Wolverhampton Group Scene of the 60s

:thumbsup: That's great Ev - many thanks for posting!!!! Somehow I don't remember seeing it on the old board. Wonderful read and interesting to see the development of the Wolverhampton scene that way as well as getting a better idea of what was happening then and such. Cheers :beer:

Really interesting stuff. I haven't finished reading it all yet, but I particularly liked this quote from George Maddocks:

"I pulled Robert Plant and the Band of Joy off the stage one night because I thought he was awful. I remember telling him that there was no way he would make it with that sound. That must be one of the greatest mistakes of all time. He actually pulled the aerial off my car that night because he was so incensed."

And this one from Graham Corns:

"In my experience the noisiest group we had at the Park Hall was definitely the Band of Joy. Robert Plant had to be warned a couple of times for the level of sound.

Imagine telling the future lead singer of Led Zeppelin to keep it down."

Evster , as I live in Wolverhampton I have seen this before , my best mates dad is ,was and ever shall be "Danny Cannon", lead singer of Danny and the Ramrods and Herbies people they feature in the two pages of "Jimi Hendrix bought my cooker"

Anything that puts Wolverhampton on the map has gorra be good.

cheers for the post

Andy

Archived