Newbie on the block

ledzepfvr

Greetings everyone....I just joined the group so I thought I would say a few things about myself.

I'm a 51 year old empty nester mom who is enjoying a second adolesence. I've been married to my man for 24 years and while he is a few years older than me and is a Beatles/Dave Clark Five sort of fellow, he is happy to indulge my new found obsession for Led Zeppelin. By the way, my man shares the same name as Robert. I enjoy any sort of crafting project and my current interest is in jewlery making. Any time I see a photo or video of LZ I study what they are wearing, most noteably a red and white necklace I've seen Robert wear in several shots. I'd like to find a closeup to study what its made of so I can try to duplicate it. I was a teenager of the 70's and while I saw several great bands live in concert, sadly I never got to see Led Zeppelin. Can't figure out why. My brother in law saw them three out of the 4 nights when they were in So. California in 1972. I am so jealous. I'm going to have to interrogate him one of these times he is over to share his experience. I'm born, raised and lived in the State of California all my life. Its been a great life but this old state ain't what she used to be. I hope to meet as many people as I can at one time or another here and learn new things I haven't already read about.

Welcome fellow Cali native! If you need closeups of Robert's jewelry, head for the Photos section and post a request. I'm sure the Robettes would be glad to pore over their collections to help you out.

Trust me, people here can be very obliging when they vibe your enthusiasm!

For example, someone had a similar request regarding Jimmy's amulet, and six months later this arrived in the mail, handmade just for me! :D

EvFace4018.jpg

Greetings everyone....I just joined the group so I thought I would say a few things about myself.

I'm a 51 year old empty nester mom who is enjoying a second adolesence. I've been married to my man for 24 years and while he is a few years older than me and is a Beatles/Dave Clark Five sort of fellow, he is happy to indulge my new found obsession for Led Zeppelin. By the way, my man shares the same name as Robert. I enjoy any sort of crafting project and my current interest is in jewlery making. Any time I see a photo or video of LZ I study what they are wearing, most noteably a red and white necklace I've seen Robert wear in several shots. I'd like to find a closeup to study what its made of so I can try to duplicate it. I was a teenager of the 70's and while I saw several great bands live in concert, sadly I never got to see Led Zeppelin. Can't figure out why. My brother in law saw them three out of the 4 nights when they were in So. California in 1972. I am so jealous. I'm going to have to interrogate him one of these times he is over to share his experience. I'm born, raised and lived in the State of California all my life. Its been a great life but this old state ain't what she used to be. I hope to meet as many people as I can at one time or another here and learn new things I haven't already read about.

I was also. You're right, a lot has changed here. Welcome to the message board. I know what you mean. I recall when my friends saw Led Zeppelin in 1968 but I had to stay home that night. It was frustrating but also fun to hear about the show the next day, and it was all they talked about.

Welcome! looking forward to great conversation about our band and other music. I saw them in 73 and 75. I was 13 and 15 and I am almost 50 and I still believe them to be the greatest band. This forum has some of the most knowledgeable people in regards to music.

Archived