pink floyd and led zeppelin

led zeppelin and pink floyd are arguably the two biggest bands of the seventies and ive always wondered if they ever met or hungout. anybody know? thanks

Edited by buster
Indeed, Glicine

Roy Harper did sing "Have a cigar" on the "Wish you were here" album.

Yes. And of course Hats of to (Roy) Harper was on Zeppelin III. And Harper used to follow the band on tour. Jimmy Page also played on both his Stormcock album in 1971, and Jugula in 1984. There's more, but those are some touchpoints.

I am sure Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd were "friends", to what extent I have no idea. However, as someone mentioned Roy Harper was friends with both bands. So I am sure they had some sort of connection through Roy. I have read that John Paul Jones played a free concert at Londons Hyde Park in 1974 with Roy Harper, David Gilmour and a drummer named Steve Broughton. So that at least puts Jonesy on stage with a member of Pink Floyd. I wish I knew more about this topic.

They both played the Bath Festival in 1970; although Floyd played the 27th and Zep did the 28th June.

Whaddaya know, that means I've "seen" Pink Floyd (though I expect I couldn't actually see any more of them than I could Zep). I didn't remember that at all--had to go and look it up, but you're right--at least, they're in the programme. Man, that was a long time ago!

Whaddaya know, that means I've "seen" Pink Floyd (though I expect I couldn't actually see any more of them than I could Zep). I didn't remember that at all--had to go and look it up, but you're right--at least, they're in the programme. Man, that was a long time ago!

I am not green with envy. Nope, not at all....

<_<

Maybe others here can confirm, but wasn't Robert Plant renting the house on the Greek island of Rhodes from Roger Waters when Plant had the terrible car crash in 1975?

Indirectly, I remember Page stating in an interview back in the day, (paraphrasing), "We're similar to Floyd that we like to go off into our own little tangents/worlds."

Edited by dpat
  • 2 weeks later...