Question about Jimmy Page "It Might Get Loud"

stacilayne

That's one thing I'm kicking myself over. I told myself to try to gauge his height, but when he unexpectedly walked past me, I was so "dazed and confused" I had no concept of height! But seeing him up with Jack put perspective on the subject. Shorter than Jack, but not embarrassingly so. Taller than Davis.

don't get me wrong...he is tall. I guess my view of someone "tall" = taller than me. :lol: :lol:

Staci Layne--

I can't thank you enough for coming on these boards and posting all this. This was wonderful!! :) I would have never seen this otherwise, I am sure. Thank you so much..and please conitnue posting more goodies! :)

Just wishing I was you when you were doing those interviews.... :D

Sharon

Jimmy didn't seem that tall to me...I'm tall (5'11.5) but then again I was sitting so.....:lol:

Pardon me for asking... I'm completely out of touch here :rolleyes: But Jimmy seems to be shorter than Robert, is he?... Or may be more slender, which left the impression he was shorter.... Hm...

Pardon me for asking... I'm completely out of touch here :rolleyes: But Jimmy seems to be shorter than Robert, is he?... Or may be more slender, which left the impression he was shorter.... Hm...

Yes, Robert is taller.

Hi, and thanks again. Jimmy was really sweet. Jack is not a big smiler, but I got a good vibe from him too. It's really rare for me to be able to interview musicians, especially my favorite ones! It's usually people like (last night) Michael Bay, Megan Fox, and Shia LeBeouf. It's just such a bummer they only gave me two minutes to talk to three people. At least I got a cool photo just me, though: as a "fan-girl".

Here is a photo of the necklace I mentioned in my MySpace blog (http://www.staciwilson.com/blog.html). The one I didn't dare wear to the interview. I was there as a professonal, after all, and not as a fan (as far as they knew, anyway!). I love this necklace, and I've had it for so long... I was wondering anybody still makes it? I can't even remember where I bought it. (It was mail order, though.) I also have the Robert Plant symbol, which I actually had custom-made.

Anyway, whenever I wear the ZOSO necklace to junkets to interview actors, most don't say anything... but some ask what it is, and others know exactly what it is and comment appreciatively! I was most impressed by Naveen Andrews from Lost, because while most will say, "Oh, Led Zeppelin," he nailed it with, "Wow... Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page symbol!"

As for the other topic, I'd guess Jimmy is about 5'11 and Robert Plant is 6'2". I'm 5'2" so they're both tall to me!

Staci

Staci - meeting Jimmy Page, Jack White and Megan Fox in the space of a few days! You're living the dream, girl. Thanks for sharing.

Staci and anyone else who attended the L.A. Film Festival: were you able to catch a screening of "When You're Strange"? It's a new documentary on The Doors, narrated by one Johnny Depp. It sounds amazing.

Since this site doesn't seem to update its news (maybe I am missing something...?), I hope it's OK to post my question in the forums. I don't want to seem like I'm spamming. That's absolutely not my objective; I'm just hoping a few fans will like to see my recent interview with Jimmy Page.

I'm lucky enough to have had my professional life and personal loves converge when, as a big fan of both Jimmy Page and Jack White, I got to cover the movie as a reporter last Friday at the press day and premiere.

I did a blog about meeting Jimmy and Jack with a bunch of pictures

http://blogs.myspace.com/staciwilson

direct link to that blog is:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=495992082

Pretty soon my 1:1 interviews with them, plus more interviews from the red carpet, will be on TV-Wire.tv's YouTube Channel. Also: sometime tomorrow Buzzine magazine online will be featuring my written report on interviewing Jimmy, Jack, and Davis Guggenheim as well as exclusive pictures from the red carpet.

Since the forums at least to be updated a lot, I was wondering if the community might consider it "newsworthy" enough to allow me to post links to my interviews or/and blog when they're updated?

Also, would you suggest any other outlets of interest? This is really a rare thing to see, and as the date of release for the movie approaches, I'll keep updating and giving out more details. I will probably review the movie as well, which I saw (and liked).

Thank you very much.

Best,

Staci Layne Wilson

Wow. That was amazing. I'm speechless. How cool is that to meet these guys, right?

Best of luck and continued success in doing something you obviously love.....

Wow. That was amazing. I'm speechless. How cool is that to meet these guys, right?

Best of luck and continued success in doing something you obviously love.....

Thanks... thanks to all here. This seems to be a very laid-back, non-flaming board group. I hope I've answered everyone. I am usually on my iPhone, so it's kind of hard to navigate all the topics. I'll try and stay afloat!

Staci Layne

Hi, and thanks again. Jimmy was really sweet. Jack is not a big smiler, but I got a good vibe from him too. It's really rare for me to be able to interview musicians, especially my favorite ones! It's usually people like (last night) Michael Bay, Megan Fox, and Shia LeBeouf. It's just such a bummer they only gave me two minutes to talk to three people. At least I got a cool photo just me, though: as a "fan-girl".

Here is a photo of the necklace I mentioned in my MySpace blog (http://www.staciwilson.com/blog.html). The one I didn't dare wear to the interview. I was there as a professonal, after all, and not as a fan (as far as they knew, anyway!). I love this necklace, and I've had it for so long... I was wondering anybody still makes it? I can't even remember where I bought it. (It was mail order, though.) I also have the Robert Plant symbol, which I actually had custom-made.

Anyway, whenever I wear the ZOSO necklace to junkets to interview actors, most don't say anything... but some ask what it is, and others know exactly what it is and comment appreciatively! I was most impressed by Naveen Andrews from Lost, because while most will say, "Oh, Led Zeppelin," he nailed it with, "Wow... Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page symbol!"

As for the other topic, I'd guess Jimmy is about 5'11 and Robert Plant is 6'2". I'm 5'2" so they're both tall to me!

Staci

Aha! I knew there must be another reason why Naveen Andrews (Sayid) is my favorite from LOST. Besides the obvious :yesnod::drool::wub: Is his interview also on your blog?

244andrewsnaveen091906.jpg

I know. Naveen Andrews is super cool! And nah... nothing to prove it. That interview was for Grindhouse and the video editors always cut out the "conversational" stuff before the actual interview begins. So, nothing of him on record saying that. Another actor I remember really liking the necklace was Cary Elwes. And when I wore it to my interview with Jack Black, I thought for sure he'd say something, but he didn't mention it. He seemed a bit... um, dazed that day (it was for Be Kind Rewind). The Star Trek guys, Chris Pine and Zach Quito were opposite. Pine asked what it was, and Quinto told him. Also, I'll bet a lot of people know what it is, and just don't say anything.

Anyway, everyone who knows me knows it's my "signature" necklace and when I'm not wearing it, they'll ask!

Staci

Very nice, you are very lucky to have had the opportunity and did a fine job considering time constraints. I can't wait to see this film since it has 3 of my favorite guitarists in it!

Very nice, you are very lucky to have had the opportunity and did a fine job considering time constraints. I can't wait to see this film since it has 3 of my favorite guitarists in it!

You'll definitely love the movie, then. It's a good balance of them talking, and playing their instruments.

Staci

Archived