Bonham and JPJ

Deborah J

Hello All,

I know that Jimmy was the architect and Robert's voice was beyond amazing and they do get most of the attention.

Can anyone share any info on the these two amazing musicians. The greatness of these men are not talked about as much as Page and Plant.

Hello All,

I know that Jimmy was the architect and Robert's voice was beyond amazing and they do get most of the attention.

Can anyone share any info on the these two amazing musicians. The greatness of these men are not talked about as much as Page and Plant.

Hello DeborahJ!!!! I've heard more than one bass player say thing's like, "I really never knew how good John Paul Jones was until I got the first box set and listened to it all the way thru!"

Ask any drummer who John Bonham is and they will ether walk away with there head down or say, "I just learned to play the "Immigrant Song", or "Good Time's Bad Time's".....

Bonham brought a feel with his playing that was and remains totally unique and distinct. Led Zeppelin would have sounded very different with any other percussionist.

John Paul Jones was/is a gifted composer who lent his skills to many a Zeppelin song. His organ, string charts, synthesizer work are all integral elements to the whole Zeppelin experience. He's also one of the straight up smokinest bass players ever to plug one in. Give The Lemon Song another listen and just concentrate on the bass. The whole song is a bass tour de force. He also added acoustic guitar and mandolin to Zeppelin songs.

Hello DeborahJ!!!! I've heard more than one bass player say thing's like, "I really never knew how good John Paul Jones was until I got the first box set and listened to it all the way thru!"

Ask any drummer who John Bonham is and they will ether walk away with there head down or say, "I just learned to play the "Immigrant Song", or "Good Time's Bad Time's".....

I know that these two are phenomenal and I have all the books on Zep that I can get my hands on, along with the vinyls and now CD's. It just seems like they aren't talked about as much as Robert and Jimmy...and I am sure there is a lot out there that I have not read about....just wanting anything on these two. We all know that No Quarter would not be without JPJ and Bonzo (what other drummer is there?? :-)

Bonham brought a feel with his playing that was and remains totally unique and distinct. Led Zeppelin would have sounded very different with any other percussionist.

John Paul Jones was/is a gifted composer who lent his skills to many a Zeppelin song. His organ, string charts, synthesizer work are all integral elements to the whole Zeppelin experience. He's also one of the straight up smokinest bass players ever to plug one in. Give The Lemon Song another listen and just concentrate on the bass. The whole song is a bass tour de force. He also added acoustic guitar and mandolin to Zeppelin songs.

Totally agree... I know a lot of the newer fans would probably enjoy learning more about them as well. You can always find things on Robert and Jimmy...not as easy with Bonham and JPJ. and I for one just don't get it. Without any one of these four we would have not had Zeppelin thw way we have them:-)...need more photos also

Archived