iPhones: What A Crock

Reggie29

Try listening to an album through a stereo amp with a pair of good quality Sennheisers and then listen to it through a shitass iPod with tiny earbuds.

Then try taking the album and the stereo amp on a plane, or strap them to your back while you're jogging, or . . .

Obviously you're not going to get a premium listening experience from an iPod, but for times when you need portability, can't be beat. :D

Word of warning with BlackBerry... avoid the Touch. I have seen it and I have used it. Nearly everyone I know who had it changed it out before 6 months for a different phone. I have read lost of good reviews, yet all the good reviews seem "professional," and therefore make you wonder if they have something to gain by saying the Blackberry Touch is good. And for every good review, I have seen 3 or more bad reviews.

The biggest complaint I've seen is that while this whole "clicking" thing is nice, the screen tends to freeze up often, and it's happened to me... on a brand new, just opened one.

Balckberry itself is a pretty good brand. My Dad has one of the Blackberry smartphones and he loves it (no, I don't know exactly which one). But, for some reason, the Touch is wroking itself up (or down, as the case may be) to becoming Blackberry's Windows Vista.

I was lucky when I purchased my Blackberry Bold my sales rep told me to avoid the BB touch as it was rushed to market to compete with the IPhone. I have had no problems with the bold. I love my blackberry. :rolleyes:

...I dont have an ipod..

I just have my turntable, and records, and honestly 2 CDs (The Early Singles- Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin Live At the Whiskey A Go-Go) I think Cds hate me..I hate them back..

I don't have one either but my nephew told me he put 13,000 songs on his and it has room for 50,000. :blink:

He put all his cd's on it and then sold all the cd's. :huh:

Then try taking the album and the stereo amp on a plane, or strap them to your back while you're jogging, or . . .

Obviously you're not going to get a premium listening experience from an iPod, but for times when you need portability, can't be beat. :D

What if quality is more important then portability? When someone comes out with a 500 gig or 1 terabyte player that supports FLAC, I'll get one. 'Til then, my portable CD player and my CD case are just dandy, thank you very much. :D

What if quality is more important then portability? When someone comes out with a 500 gig or 1 terabyte player that supports FLAC, I'll get one. 'Til then, my portable CD player and my CD case are just dandy, thank you very much. :D

I understand the quality issue which is why I have a good stereo system at home but it doesn't bother me to listen to my Ipod and not have top of the line sound for the convenience of it as well as having thousands of songs to choose from.

I understand the quality issue which is why I have a good stereo system at home but it doesn't bother me to listen to my Ipod and not have top of the line sound for the convenience of it as well as having thousands of songs to choose from.

Eh... I'm a stingy audiophile elitist :D. Quality is the most important thing to me, and that goes so far that I wouldn't give it up for the sake of portability.

It's a personal choice, of course, and I get why iPods and other such players are so popular. But for me, the worst way to listen to a song is "on the go." Why not sit down and appreciate it, you know?

Admittedly, I'm actually a bit of a hypocrite, because as much as I hate MP3, I have about 250 megabytes on my cell phone of MP3 music (192 because my phone won't play anything higher :() which is nice for when I'm mowing the lawn or when I'm out somewhere that's playing really crappy music and I just need to hear something... you know... good.

But, in the end, if I had a time machine, I would go back in time, stop the creation of MP3, and force FLAC into the mainstream so everybody would be using that, instead. But, seeing as how time machines aren't real, I just have to deal with my love of quality and hope that, one day, I'll have the portable player of my dreams...

Yeah they plan it that way. It sucks.

What are we going to do about it?

If you want more options for your iPhone, you should "hack it" so you can customize just about anything, from appearance to functionality.

Eh... I'm a stingy audiophile elitist :D. Quality is the most important thing to me, and that goes so far that I wouldn't give it up for the sake of portability.

It's a personal choice, of course, and I get why iPods and other such players are so popular. But for me, the worst way to listen to a song is "on the go." Why not sit down and appreciate it, you know?

