Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
glicine

A big project?

Jimmy Page is not vital as a artist whatsoever and hasn't been for 30 YEARS! His contribution to music from his work in th e60's and early 70's is and always will be, but today he is just an old man living in the past. Big project? Not holding my breath because he is a filthy rich guy enjoying trotting around the globe and talking about the past. We'll see.

:wtf::blink::o

Jimmy Page is not vital as a artist whatsoever and hasn't been for 30 YEARS! His contribution to music from his work in th e60's and early 70's is and always will be, but today he is just an old man living in the past. Big project? Not holding my breath because he is a filthy rich guy enjoying trotting around the globe and talking about the past. We'll see.

Are Gigi said earlier, Why are you here??!!

Yeah he told my mate and I about it at Plant's Hammersmith Odeon show (the one where he joined him onstage). He was very enthusiastic about them being able to breathe through their noses whilst playing at the same time. Robert also mentioned around that time that Jimmy was working with musicians none of us would ever have heard of - I read a reference to that recently on this forum but can't remember which thread.

Ok, I just found a quote of Robert in NME, 1985. And I guess that might be what Knebby talked about.

“Maybe I am surprised, but maybe I also know that Jimmy’s intention of maintaining it as a permanent thing is not the case. I know he intends to record with the Joujouka tribesmen of North Morocco next, combined with some symphonic thing. He’s primarily a musician; I motivate and point my finger and create fuss amongst people.”

It is true that Jimmy has been talking for new solo material for quite a while now and none has surfaced however it's been busy in the Zeppelin camp.

Around the time Pink Floyd reunited David Gilmour was working on a solo album which had to be put back due to the Floyd reunion, I guess it's much the same.

Also, although we haven't heard any new material Jimmy's been pretty busy afterall during most of 2008 it seems JPJ, JP and Jason were in the studio preparing for a possible tour and possible new material [although nothing ever came of this], in 2008 there was also FooZep and the Olympic performance.

Now there's This Might Get Loud and who knows he may be looking at The O2 footage wondering what to do.

Just because Jimmy hasn't released new material or done any full on shows for a while doesn't mean he's just lying on the couch but hey even rockstars need a break now and again! :D

^^Agreed! While we don't know what Jimmy has up his sleeve (might be another Zeppelin live release for all we know), I can't imagine why he'd keep telling the press he's got something on the stove and not deliver. Sometimes you have to harvest when the fruit is ripe. Sometimes that requires waiting for the muse. Patience. My guess is he's regrouping. Or has regrouped.

The 02. The promise and effort to revamp the Led Zeppelin name for a tour, and subsequent seeing that fall apart (stop blaming Robert everyone), the It Might Get Loud project and subsequent appearances in support of...He really has been quite busy. But seeing as Jonesy is doing his thing with Them Crooked Crowes, Robert signing on for another stint with Alison Krauss, and Jason revamping AirRace, it would seem Jimmy's left to his own devices once again.

Dreams of Zeppelin 2.0 quashed, he can now get on with it. We just have to consider that he had a plan, and it blew up. So he has to restructure his design to leave out ex-Zeppelin members. Can't do that in a day or a few weeks. Not if you want to get it right. So we wait. :beer:

Hmm, I dunno, Ev. Seems like for years Jimmy's been telling the press he's got something due out any minute, for which we wait anxiously and fruitlessly for years . . . And I can't think that one-off projects like the Foos thing, or a few days filming for IMGL, has taken up that much of his time, even with the publicity appearances. Both Jack White and the Edge are managing to fit that around touring at the moment, for instance.

Guess I don't have as much patience as you, mate! :D

But really Aqua, he promised something new during an awards ceremony, and we got TSRTS revisited. So he did deliver on that promise. Then we got the 02. Then he spent months with Jonesy and Jason trying to get Zeppelin off the ground in 2008 to no avail. Now we have SIMGL. I can't compare Jimmy's work ethic with Edge's. I wouldn't want to. I'm steadfast in my belief that he's got something cooking. Whether he finds the proper format for it is the question, IMO. Of course, that's just my pie in the sky dream! :D

