Jimmy Page books

moffo

Just wondering what the feedback is on these 2 books, 'Jimmy Page Past Presence' and 'Magus, Musician, Man' are they worth buying or are there any other books about Mr Page that you recommend...?

i've read the first but not the second. it's ok. it depends how many books you've read on the band and jimmy. if you havent read any its certainly a good starter

there is also "tangents within a framework" by howard mylett, which isnt so easy to get hold of

Magus Musician Man is a good overall read. The facts are 99% correct and author George Case genuinely cares about any corrections. He's a member here and can be contacted directly via this site.

Beyond that I'd recommend anything by Dave Lewis. Ritchie Yorke's book is quite good too. Howard Mylett.

Personally, I'd avoid Hammer of the Gods, Stairway to Heaven and Fallen Angel. They tend to present the tabloidesque version of things. Lewis sticks to facts and dates, as opposed to legends of how many daquiries (or groupies) were consumed on some mythical flight to LA. That's a hypothetical, but it illustrates the point.

Hang around here a bit. ;)

Archived