Moonmaid Might Get Loud

Moonmaid

The film ended and I stood up hoping to catch a glimpse of Jimmy leaving, but he didn't. Instead, and before I could get the camera ready, he walked right in front of me in the aisle to get to the front of the theater for the Q and A segment. My experience of him walking by me is exactly like those slow motion moments they describe in movies and it's the only time I've ever felt like that. I couldn't process in my mind that he was inches from me!

Oh my god, that is so cool, Moonmaid. I am so happy for you. The part about Ross is hilarious. I have to say, I really don't dig that guy at all. His comment about fans screaming out "jimmy" was too much. I mean, really, his claim to fame is running after 'jimmy'. Anyway, enough of him!

But, the really uncanny part is that when I saw Jimmy in Toronto coming out of the limo onto the red carpet, and I swear this is true and I tell everyone (they think I'm nuts), it was just like you said 'slow motion' and I could feel the earth move beneath his steps. Unbelievable, but absolulely the truth. Wow, you must still be in heaven. It'll be that way for a few weeks, at least.

Thanks for sharing.

This was an awesome read and a great story! :yay:

I totaly adore the "silly groupie" thing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I would probably either faint or I would be standing there like a nincompoop and couldn´t move! :faint1:

I would bet that this was one unforgetable evening which never will fade away! :hurrah:

Oh my god, that is so cool, Moonmaid. I am so happy for you. The part about Ross is hilarious. I have to say, I really don't dig that guy at all. His comment about fans screaming out "jimmy" was too much. I mean, really, his claim to fame is running after 'jimmy'. Anyway, enough of him!

But, the really uncanny part is that when I saw Jimmy in Toronto coming out of the limo onto the red carpet, and I swear this is true and I tell everyone (they think I'm nuts), it was just like you said 'slow motion' and I could feel the earth move beneath his steps. Unbelievable, but absolulely the truth. Wow, you must still be in heaven. It'll be that way for a few weeks, at least.

Thanks for sharing.

This is the evidence, that he is a true magician and nobody can resist to his magick :wizard::)

Wow, everybody already said it... Looking forward to your report! Lucky you! I'm sure I will never get that close ^^

Neither will I... or do you think, that Jimmy will visit such a dwarf country like Czech republic? I don´t... :boohoo::boohoo: :boohoo:

as I could feel Ross Halfin burning hatred into my soul. Seriously, that guy knows how to mad-dog a girl. I got the shot, I wasn't too close to Jimmy to be feared, and I went back to my seat very quickly. What's Halfin's problem? And by the way, his fake and bake tan and dyed hair look stupid, but I digress.

:lol: Your Halfin description is hilarious. Your photo was awesome and loved reading about your night. Completely ENVIOUS!

:D

Wow Moonmaid, that was a really great story, and a great photo!! What an amazing evening you must have had (and I just love the part about the "Jimmy button" - now that is hilarious!!) And yes, please let us know whenever you are able to upload the videos, because I can't wait to see them. An amazing experience that you will definitely remember for the rest of your life!

Missed your due back in 1998?

Oh and what was in 1998? :o :o :o

Jimmy was here? :o

But I didn´t know him yet back then... I knew that there was some Jimmy Page playing with Led Zeppelin but this was all- what a pitty!

Oh and what was in 1998? :o :o :o

Jimmy was here? :o

But I didn´t know him yet back then... I knew that there was some Jimmy Page playing with Led Zeppelin but this was all- what a pitty!

Page/Plant (oh well, pretend the name Plant is not there) second European Tour.

1998.02.25 Prague, Czech Republic - Mala Sprtovini Hala

Then again in 1998, the fourth European Tour

1998.11.17, Prague, Czech Republic - Sports Hall

What do you mean with "Jimmy Page playing with Led Zeppelin"? Led Zeppelin never played in Czech(and I think it was Czechoslovakia back then?).

Page/Plant (oh well, pretend the name Plant is not there) second European Tour.

1998.02.25 Prague, Czech Republic - Mala Sprtovini Hala

Then again in 1998, the fourth European Tour

1998.11.17, Prague, Czech Republic - Sports Hall

What do you mean with "Jimmy Page playing with Led Zeppelin"? Led Zeppelin never played in Czech(and I think it was Czechoslovakia back then?).

