Does Jimmy Page smoke?

I watched The Song Remains The Same for about the 100th time last night on Palladia and of the lot, the only one I didn't see with a ciggie during the film was Jimmy. If i'm wrong, please point it out where's he got one. I used to think he had one when heading off stage during Moby Dick, but I didn't see him with one. JPJ's is smoking while reading the tour dates letter at home in the kitchen, Robert's seen with cig in hand backstage and Bonzo is seen smoking at several different points in the film.

Boy, I haven't heard that name in years either :o --or seen them.

If the camera didn't catch Jimmy with a cig during TSRTS, that's pretty amazing, but he was still smoking during that period (I used to wonder how come the white poppy suit, in particular, wasn't covered in ash and cigarette burns in the front, since he always had one hanging out of his mouth). Although he's officially quit these days, there's that pic of him with Ronnie Wood ^^ having a cig break--I'm sure I've seen a version of this pic in which the cig has mysteriously disappeared. :huh:;)

Has anyone heard the story that he dropped one down his shirt during Achilles Last Stand & wouldn't stop playing to get it out?

I didn´t hear about it yet, but if it is true, he could be very seriously injured! :o

Has anyone heard the story that he dropped one down his shirt during Achilles Last Stand & wouldn't stop playing to get it out?

Wow... He's a bit masochist xD (or maybe he was just trying to act as if nothing had happened :mellow: )

Robert doesn't smoke anymore but I've seen photographs where he's had Marlboro Lights and Marlboros.

Boy, I haven't heard that name in years either :o --or seen them.

If the camera didn't catch Jimmy with a cig during TSRTS, that's pretty amazing, but he was still smoking during that period (I used to wonder how come the white poppy suit, in particular, wasn't covered in ash and cigarette burns in the front, since he always had one hanging out of his mouth). Although he's officially quit these days, there's that pic of him with Ronnie Wood ^^ having a cig break--I'm sure I've seen a version of this pic in which the cig has mysteriously disappeared. :huh:;)

Thank you for the informations :D:D

He used to smoke Park Drives.

Off topic, but I remember an interview a few years back where I believe Plant said he'd given up caffiene. Did I remember this correctly?

Me neither, nor would anyone want to be around me if I tried :blink:

Well, I must be losing it more by the minute.

I would almost place my right hand on "Hammer Of The Gods," and state to those before me,that I either read or had seen an interview, in which Robert Plant stated he had given up caffiene. This was a few years back.

Can SteveAJones bail me out here?

I would almost place my right hand on "Hammer Of The Gods," and state to those before me,that I either read or had seen an interview, in which Robert Plant stated he had given up caffiene. This was a few years back.

Maybe he gave up for a bit and then came back? :lol:

Ok, I got this. Not sure if this is true though.

In their heyday they were the lords of excess - with vodka for breakfast and champagne for supper fuelling a 24-hour party habit.

Yesterday, however, it was clear that Led Zeppelin had come down to Earth after a very long high.

Instead of the notorious "coke" lady employed on their 1973 U.S. tour to keep the rockers rocking, last night's reunion gig was more in need of a tea lady.

The band - reformed for the first time in 19 years - requested little more than a constant flow of caffeine-free herbal tea and sparkling water for their backstage dressing room.

The source: dailymail

I do vaguely remember an interview that said he'd gone over to decaf coffee--I read it recently, but it was from some years ago. So maybe he's only given up certain kinds of caffeine!

Thanks! I feel validated now, and I need a cigarette.... but I don't smoke.

I can't recall offhand but I remember reading something somewhere (gee I'm helpful :slapface: ) where someone who worked at a venue Robert was performing at (wasn't terribly long ago) was drinking PG Tips tea at the time which I believe is caffeinated.

Maybe it's decaf coffee but caffeinated tea :lol:

Off topic, but I remember an interview a few years back where I believe Plant said he'd given up caffiene. Did I remember this correctly?

I may be going out on a limb here, but it would be entirely within character for him to say that facetiously. As in a throw away line. He may have been serious, but it wouldn't surprize me at all if he were just goofing.

I may be going out on a limb here, but it would be entirely within character for him to say that facetiously. As in a throw away line. He may have been serious, but it wouldn't surprize me at all if he were just goofing.

Gonna dig through some stuff and see if I can find the quote. You're absolutely right, Ev. Plant is a master at yanking the chain.

• 2 years later...

Archived