A big project?

glicine

Well to me it suggests a musical project, but I'm pretty sure Jimmy is more than capable of working on something that DOESN'T involve Led Zeppelin.

I hope it sees the light of day whatever it is. :)

Of course he is capable of working one something else, but he doesn't want to. LZ was his baby he wants to keep the legacy going.

Well to me it suggests a musical project, but I'm pretty sure Jimmy is more than capable of working on something that DOESN'T involve Led Zeppelin.

I see that too, since he was talking about "new music", again.

And Steve Sauer The Lemon has dicussed this as well, his update here is very interesting.

He told a WalesOnline reporter on Friday, "I'm taking a little bit of time off and then getting back into work thoroughly around December time and into the New Year."

Hopefully, it could take shape as his next solo album. With guest singers and other musicians. A bit like the Slash solo album which is being recorded at the moment.

And which is going muuuuuuch slowlier than he had expected.

But I'm happy to know that Izzy will probably make a guest appearance.

That's the way it came across to me...new music. Fingers crossed.

But he has the look of someone who intends to work again. He's been keeping his profile raised and looks fit and keen.

He's taking a bit of time off and getting back into working around December and into the New Year?? What's he been working on so hard that he needs to take six months off before getting started again? :huh: Just when I think he might be doing something, it's back to the old "oh, I'm working on it, it'll be out soon" . . . :P

Yeah he told my mate and I about it at Plant's Hammersmith Odeon show (the one where he joined him onstage). He was very enthusiastic about them being able to breathe through their noses whilst playing at the same time. Robert also mentioned around that time that Jimmy was working with musicians none of us would ever have heard of - I read a reference to that recently on this forum but can't remember which thread.

Yeah he told my mate and I about it at Plant's Hammersmith Odeon show (the one where he joined him onstage). He was very enthusiastic about them being able to breathe through their noses whilst playing at the same time. Robert also mentioned around that time that Jimmy was working with musicians none of us would ever have heard of - I read a reference to that recently on this forum but can't remember which thread.

Wow, that's really interesting!

Getting back to the topic, my opinion is that Page has had some stuff ready to go for a while based on his interviews over the last 4 years or so. It's quite possible the Zeppelin reunion is directly or indirectly the reason we haven't heard any of it yet. Remember, Robert more or less approached Jimmy about the O2 show (if I'm not mistaken) after Ahmet's wife approached him. I doubt Jimmy was expecting to spend the better part of 2007 rehearsing for a full fledged Zeppelin show.

It's evident in his comments that Page is very confident in the stuff he's written, and some have speculated that he wanted to save it for Plant, Jones, and Jason after their show. Obviously that's not in the cards so perhaps he's now back to square one; doing it himself.

Again, just my opinion...

Of course he is capable of working one something else, but he doesn't want to. LZ was his baby he wants to keep the legacy going.

Kind of speaking in absolutes there aren't we? I mean you can't really know for sure. Sure Zeppelin's his baby, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any interests outside of that. Otherwise someone needs to tell him his legacy has all the momentum it needs. Certainly Ross is getting his share of free dinners. ;)

Personally I hope it's NOT an 02 DVD. I mean I have the Third Eye, but even if he gave it all the killer sound and gloss, I'd rather have something new. Don't get me wrong. I'd love an "official" 02, but that wouldn't be at the top of my list.

I'd much rather have Jimmy forging ahead than collecting and consolidating. If you get my meaning.

Sure, I'd love more Zeppelin candy. Live shows. Whatever. I say fine, give the tapes to Shirley. He knows what he's doing. Go get your gear out of cold storage, find some people, get 'em in the room, and get back Joe Joe. :D

Sure, I'd love more Zeppelin candy. Live shows. Whatever. I say fine, give the tapes to Shirley. He knows what he's doing. Go get your gear out of cold storage, find some people, get 'em in the room, and get back Joe Joe. :D

Funny, 'cause he has newly talked about his guitar collection being out of control, he has simply too many guitars and doesn't know what to do with them...

Funny, 'cause he has newly talked about his guitar collection being out of control, he has simply too many guitars and doesn't know what to do with them...

hi glicine. i read that today, and asked ( in another thread ) which guitar might he be talking about when he says it was owned by buddy holly and eddie cochran before he aquired it?

I wonder if he ever went back to the Morroccan pipe orchestra he was working with in 1983?

I was dying to hear that stuff.

Really? That would be really interesting. I had never heard of that before.

:shifty: Why not follow Robert's suit, sign a couple and let them be auctioned, or used somehow for charity purposes ;)

That's very cool - too bad nothing came of it as I think it would be quite interesting to hear.

Kind of speaking in absolutes there aren't we? I mean you can't really know for sure. Sure Zeppelin's his baby, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any interests outside of that. Otherwise someone needs to tell him his legacy has all the momentum it needs. Certainly Ross is getting his share of free dinners. ;)

Personally I hope it's NOT an 02 DVD. I mean I have the Third Eye, but even if he gave it all the killer sound and gloss, I'd rather have something new. Don't get me wrong. I'd love an "official" 02, but that wouldn't be at the top of my list.

I'd much rather have Jimmy forging ahead than collecting and consolidating. If you get my meaning.

I'm with you on that - I'd rather hear something new :yesnod:

I'm up for more new music first as well. Would love to hear something new from JP no matter what it is. Hopefully, this will come to be and we won't have to wait much longer and stop the anticipating and be let down. I don't want to predict anything yet. This has happened too many times already.

A Santana like album with big name guest stars most likely. A possible tour after the album release with a vocalist you'd never expect. The last new beginning.

...I hope "Big Name Guest Star" Santana, himself, is actually on the album...I think for Jimmy element of "friendship" is very important....nothing of competition, or pressure....just fun...and I think this is just fine, as long as he his making music........ :D

But he also alludes to having completed similar music in "I Might Get Loud"....I think he will introduce music generally familiar to the audience......... :D

Archived