Oh, this is my bad English! :lol:

Of course they didn´t play in Czechoslovakia- this was impossible. I wanted to say, that I knew that Jimmy Page exists and that he was playing with Led Zeppelin. I knew it back then, because he was welknown in our country and I had their first album in 1981. Though they didn´t play in our country the people in Czechoslovakia knew them and they loved them.

Oh no... so I missed him! I didn´t know it, because in 1998 I wasn´t such a great LZ maniac yet. ;)

Thank you very much for the informations! :)

Well, Moonmaid, all I can say is that I'm really disappointed you didn't give Jimmy my message, I think you could have tried a bit harder, even if Halfin was breathing down your neck. :angry:

J/k--glad you had such a wonderful evening, and your pic is terrific. B) Glad to hear the movie is as great as I'm hoping it will be, too (when I finally get to see it, in about 2011 :lol:).

Thanks for the kind words regarding the photo and thank you to everyone who calmed my nerves beforehand. It was your good vibes that made it happen.

The report of the night is as follows:

I met my boyfriend at the theater around 6pm. We found the line for ticket holders and I discovered that not a lot of people bought tickets before the night. We were eleventh and twelfth in line. The "standby" line to buy tickets was quite long.

They had us enter the theater before the cast showed up and walked the carpet. We asked if we could come back out but we weren't allowed. So, we were already inside when all those Getty Pics were taken.

The theater wasn't big and they closed off the entire middle section except for the first few rows. We sat off to the left side of the theater. This is the side Jimmy and Jack entered. I saw Jimmy's hair first and leapt out of my seat. I have a bad bruise on my leg from when I smacked into the arm rest of my seat (my boyfriend calls it "the Jimmy button" and presses it to remind me what a silly groupie I was last night..). I waited for him to sit down (which was towards the back, close to the aisle) then made my approach. He was surrounded by fans, friends, and security guards. I found an opening in the entourage and leaned in for the shot. This was not easy as I could feel Ross Halfin burning hatred into my soul. Seriously, that guy knows how to mad-dog a girl. I got the shot, I wasn't too close to Jimmy to be feared, and I went back to my seat very quickly. What's Halfin's problem? And by the way, his fake and bake tan and dyed hair look stupid, but I digress.

I watched the movie in bliss. Seeing Jimmy so big on the screen was magical. And I was rocking out the whole time. Bopping my head, tapping my feat, swaying to the sounds. The film really moves you like that!

The film ended and I stood up hoping to catch a glimpse of Jimmy leaving, but he didn't. Instead, and before I could get the camera ready, he walked right in front of me in the aisle to get to the front of the theater for the Q and A segment. My experience of him walking by me is exactly like those slow motion moments they describe in movies and it's the only time I've ever felt like that. I couldn't process in my mind that he was inches from me!

My boyfriend and I filmed Jimmy and Jack's segments of the Q and A and as soon as we can figure out how, we'll post the footage-probably on youtube.

That's all I can think to tell for now. I let you know when the footage is up.

You're so lucky! I'm so jealous! :)

Thanks for the kind words regarding the photo and thank you to everyone who calmed my nerves beforehand. It was your good vibes that made it happen.

My boyfriend and I filmed Jimmy and Jack's segments of the Q and A and as soon as we can figure out how, we'll post the footage-probably on youtube.

That's all I can think to tell for now. I let you know when the footage is up.

...MoonMaid, thank you for your hard work....You have already entertained us so much, and the REEL movie is yet to come.....

I am very appreciative of you...it would be difficult to stay dignified in such busy circumstances...I am not very comfortable with this Ross piece here....brave of you that you didn't let this ruin your true moment....(and I will say, I have no desire to meet him whatsoever....but really this is enough of him..(I have stopped reading his diary), Jimmy needs to expand his circle now professionally speaking...I do respect Jimmy's discretion for friendship with Ross as he wishes...but I would like to read something different now....

anyway, looking forward to your very dedicated contribution.......... :D :D

Hi all!

Thank you for the wonderful thoughts. I hope you guys know, you were all in my thoughts that night. In fact, I don't think I would have tried so hard for the picture if it wasn't for you guys. I don't have anyone in my life that I can share these kinds of experiences with. My boyfriend, although being sweetly tolerant last night, doesn't quite "get it." I feel very fortunate to know that I can get more than a "oh, that's nice" from this forum!

Hi all!

