Jason Bonham talks about his Dad

Reggie1971

He seems like a really nice guy, then his dad was, I am sure he will be just great, he talk lovingly of his dad, as well, and with a lot of kindness, and respect, he must miss him greatly. I could see him down the pub with his dad, having a pint of beer.,

Great interview, thanks for posting it!

Seems to me like Bonham Sr. was a down to earth, really decent person. I always thought that, regardless of all the "Hammer Of The Gods" shit. Sure, Bonzo got a little crazy on the road. Who wouldn't at that age? He was YOUNG and had tons of money. Not to mention all the groupies he could eat.

But way down inside (pun intended), he was a great person. What a tragic loss.

I think John taught Jason well, set him up for the future, he died when Jason was fourteen, but I am sure by then that Jason knew he had to carry on in his footsteps, he wanted his dad to be proud of him.

I remember a group of Chinese Students wanted to see where John Henry Bonham was buried,pay their respects to him so they walked up the hill to his parents home, and rung the bell,and out came Jason, who did not give it a second thought, and took them down to where his Dad was buried, and they had written in the memorial book, what a lovely guy he was,and how John would of been proud of him.

It must of been really awful for Jason to loose his Dad so young, and at a time in a teenage boys life, when he really needed his Dad.

I hope one day to meet him.

I think John taught Jason well, set him up for the future, he died when Jason was fourteen, but I am sure by then that Jason knew he had to carry on in his footsteps, he wanted his dad to be proud of him.

I remember a group of Chinese Students wanted to see where John Henry Bonham was buried,pay their respects to him so they walked up the hill to his parents home, and rung the bell,and out came Jason, who did not give it a second thought, and took them down to where his Dad was buried, and they had written in the memorial book, what a lovely guy he was,and how John would of been proud of him.

It must of been really awful for Jason to loose his Dad so young, and at a time in a teenage boys life, when he really needed his Dad.

I hope one day to meet him.

Jason Bonham is a living lesson to all of us who have lost parents in how to channel grief into somethin constructive. I think the end of the concert on Monday will be quite a tearful event for Jason, but I think it will be a catharsis for him of his grief in a way he has probably not known, even though it is 27 years ago.

Grief is a strange thing. I think he will feel deeply proud on Monday and have proper closure.

Jason Bonham is a living lesson to all of us who have lost parents in how to channel grief into somethin constructive. I think the end of the concert on Monday will be quite a tearful event for Jason, but I think it will be a catharsis for him of his grief in a way he has probably not known, even though it is 27 years ago.

Grief is a strange thing. I think he will feel deeply proud on Monday and have proper closure.

I agree, all the way around. Nice summation. :thumbsup:

Archived