Admittedly, I'm actually a bit of a hypocrite, because as much as I hate MP3, I have about 250 megabytes on my cell phone of MP3 music (192 because my phone won't play anything higher :() which is nice for when I'm mowing the lawn or when I'm out somewhere that's playing really crappy music and I just need to hear something... you know... good.

But, in the end, if I had a time machine, I would go back in time, stop the creation of MP3, and force FLAC into the mainstream so everybody would be using that, instead. But, seeing as how time machines aren't real, I just have to deal with my love of quality and hope that, one day, I'll have the portable player of my dreams...

Again, I appreciate quality in music and I love nothing more than to put a good cd or album on and get lost in it. But I don't mind listening to music on the go either. I can get lost in it too, in a different way so I guess for me it works well. It's not my only method of listening to music but I appreciate having one :D

I'm not a big downloader - 95% of what's on my Ipod is my own cds loaded. I'm old fashioned in that sense - I like to have the actual product.

Again, I appreciate quality in music and I love nothing more than to put a good cd or album on and get lost in it. But I don't mind listening to music on the go either. I can get lost in it too, in a different way so I guess for me it works well. It's not my only method of listening to music but I appreciate having one :D

I'm not a big downloader - 95% of what's on my Ipod is my own cds loaded. I'm old fashioned in that sense - I like to have the actual product.

Yeah I like to have it in my hands too. I tend to still order online though. Amazon.com is not as fast as downloading a song from iTunes, but it comes within a week and then I have something physical to hold on to and then I get a warm gushy feeling :)

I don't have one either but my nephew told me he put 13,000 songs on his and it has room for 50,000. :blink:

He put all his cd's on it and then sold all the cd's. :huh:

Oh my goodness! :o I have a hard time coming up with ~100 songs!

Fair enough.

Agreed. one of my reasons for liking CDs and loving vinyl is the artwork. I just love it, you know? I'm planning an album myself, and I'm thinking of having a crossword puzzle on the artwork. You'll have to listen to the music for the answers.

I like artwork, especially interactive artwork (Led Zeppelin III vinyl... :D)...

Oh my goodness! :o I have a hard time coming up with ~100 songs!

You need more music, Virginia...

Wait till September. Right now, Apple is holding back its new shit because of a back to school promotion. Buy a laptop and get a free ipod. My bass player is a profeesional graphic artist, and relies on his Macs for his livelyhood. He just bought a new laptop and a new iPhone. He's fucking pissed that the memory upgrades came right on the heels of his purchase. Not to mention the upcoming price reductions. <_<

You need more music, Virginia...

I have about 2x that many just in Pink Floyd songs.

But with 50,000 songs, how do you find the one that you want? :unsure: It's not that I don't like more than 100 songs, I just like to work with a smaller number (and I have a shuffle, so that's about all it holds anyway).

But with 50,000 songs, how do you find the one that you want? :unsure: It's not that I don't like more than 100 songs, I just like to work with a smaller number (and I have a shuffle, so that's about all it holds anyway).

But that's just the beauty of it. I love so many songs, I usually just pop in about 6 discs on my player at home and hit shuffle. If I have a song going through my head that I just need to hear, I already know the name of it and the artist, so I just find the CD, and put it in. Or, if it happens to be on my phone, I find the artist, then the song.

the worst way to listen to a song is "on the go." Why not sit down and appreciate it, you know?

Why not enjoy both! I have a stereo and an iPod, I don't think getting an iPod means you have to give up your home stereo.

which is nice for when I'm mowing the lawn or when I'm out somewhere that's playing really crappy music and I just need to hear something... you know... good.

Exactly! That's why iPods are so great. And the fact that when you put it on shuffle you can get so many different styles of music one song right after the other.

I have my Itunes set up by folders of either different artists or themes so it's much easier to find stuff. Mostly I put on shuffle and go that way unless I want to hear something specific.

Totally agree, it's convenient and the only thing that stopped me from getting one at the start

was the $599.00us price tag then later they lowered the price by $200.00us.

