Pixies Play Surprise London Show

Jahfin

From NME.com:

pixies_RJ_L160609.jpg

Pic: Richard Johnson

Pixies played a surprise show in London last night (June 15) in the intimate Village Underground venue in Shoreditch.

Frank Black and co performed at an exhibition showcasing artwork from their forthcoming box set, 'Minotaur' – playing a 13-song set including classics 'Monkey Gone To Heaven', 'Gigantic' and 'Wave Of Mutilation'.

Although rumours had circulated that the four-piece were set to play live, it wasn't confirmed until around 9pm (BST), when a black shroud near the back of the venue fell to reveal the band with their instruments.

The set was rapturously-received – despite bassist Kim Deal fluffing a note midway through the set – with Black joking that she "always gets kicked off 'Rock Band'" when she plays Pixies songs on the computer game.

They were watched by fans including Klaxons' Jamie Reynolds and James Righton, former Libertines man Carl Barat and his ex-Dirty Pretty Things bandmate Anthony Rossomando, The Horrors frontman Faris Badwan and My Bloody Valentine's Kevin Shields.

Pixies played:

'Where Is My Mind?'

'Hey'

'No. 13 Baby'

'Monkey Gone To Heaven'

'U-Mass'

'Debaser'

'Tame'

'Gigantic'

'Into The White'

'Planet Of Sound'

'Dig For Fire'

'Bone Machine'

'Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf)'

From NME.com:

pixies_RJ_L160609.jpg

Pic: Richard Johnson

Pixies played a surprise show in London last night (June 15) in the intimate Village Underground venue in Shoreditch.

Frank Black and co performed at an exhibition showcasing artwork from their forthcoming box set, 'Minotaur' – playing a 13-song set including classics 'Monkey Gone To Heaven', 'Gigantic' and 'Wave Of Mutilation'.

Although rumours had circulated that the four-piece were set to play live, it wasn't confirmed until around 9pm (BST), when a black shroud near the back of the venue fell to reveal the band with their instruments.

The set was rapturously-received – despite bassist Kim Deal fluffing a note midway through the set – with Black joking that she "always gets kicked off 'Rock Band'" when she plays Pixies songs on the computer game.

They were watched by fans including Klaxons' Jamie Reynolds and James Righton, former Libertines man Carl Barat and his ex-Dirty Pretty Things bandmate Anthony Rossomando, The Horrors frontman Faris Badwan and My Bloody Valentine's Kevin Shields.

Pixies played:

'Where Is My Mind?'

'Hey'

'No. 13 Baby'

'Monkey Gone To Heaven'

'U-Mass'

'Debaser'

'Tame'

'Gigantic'

'Into The White'

'Planet Of Sound'

'Dig For Fire'