Thank you for the wonderful thoughts. I hope you guys know, you were all in my thoughts that night. In fact, I don't think I would have tried so hard for the picture if it wasn't for you guys. I don't have anyone in my life that I can share these kinds of experiences with. My boyfriend, although being sweetly tolerant last night, doesn't quite "get it." I feel very fortunate to know that I can get more than a "oh, that's nice" from this forum!

...it's Led Zep experience, and you are sharing with Led Zep fans....really, MoonMaid, music brings people closer together, it has no boundaries....

Oh, maybe, I will calm down about Ross H. Now...boy, that sure can get you at a place you don't want to be...I am sure you understand... ;) ;)

:D :D

...it's Led Zep experience, and you are sharing with Led Zep fans....really, MoonMaid, music brings people closer together, it has no boundaries....

Oh, maybe, I will calm down about Ross H. Now...boy, that sure can get you at a place you don't want to be...I am sure you understand... ;) ;)

:D :D

Yeah, well, there's a few people here I'm starting to know very personally and hearing good thoughts and cheer from them really means a lot. I don't think you and I have really "spoken" much, but I'm glad to know you now. :wave:

And regarding Ross, I don't know how to explain it, but having him be his idiosyncratic arsehole self made the evening perfect. Everything is as it is and always shall be, and for a moment, I was included in how it should be. And if anyone else can understand that sentence, I owe you one of these... :beer:

Yeah, well, there's a few people here I'm starting to know very personally and hearing good thoughts and cheer from them really means a lot. I don't think you and I have really "spoken" much, but I'm glad to know you now. :wave:

And regarding Ross, I don't know how to explain it, but having him be his idiosyncratic arsehole self made the evening perfect. Everything is as it is and always shall be, and for a moment, I was included in how it should be. And if anyone else can understand that sentence, I owe you one of these... :beer:

I guess the Vicodin is kicking in.

....Hello Miss "M", I should say...I totally understand, and your journal entry has captured this historic moment perfectly....the beauty, the madness, the whole thing....this moment will be immortalized in time...just like Miss "P"'s :D :D

:cheer: :cheer: Moonmaid how wonderful for you!!! So happy you had such a special evening. Thanks for sharing that and the pics with us. Look forward to seeing the video footage you took. Take care of the bruise :console: though it was well worth it I should say ;):D

Wow Moonmaid!

I bet you are still on cloud nine!

I think I would faint if Jimmy walked past me like that. I would have tried to say "Hi" to him, but I bet the words wouldn't come out of my mouth, lol.

What a great evening!

I can't wait to see the movie. I am glad that you liked it, but I had no doubt that it would be great with Jimmy in it.

And that is so funny about Ross. Just doing his job as Jimmy's protector and guard dog. :lol:

As I have said before, I am glad that Jimmy has him as a friend as I do feel that he has Jimmy's best interest at heart, even though it keeps Jimmy from his fans who adore and love him. You never know, one of them could be another Mark David Chapman.

Edited to say: Loved the photos. Thank you for posting them.

hi moonmaid

so happy for you! i just knew you would get to see him, one way or another!

and don't worry about being overly enthusiastic with your descriptions, there isn't one ( well, not many ) person on here that wouldn't have loved to be you last night, guys included!

we are zep fans, which means, WE GET IT!

again, i am so very happy for you.

but why didn't he come to our sydney premier???

can't wait to see the vids.

xo

Vids are here!

My boyfriend filmed this. It's mostly Jack. Apologies for it cutting out.

I filmed this. The videography is terrible. :bagoverhead: But the good news is you get to hear my giggles and "Woo!" ;)

Moonmaid-

I'm glad you had the experience and shared it with us here. I feel like I have a very slight connection with Jimmy Page now. If I had been there I would have been paralyzed and speechless. You described the sensation of time slowing down - it must have been an amazing moment.

Moonmaid-

I'm glad you had the experience and shared it with us here. I feel like I have a very slight connection with Jimmy Page now. If I had been there I would have been paralyzed and speechless. You described the sensation of time slowing down - it must have been an amazing moment.

Thank you Janet...now go watch the vids! :D

And Slave to Zep...it happened and I think you being in the world helped. :kiss:

One more thing. I seem to be getting credit for this photo:

15plctk.jpg

To clarify, Zepp-4-Life took this at the Toronto Film Festival last year. For me, it was the gold standard for recent fan-taken photos. I really want him to have the credit.

Archived