Since Elvis had such an influence on Jimmy & Robert

Deborah J

They could have covered any of his songs and did a great job IMO. I loved hearing Robert sing "Can't Help Falling In Love" at the Arthur Lee benefit :)

Ah, I have that song too from a performace of him on an italian radio programme.

Ah, I have that song too from a performace of him on an italian radio programme.

Was that from 1993? Someone sent me a compilation of radio performances from Italy but the disc is all messed up. Great version if it's the same one.

They could have covered any of his songs and did a great job IMO. I loved hearing Robert sing "Can't Help Falling In Love" at the Arthur Lee benefit :)

Wow I saw him do that at the Beacon concert in honor of Arthur Lee in NYC. He was truly amazing! It was a hot, humid and rainy June night. As I exited the theatre, at the end of such an enjoyable evening, I recall his wonderful face, demeanor and all while he was singing it! (very tender) :D

PS: I had great seats--9 rows from the stage. Before the concert started, I arrived a little early (5 min.) and had the opportunity to check out the equipment--speakers, monitors, the roadies adjusting everything, etc. I couldn't help but imagine what it was like awaiting the Mighty Led Zeppelin's approaching the stage. (I've never seen them live) Needless to say, I had a very pleasant private reverie. ;)

Wow I saw him do that at the Beacon concert in honor of Arthur Lee in NYC. He was truly amazing! It was a hot, humid and rainy June night. As I exited the theatre, at the end of such an enjoyable evening, I recall his wonderful face, demeanor and all while he was singing it! (very tender) :D

I did too. Fantastic show :D

Was that from 1993? Someone sent me a compilation of radio performances from Italy but the disc is all messed up. Great version if it's the same one.

Yes, it was from 1993. I guess it's the same one as well.

And Fan S., wonderful that you had such an experience.

Yes, it was from 1993. I guess it's the same one as well.

And Fan S., wonderful that you had such an experience.

Thanks, glicine! Any time he comes to NYC, I see him. He's something else, as we all know! ;)

Didn't you love his cover of Nature Boy by Nat King Cole? Remember that song from the movie Moulin Rouge? Beautiful. :beer:

Yes I did - the whole thing was really quite something. I thought his set list was really fitting for the event.

Yes I did - the whole thing was really quite something. I thought his set list was really fitting for the event.

:yesnod: Say did he do Baby Babe I'm Gonna Leave You that night? Unless I'm confusing it with his excellent concert with Strange Sensation also at the Beacon the year before where he covered a bunch of Zeppelin tunes. Also, did he do Tall Cool One? Think I need my memory refreshed. haha. Just wanna keep all this goodness in a sort of a mental time capsule. ;)

:yesnod: Say did he do Baby I'm Gonna Leave You that night? Unless I'm confusing it with his excellent concert with Strange Sensation also at the Beacon the year before where he covered a bunch of Zeppelin tunes. Also, did he do Tall Cool One? Think I need my memory refreshed. haha. Just wanna keep all this goodness in a sort of a mental time capsule. ;)

No he didn't do either of those that night. He opened with In the Evening which was fantastic!

No he didn't do either of those that night. He opened with In the Evening which was fantastic!

Oh, okay, thanks, ninelives! I had many beers that night. It was easy to walk up the aisle to the bar to get refills. Lots of fun! (subway home that night) ;):beer:

I think Heartbreak Hotel would have been phenomenal. Can you imagine what this would have sounded like? I still LOVE Elvis.

Sorry if this was ever posted before...

...that would be perfect choice...and for some fun and creativity, I would also like see Jimmy and and Robert sing Girls, Girls....... :wub::D :D (both versions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqPI7XKPvxo...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73fml4chME...feature=related

:wub: :wub: :D :D :D

...that would be perfect choice...and for some fun and creativity, I would also like see Jimmy and and Robert sing Girls, Girls....... :wub::D :D (both versions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqPI7XKPvxo...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d73fml4chME...feature=related

:wub: :wub: :D :D :D

So true..that would have been fun. I still thinks it's great that they looked up to Elvis. Just as there will never be another LZ, there will never be another Elvis:-)

Archived