Still not low enough for a phone in my book, however I still wanted one so I

had to find away to get someone else to buy it for me.

After doing extensive research and watching the auctions on eBay I told myself bingo!

I can do that, so I drove to ever AT&T store in SE Louisiana and laid down the plastic.

Hahaha not only did I make enough profit to pay off the cards I got me a free iPhone lol.

As far as the things that irritate me about the phone, only video format right now is Youtube

there is no flash player and the crappy earbuds that come with it.

It is also nice to have if your I'll and can't or to tired to go to the PC

The keyboard is a little tediuos for my fat finger syndrome.

I'm typing this post from my phone now so you can see

the convenience.

Totally agree, it's convenient and the only thing that stopped me from getting one at the start

was the $599.00us price tag then later they lowered the price by $200.00us.

Still not low enough for a phone in my book, however I still wanted one so I

had to find away to get someone else to buy it for me.

After doing extensive research and watching the auctions on eBay I told myself bingo!

I can do that, so I drove to ever AT&T store in SE Louisiana and laid down the plastic.

Hahaha not only did I make enough profit to pay off the cards I got me a free iPhone lol.

As far as the things that irritate me about the phone, only video format right now is Youtube

there is no flash player and the crappy earbuds that come with it.

It is also nice to have if your I'll and can't or to tired to go to the PC

The keyboard is a little tediuos for my fat finger syndrome.

I'm typing this post from my phone now so you can see

the convenience.

It looks easier to type than the blackberry keyboard which I find difficult. I think the newest Iphones will have some upgrade that will rectify the video issue if I'm not mistaken.

BTW - good to see you here :D Hope you are feeling okay :)

I just bought some new earbud headphones for my iPod since the ones I had are on their last legs. They're Bose, and my dad has a pair big headphones from the same people so I know they're good. I love them....well worth the $25 I paid for them, which you may think is steep for earbuds and maybe it is. I just refuse to use the Apple ones because a) they don't stay in my ear for shit and b.) when people see them they know right away you have an iPod and you become an easy mark for it to get stolen. I know a few people who had them yanked out of bags or or backpacks by thieves who saw the white lanyard.

My home cordless is the same one Jerry Seinfeld uses. My answering machine is a $9.99 digital model. "Won't you please forgive me cuz' I'm living in the past" :D

I have to update my work phone (which I carry 24 hrs.), and I have to keep Nextel dc because of an underground antennae system at work, so I took a good look at Crackberries. Not for me. These idiots I work with think it's cool to get their work e-mail forwarded to them 24 hours a day. Screw that !! Nextel sucks, but it's limited coverage can come in handy. Once you're over the bridge to the U.P., there's no getting a hold of me.

It looks easier to type than the blackberry keyboard which I find difficult. I think the newest Iphones will have some upgrade that will rectify the video issue if I'm not mistaken.

BTW - good to see you here :D Hope you are feeling okay :)

I've never used a blackberry so I couldn't compare the two. The upgrades only work on the 3G or the new 3G s but I downloaded the new updates for my 1st Gen and there are some nice updates still.

Thanks, been feeling ok but fatigued all the time or most of it any how.

They have to kill you a little to cure you. ;)

(Electrophile @ Jun 19 2009, 10:08 PM) post_snapback.gifI just bought some new earbud headphones for my iPod since the ones I had are on their last legs. They're Bose, and my dad has a pair big headphones from the same people so I know they're good. I love them....well worth the $25 I paid for them, which you may think is steep for earbuds and maybe it is. I just refuse to use the Apple ones because a) they don't stay in my ear for shit and b.) when people see them they know right away you have an iPod and you become an easy mark for it to get stolen. I know a few people who had them yanked out of bags or or backpacks by thieves who saw the white lanyard.

I upgraded to a pair of Sony buds. I sure would like to know where you found a pair of Bose for $25bux My brother has a pair and cost him $100bux :o

Archived