best vibrato

badgeholder

Since every guitarist has their own unique way of shaking those high notes (and low ones) I thought I'd ask you guitar players who is your favorite JUST in terms of vibrato. (I'm not talking chops here)

some of mine would be:

Brian May

Carlos Santana

Eddie Van Halen

Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Since every guitarist has their own unique way of shaking those high notes (and low ones) I thought I'd ask you guitar players who is your favorite JUST in terms of vibrato. (I'm not talking chops here)

some of mine would be:

Brian May

Carlos Santana

Eddie Van Halen

Jimi Hendrix

Stevie Ray Vaughan

For vibrato B.B. King hands down.

Is it just me, or is Zakk Wylde's type of exagerrated vibrato a bit overdone? I guess it fits Ozzy's music, but I find the lack of subtlety, as well as the gross abuse of pinch harmonics has become a joke. I just don't get why the mags have given him "God" status. He's good, but he ain't that good. IMO. Good with a wah pedal though! :beer:

Is it just me, or is Zakk Wylde's type of exagerrated vibrato a bit overdone? I guess it fits Ozzy's music, but I find the lack of subtlety, as well as the gross abuse of pinch harmonics has become a joke. I just don't get why the mags have given him "God" status. He's good, but he ain't that good. IMO. Good with a wah pedal though! :beer:

Zakk is a frustrating player for me. He was awesome ca. Pride And Glory then he started abusing so many playing cliches it became hard to listen to. I think he's a good player that struggled to find a unique voice due to getting into the game so late. A lot of the good stuff had been taken by other better players so he had to come up with something or be just another guitarist. What he came up with was what he does now and either you dig it or you don't. File me under don't.

Zakk is a frustrating player for me. He was awesome ca. Pride And Glory then he started abusing so many playing cliches it became hard to listen to. I think he's a good player that struggled to find a unique voice due to getting into the game so late. A lot of the good stuff had been taken by other better players so he had to come up with something or be just another guitarist. What he came up with was what he does now and either you dig it or you don't. File me under don't.

Yeah, somehow "shred" became blurry gnat notes. Even Yngwie had moments of sweetness. But these "metal gawds" just can't seem to find the balls to take the chance. Light and shade man! Light and SHADE! They just don't seem to get that half the thrill of an erupting volcano is the smoking threat. It pays to "loom" once in a while! ;)

Yeah, somehow "shred" became blurry gnat notes. Even Yngwie had moments of sweetness. But these "metal gawds" just can't seem to find the balls to take the chance. Light and shade man! Light and SHADE! They just don't seem to get that half the thrill of an erupting volcano is the smoking threat. It pays to "loom" once in a while! ;)

Though I suppose it's worth mentioning dude smokes with an acoustic in his hands. Still not my thing.

Anyway back to vibrato. I like the blues guys. Otis Rush was a killer.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived