A big project?

glicine

• 2 months later...

Anyone has an idea what Mr. Halfin's newest diary is about? :rolleyes:

Just a wild guess on my part. I see the picture of Elvis in his army uniform next to the jukebox. Could Jimmy be bringing back his guitar army?

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm could be a book?

either an autogiography ( yes, i know he has said he wouldn't write one, but ....)

or maybe a photographic history of jimmy's career?

either/both would be great!

Hmmm, look back at my opening post, I'd thought it's a "musical" project...

Anyway, I've learned not to wait eagerly. And whatever Jimmy will give us, I'll take it as a nice bonus. B)

Anyway, I've learned not to wait eagerly. And whatever Jimmy will give us, I'll take it as a nice bonus. B)

yes, it could be musical. but i guess an autogiography or a photographic collection is still music related. anything involving mr page is music related!

Somehow it doesn't make sense to me that Ross would be working for 2 years with Jimmy on a musical project. I'd think Jimmy would work on it for 2 years and need Ross when it's time for a cover, etc.

Who knows...

Somehow it doesn't make sense to me that Ross would be working for 2 years with Jimmy on a musical project. I'd think Jimmy would work on it for 2 years and need Ross when it's time for a cover, etc.

Who knows...

Yes, but Ross seems to consider himself a part of the Jimmy 'entourage' and so whatever Jimmy's been up to for the past two years, Ross is part of that ... at least in Ross' mind ....

Yes, but Ross seems to consider himself a part of the Jimmy 'entourage' and so whatever Jimmy's been up to for the past two years, Ross is part of that ... at least in Ross' mind ....

Speaking of Ross, I attended the Rock Induction in April. Anyway during my visit in Cleveland, I met a fellow fan at the Rock and Roll Museum, so naturally we started to talk about - Jimmy. Jimmy at the ceremony. And this person mentioned that Ross was also at the table. And I asked, "who's Ross?". Well, I now know very well who Ross is. And I gotta say, don't know why, but I'm not so crazy about him ... sorry!

Sounds promising, huh?

Led Zeppelin legend Jimmy Page has confirmed he is heading back to the stage in 2010.

The guitarist has told Sky News he has new material and can't wait to perform, even if it isn't with his former Led Zeppelin bandmates.

"We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it," he said.

"I've got the music waiting, and that's what i'll be doing. It's been two years since the 02, so it's time to do that."

Robert Plant and John Paul Jones, with whom he performed a sell-out one-off gig at the O2, are both off with seperate projects.

Plant is recording a second album with Alison Krauss, while Jones has joined Them Crooked Vultures with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme.

Page meanwhile is busy promoting his new documentary film, the excellent It Might Get Loud.

To see the whole article: sky news

"I have every intention of playing" falls far short of my definition of confirmed, particularly when it comes from Jimmy.

He is still faced with the daunting task of putting a band together, something he was unable to do even with JPJ and Jason on board.

Yes, but that's the most promising Page-related news we've heard in quite a while.

"I have every intention of playing" falls far short of my definition of confirmed, particularly when it comes from Jimmy.

He is still faced with the daunting task of putting a band together, something he was unable to do even with JPJ and Jason on board.

Well Jason toured with him for Outrider and he doesn't seem to have anything big going on lately, just the odd gig here and there. Call Guy Pratt and you're practically in business.

On the other hand, without JPJ and Jason, which necessarily leads to the Robert issue, there will be much less pressure. A lot of great playing from Jimmy in IMGL, especially the thing he was working on at the beginning of the film, so I have some real hope anyway. It sure would be fab to see him out here playing.

Sounds promising, huh?

To see the whole article: sky news

Thanks for posting, Glicine. Good news, indeed - it's been a very long time now since he released new music, and I find there is just some magic element in his ideas, whether it's simple riffs or complicated chord sequences or whatever else, so I've missed hearing new music from him a great deal.

Thanks for posting, Glicine. Good news, indeed - it's been a very long time now since he released new music, and I find there is just some magic element in his ideas, whether it's simple riffs or complicated chord sequences or whatever else, so I've missed hearing new music from him a great deal.

Me too, Otto. I'm sincerely hoping he would bring out something new this time, the same as when I originally opened this thread. But I'm not bouncing up and down because of excitement, we have not been promised anything concrete, not yet, and I'm not holding my breath.

Good points Steve. Guess we will just have to wait and see what intentions are made of.

Archived