

Verizon has been good to us, so we use them.

Of course, that just our experience, and I know a lot of people who love AT&T... some who even swear by it. So, there you go...

I watched AT&T screw my parents out of hundreds of dollars. AT&T is a huge part of the reason they went bankrupt back in '05 (that and the hospital bills from my Mom's breast cancer and chemo). Also, when we had AT&T internet, we rarely if ever had a signal. Nearly everyone on our street had issues with AT&T, in fact, and we're all one big Comcast street, now (though we recently started campaigning Verizon to get Fiber Optics out here because now even Comcast is sucking).

Verizon has been good to us, so we use them.

Of course, that just our experience, and I know a lot of people who love AT&T... some who even swear by it. So, there you go...

That's it - some people have great luck here with Verizon and I didn't and the same goes for AT&T. Another one of those personal preference things :)

Word of warning with BlackBerry... avoid the Touch. I have seen it and I have used it. Nearly everyone I know who had it changed it out before 6 months for a different phone. I have read lost of good reviews, yet all the good reviews seem "professional," and therefore make you wonder if they have something to gain by saying the Blackberry Touch is good. And for every good review, I have seen 3 or more bad reviews.

The biggest complaint I've seen is that while this whole "clicking" thing is nice, the screen tends to freeze up often, and it's happened to me... on a brand new, just opened one.

Balckberry itself is a pretty good brand. My Dad has one of the Blackberry smartphones and he loves it (no, I don't know exactly which one). But, for some reason, the Touch is wroking itself up (or down, as the case may be) to becoming Blackberry's Windows Vista.

Thanks for the heads up Nathan :)

BS44.jpg

B)

:lol: I think my parents may still have a rotary phone!

I love my iPod. I don't even own a stereo anymore.

That would be me as well. I take my iPod everywhere. I don't have an iPhone, but if I ever do get one, I'm sure it will be my new favorite gadget. Like it's been mentioned on here already, the people I know who do have one LOVE it.

Archived