A big project?

glicine

I'm sorry, I really doubt Jimmy has any big projects that involve a new collection of music he will follow thru with. I just don't think he cares to at this point in his life. It sounds nice to be optimistic about new music, reality is another thing.

My opinion.

You tend to post in absolutes, which imply you know something or think you do. Perhaps if you used phrases like "I'd like to see.." or "I'd expect.." or at least "IMO". ;)

I also found it funny that you said you didn't want to talk about it and that we should ask you again in 3 years. Took you 6 days to post back on the subject again. :lol:

No offense intended, just an observation. :beer:

I'm sorry, I really doubt Jimmy has any big projects that involve a new collection of music he will follow thru with. I just don't think he cares to at this point in his life. It sounds nice to be optimistic about new music, reality is another thing.

So you think his saying that he has it, and just needs to get in and do it is a ploy to sell more of what we already have? I mean, lying about new material to keep the world interested in the old? It just doesn't sound logical to me that he would do that. If so, it's kind of a pointless exercise. The Zeppelin legacy is secure. If that's not it, why would he say it?

Just curious as to your thoughts. B)

You tend to post in absolutes, which imply you know something or think you do. Perhaps if you used phrases like "I'd like to see.." or "I'd expect.." or at least "IMO". ;)

I also found it funny that you said you didn't want to talk about it and that we should ask you again in 3 years. Took you 6 days to post back on the subject again. :lol:

No offense intended, just an observation. :beer:

I did use the phrase "most likely" and "possible" which is hardly an absolute. Whatever "I think" I know I share. I was quoting Jimmy with the comment about not wanting to talk about the project. He said that, not me.

To further add to what I posted...I did follow up saying it's my opinion which pretty much makes your post kind of unnecessary. No offence. :)

I like you bro, you're obviously a good dude, but i am not on a mission to prove i know something someone else doesn't, or trying to be an authority of inside information, so we understand each other.

I did use the phrase "most likely" and "possible" which is hardly an absolute. Whatever "I think" I know I share. I was quoting Jimmy with the comment about not wanting to talk about the project. He said that, not me.

To further add to what I posted...I did follow up saying it's my opinion which pretty much makes your post kind of unnecessary. No offence. :)

I like you bro, you're obviously a good dude, but i am not on a mission to prove i know something someone else doesn't, or trying to be an authority of inside information, so we understand each other.

Y'know, upon re-reading your post, I do acknowledge the "most likely".

So have one on me bro! :beer:;)

So you think his saying that he has it, and just needs to get in and do it is a ploy to sell more of what we already have? I mean, lying about new material to keep the world interested in the old? It just doesn't sound logical to me that he would do that. If so, it's kind of a pointless exercise. The Zeppelin legacy is secure. If that's not it, why would he say it?

I kinda understand where zooma was coming from. Jimmy has been talking about "new music" and "new project", for how long? Several years. There were talks about his projects, "an album I have to get out of my system", "all really good stuff", and we've heard nothing yet and we still have to wait.

Not saying I totally agree with zooma, as I opened this thread and am thrilled by the fact that Jimmy himself has stated he is having something going on. But I can understand the tiredness of waiting.

Y'know, upon re-reading your post, I do acknowledge the "most likely".

So have one on me bro! :beer:;)

You know I said that to cover my ass just in case Jimmy changes his mind. :lol:

I'd gladly join you. And return the offer! :beer:

I think we'd have a blast together. Shame we don't live closer.

Evster, good to see you back on the board. My opinion is Jimmy has alot of good music left in him he just lacks the desire to see it through to completion. I don't think he wants to come out and say he is all but retired so he keeps optimistic in his public statements. I don't at all think he is trying to sell more Zeppelin albums by hinting about his future plans whatever they may be.

I kinda understand where zooma was coming from. Jimmy has been talking about "new music" and "new project", for how long? Several years. There were talks about his projects, "an album I have to get out of my system", "all really good stuff", and we've heard nothing yet and we still have to wait.

Not saying I totally agree with zooma, as I opened this thread and am thrilled by the fact that Jimmy himself has stated he is having something going on. But I can understand the tiredness of waiting.

Oh I TOTALLY get the impatience. ;) I get it REAL BAD! :lol:

I just see it like this:

He made the announcement about "new album out of my system" at the same time he said "some Zeppelin stuff". Then we got TSRTS remaster.

Then, when we would have presumed he'd be getting to the "new stuff", Robert got the call from Mrs. Ertegun and all things went to the back burner for the 02 reunion.

Then the whole idea of a tour occupied his mind, and he spent months in the studio with Jones and Bonham, subsequently looking for a singer when Robert declined. Then that fell apart.

Then we have It Might Get Loud, which he participated in, and has recently been supporting.

So barely 6 months into the year, reunion hopes behind him, IMGL out of the way and appearances made, he says he needs to get on with it.

I do however share our collective frustration that these projects and setbacks have kept said new material on the back burner so to speak for waaaay too long.

So, rose colored glasses notwithstanding, I remain hopeful. :)

Evster, good to see you back on the board. My opinion is Jimmy has alot of good music left in him he just lacks the desire to see it through to completion. I don't think he wants to come out and say he is all but retired so he keeps optimistic in his public statements. I don't at all think he is trying to sell more Zeppelin albums by hinting about his future plans whatever they may be.

Thanks for the welcome back!

My above reply to glicine should put my feelings in perspective.

Cheers and nice to see you too! :beer:

A collaboration with JPJ and JB could have been the perfect vehicle for Page to reemerge as a songwriter and guitarist if he was serious about it. When that fell through I really started to think that was the end for Jimmy as an artist.

...on the trail of hope, I go......perhaps new experimentation on next "Possible" venture...The Townsend Invitation Cancer Trust...(I'll bet they will make new music or write up drama script together, .......No?). :D :D

...on the trail of hope, I go......perhaps new experimentation on next "Possible" venture...The Townsend Invitation Cancer Trust...(I'll bet they will make new music or write up drama script together, .......No?). :D :D

Hopefully not En attendant Godot!!! :wacko:

Jimmy Page is not vital as a artist whatsoever and hasn't been for 30 YEARS! His contribution to music from his work in th e60's and early 70's is and always will be, but today he is just an old man living in the past. Big project? Not holding my breath because he is a filthy rich guy enjoying trotting around the globe and talking about the past. We'll see.

:rolleyes:

Jimmy Page is not vital as a artist whatsoever and hasn't been for 30 YEARS! His contribution to music from his work in th e60's and early 70's is and always will be, but today he is just an old man living in the past. Big project? Not holding my breath because he is a filthy rich guy enjoying trotting around the globe and talking about the past. We'll see.

Don't underestimate him.

Well that's an extremely negative point of view. I agree with ninelives: :rolleyes:

An "old man living in the past?" I don't think so!!! He wouldn't have participated in IMGL if was an "old man living in the past."

Why are you here? Seriously, Michael, is this really the place for you? I'm just sayin'...

Well that's an extremely negative point of view. I agree with ninelives: :rolleyes:

An "old man living in the past?" I don't think so!!! He wouldn't have participated in IMGL if was an "old man living in the past."

May I please add a :rolleyes: here?

Jimmy and his body of works are just as relevant today as they were back in the 70's.

Archived