Photos from 06-19-09 LA

Cat

Really? I think he is ok. Sure he does look pale, but he seems to be strong enough to carry on with THREE bands and a lot of other things going.

Well I figured he must not actually be dying. He sure does look like it sometimes, though!

Well I figured he must not actually be dying. He sure does look like it sometimes, though!

I got what you were saying. Like Kentuckygirl said, I thought he looked almost like a vampire.

When I saw his photos this morning I was like: Geez, how long has this guy been living in the dark?

On the other hand, it's a nice surprise to see Jimmy tanned, I don't remember seeing him tanned very often. :unsure:

I got what you were saying. Like Kentuckygirl said, I thought he looked almost like a vampire.

When I saw his photos this morning I was like: Geez, how long has this guy been living in the dark?

On the other hand, it's a nice surprise to see Jimmy tanned, I don't remember seeing him tanned very often. :unsure:

Jack must wear makeup- surely if he's out and about as much as he is, he must be exposed to the sun at least a little bit! :lol:

And yeah Jimmy's tan. I can't tell if that ages him or not though? It kind of makes his white hair even whiter. But not that it matters, he looks fantastic!

There is nothing I would like better than to see some sort of Jimmy Page/Jack White collaboration, however at the moment Jack White is arguably the busiest man in Nashville. He is maintaining three bands and touring with the most recent (Dead Weather), he has opened a new building in Nashville that houses a recording studio, performance area and a retail store (yes, supposedly you can shop at Jack White's music store but I have not been out there yet), he is a farmer of sorts and maintains a working farm, and he recently hosted Meg's wedding. So I fully expect him to open an event hosting service. :lol: He is also working with some Bluegrass artists and he has recorded with Ricky Skaggs and Ashley Monroe..

That must be why Jack White is so pale. You have to go out in the daytime to get tan. excitement abounds!

Jack actually has had all sorts of health problems--back, bronchitis, throat, etc. etc.--which ironically were what led to the creation of the Dead Weather, as he had to have Alison Mosshart step in on vocals on a few gigs for him (the Kills were the supporting act). That went really well, he thought aha!, and so a new band was born. So even when he's not well it doesn't seem to slow him down. :D

Great pics of him and that other guy, thanks for posting!

Jack actually has had all sorts of health problems--back, bronchitis, throat, etc. etc.--which ironically were what led to the creation of the Dead Weather, as he had to have Alison Mosshart step in on vocals on a few gigs for him (the Kills were the supporting act). That went really well, he thought aha!, and so a new band was born. So even when he's not well it doesn't seem to slow him down. :D

:o Didn't know that at all, thanks Aqua for the infos.

I didn't know all of that either. Its amazing how much he does do then! When I saw the Raconteurs they played for so loud and so long (as I remember)... dunno how someone could do it even without health problems!

I didn't know all of that either. Its amazing how much he does do then! When I saw the Raconteurs they played for so loud and so long (as I remember)... dunno how someone could do it even without health problems!

I know, he's amazingly productive in so many different ways. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Dead Weather next month!!

I know, he's amazingly productive in so many different ways. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Dead Weather next month!!

That should be good! I haven't heard any of their stuff, do they have an album out yet? I asked my friend who's a Jack White fan if he'd heard about the new band and he said, "Yeah but they suck!" :huh:

They're playing a club in Toronto on July 22. Even if they do "suck" I would still love to see Jack again!

That should be good! I haven't heard any of their stuff, do they have an album out yet? I asked my friend who's a Jack White fan if he'd heard about the new band and he said, "Yeah but they suck!" :huh:

They're playing a club in Toronto on July 22. Even if they do "suck" I would still love to see Jack again!

Dead Weather did a private show here is Nashville in Jack's new building, and the reviews were really mixed. I talked to people that really loved the new band/concept and I also talked to people that really didn't like it. I am going to catch their official show at Nashville City Auditorium and make up my own mind. :)

Their album's due out next month, but there are a few tracks you can download from iTunes. I love them, personally, and am expecting the live band to be terrific, too, though we shall see. Alison sings a lot like Jack, and they do some duets, plus I actually think he's a great drummer. Too bad he can't do that and play guitar at the same time, but I expect he's working on it! :D

Their album's due out next month, but there are a few tracks you can download from iTunes. I love them, personally, and am expecting the live band to be terrific, too, though we shall see. Alison sings a lot like Jack, and they do some duets, plus I actually think he's a great drummer. Too bad he can't do that and play guitar at the same time, but I expect he's working on it! :D

I would pay good money to see him do that :D

I didn't know he had all sorts of health problems either.

Check this out:

"The third coming of Jack White

The debut performance on ftblive.com will also be the first UK gig from Jack White’s new band The Dead Weather. The band features Alison Mosshart of The Kills, Dean Fertita of Queens of the Stone Age, and Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs. Together they’ll be showcasing the menacing sound of their album Horehound which is released in the UK on July 13th.

Their live set will go out, online and as it happens, on 22nd June 2009 at 9.00pm.

In the run up to the gig, the From The Basement team will be posting backstage content online, as it happens. So to find out more, listen to exclusive interviews, or just sign up for a reminder, visit www.ftblive.com"

http://www.ftblive.com/

Since that is 9PM UK time on 6/22/09 what time would that be in the US?

Check this out:

"The third coming of Jack White

The debut performance on ftblive.com will also be the first UK gig from Jack White’s new band The Dead Weather. The band features Alison Mosshart of The Kills, Dean Fertita of Queens of the Stone Age, and Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs. Together they’ll be showcasing the menacing sound of their album Horehound which is released in the UK on July 13th.

Their live set will go out, online and as it happens, on 22nd June 2009 at 9.00pm.

In the run up to the gig, the From The Basement team will be posting backstage content online, as it happens. So to find out more, listen to exclusive interviews, or just sign up for a reminder, visit www.ftblive.com"

http://www.ftblive.com/

Since that is 9PM UK time on 6/22/09 what time would that be in the US?

Depends on where you are in the US. 4pm Eastern Standard, 3pm Central, 2pm Mountain, 1pm Pacific.

For some reason, the album isn't released here until the 14th.

Thanks for the post, btw--I've been getting updates on their activities at least once a day from both the Dead Weather site and the White Stripes site, so I should have posted that before!

I kinda like Jack's hair.

And a friend of mine once said Jack would make a decent young Severus Snape. :D

LOL!! That's perfect!! I had already been thinking that he looks like some kinda character that Johnny Depp would play in one of his Tim Burton type movies. :D

Sharon

I saw him out shopping one evening and he really does look like a vampire. As a matter of fact that was my gut reaction until I slowly realized who he was. For a minute I thought vampires are real and here in Nashville. :lol: He is obviously healthy and clearly a workaholic.

haha, you know, in The Dead Weather his bass drum has the brides of dracula on it. Suspicious!

LOL!! That's perfect!! I had already been thinking that he looks like some kinda character that Johnny Depp would play in one of his Tim Burton type movies. :D

Sharon

Yep, to me he looks exactly like a young Johnny Depp, not Alan Rickman (I wish I could see a young Alan Rickman playing young Snape, dreams, dreams) :D

Jack looks cool and has smiling eyes which rule out any concerns about his life, health, or sanity ;) I like him, though I don't know much about his music yet.

Archived