Words in Good Times Bad Times...

I know many lyrics sites have the second verse of "Good Times Bad Times" starting with the word "Sixteen", but listening to the actual song, you don't hear him saying "sixteen" but rather it sounds more like "Seventeen"... Does anyone know what he's actually saying...?

I know many lyrics sites have the second verse of "Good Times Bad Times" starting with the word "Sixteen", but listening to the actual song, you don't hear him saying "sixteen" but rather it sounds more like "Seventeen"... Does anyone know what he's actually saying...?

I have been saying Sixteen for almost 40 years.....:-)

Hi 'peepsicola'

I just ran that track some 50 times, going over the same phrase again and again, and i think its "Sixteen" but it is real hard to get a hang on it, well spotted.

Regards, Danny

I always thought it was seventeen haha.

this is a hard one,it goes blank for a second, but the pause makes me think its the longer of the two words, but then again after the mini pause it sounds like "ixteen", who knows

i think it's sixteen now, ;)

I've listened to it over and over and what doesn't help is that symbol crash right at the beginning of the verse.

I know. I would guess its sixteen though.

To me it kind of sounds like he's saying "sweet sixteen".....?

I'm listening to it now (over and over) and I'm 99% sure it is "Sixteen." (Get to work, dude!!) Listen to the second syllable, it sounds like "steen," whereas if he was saying seventeen, the second syllable would be pronounced "teen." Don't hear "sweet" for the first syllable. My untrained ears think he sings "Six" then pauses ever so slightly to then say "(s)teen."

Another possibility is that he sings 'Still a teen' ?

I'm listening to it now (over and over) and I'm 99% sure it is "Sixteen." (Get to work, dude!!) Listen to the second syllable, it sounds like "steen," whereas if he was saying seventeen, the second syllable would be pronounced "teen." Don't hear "sweet" for the first syllable. My untrained ears think he sings "Six" then pauses ever so slightly to then say "(s)teen."

Archived