But really Aqua, he promised something new during an awards ceremony, and we got TSRTS revisited. So he did deliver on that promise. Then we got the 02. Then he spent months with Jonesy and Jason trying to get Zeppelin off the ground in 2008 to no avail. Now we have SIMGL. I can't compare Jimmy's work ethic with Edge's. I wouldn't want to. I'm steadfast in my belief that he's got something cooking. Whether he finds the proper format for it is the question, IMO. Of course, that's just my pie in the sky dream! :D

Well, I know we all hope you're right. ;) I'm just thinking that two or three years ago (in the interview with Jack White, ironically) he promised us a project of "all new music" which we haven't seen yet, and probably many people at the awards ceremony were thinking that by something new, he meant actually NEW rather than revisited. Then he wasn't even the impetus behind the O2--OK, I'll shut up, you know I want to hear him again as much as you do! :D

Well, I know we all hope you're right. ;) I'm just thinking that two or three years ago (in the interview with Jack White, ironically) he promised us a project of "all new music" which we haven't seen yet, and probably many people at the awards ceremony were thinking that by something new, he meant actually NEW rather than revisited. Then he wasn't even the impetus behind the O2--OK, I'll shut up, you know I want to hear him again as much as you do! :D

Just dug this out.

"Jimmy Page plans to record a new disc next year.'It's an album that I

need to get out of my system,' the ex-Led Zeppelin guitarist explains.

In addition, he says that 'there will be some Led Zeppelin things on the

horizon.'

Seems to me that he was talking about something new AND some zeppelin stuff.

Correct me if I am wrong. Don't all three members, as a courtesy to one another, not overlap projects with one another. After the O2, it was Robert with Allison. Now it is Jonesy with them Crooked Vultures. Jimmy mentioned that he wanted to start up after the first of the year, which should put him next in line?

Correct me if I am wrong. Don't all three members, as a courtesy to one another, not overlap projects with one another. After the O2, it was Robert with Allison. Now it is Jonesy with them Crooked Vultures. Jimmy mentioned that he wanted to start up after the first of the year, which should put him next in line?

Hmmm, hard to agree.

During the Robert/Alison period, JPJ was working with Sarah Watkins. It just didn't get as much attention as the Vultures.

No such convenient harmony exists unfortunately. Frustrations and disagreements lay at the core. It just hasn't worked out. It's not a grand plan.

And even if they did feel so courteous toward each other, the music business just doesn't work that way.

Whilst it's a nice thought, thinking that they may respect each other that much, I imagine it would be damn near impossible for each member to wait it out until it's 'their' time. Just as much as it is about making music, it's also about making money and record companies/artists can't/won't afford to be that polite.

Whilst it's a nice thought, thinking that they may respect each other that much, I imagine it would be damn near impossible for each member to wait it out until it's 'their' time. Just as much as it is about making music, it's also about making money and record companies/artists can't/won't afford to be that polite.

Let's just say the circus of lawyers and agents et al was a factor. "Have your people call my people" doesn't work for some people. Some would prefer to "keep it real" and said no.

Just off the top of my head, Robert's tours in the past several years have frequently overlapped with whatever JPJ's doing.

Back in '85, Robert was supporting Shaken and Stirred, while Jimmy was on the road with The Firm on their first tour. Or a bit in 1988 with RP's Now and Zen and JP's first solo tour for Outrider. But Jimmy's was mostly in the fall of that year while Robert' was a Spring/Summer thing.

Robert is the only one of them who has toured consistently. When the others have toured they have overlapped, sometimes playing the same venue within days of one another. If this is that compelling I could provide specifics, but the point is made.

Appreciate it

I think the RRHOF induction with Jeff Beck frustrated (myself) in a negative way more than ever. Instead of being happy to see Jimmy hanging with his buddy and having a nice night, I was totally PO'd that he did not take a solo during the jam. I realized later how silly that was. I can't speak for others, but I am starved to see Jimmy out and playing on a productive consistent basis. Now I feel it's coming, and of course, will be worth the wait. :D

I think the RRHOF induction with Jeff Beck frustrated (myself) in a negative way more than ever. Instead of being happy to see Jimmy hanging with his buddy and having a nice night, I was totally PO'd that he did not take a solo during the jam. I realized later how silly that was. I can't speak for others, but I am starved to see Jimmy out and playing on a productive consistent basis. Now I feel it's coming, and of course, will be worth the wait. :D

I think we're all starved to see Jimmy out playing :)