Yardbirds- I'm Confused.

reswati

I honestly can't imagine a better example of what Plant, Jones and Bonham brought to Led Zeppelin. The song is here. The structure is here. The arrangement is here. But compare this to the Dazed and Confused from Danish TV several months later and it all becomes clear. Jimmy knew what he needed to cross over, and he found it! :beer:

*btw, great post Res!

I honestly can't imagine a better example of what Plant, Jones and Bonham brought to Led Zeppelin. The song is here. The structure is here. The arrangement is here. But compare this to the Dazed and Confused from Danish TV several months later and it all becomes clear. Jimmy knew what he needed to cross over, and he found it! :beer:

*btw, great post Res!

Yes! It's all there, but not at the same time! Page really did have a vision, and he sure found the right people!

I wonder why they called it "I'm Confused". The Jake Holmes song was called Dazed and Confused. Relf sings "Dazed and Confused" in the lyrics. Could it be another copyright dodge like The Yardbirds calling Train Kept a Rollin "Stroll On" on the Blow Up soundtrack?

Totally different feel to the song. Interesting putting Page's guitar against the rest of them. Not bad but Zep's version just exploded and as mentioned above, it does make you realise how much Robert, John and John Paul added to Zep's success.

Nice find Reswati!

Agreed. Jimmy, however, already had his Jimmy flair going on....love that shirt! LOL!

I just watched that the other day, Res, you must have posted it on FB also? I think it was just recently published right? Awesome find!

I wonder why they called it "I'm Confused". The Jake Holmes song was called Dazed and Confused. Relf sings "Dazed and Confused" in the lyrics. Could it be another copyright dodge like The Yardbirds calling Train Kept a Rollin "Stroll On" on the Blow Up soundtrack?

Yes, but it wasn't done by The Yardbirds themselves. It was done by Epic Records, who changed the name to "I'm Confused" without telling the band.

The band members always called it "Dazed And Confused".

Great find. This must be, like, JUST before they called it a day. Is that a keyboard player, because I can't hear keys at all. How about those lyrics? "Felt like a mouse but acted like a cat", instead of 'tongues wagged so much when I sent you the bill" Yeah, what a difference two Johns and a Bob can make!

Yes, but it wasn't done by The Yardbirds themselves. It was done by Epic Records, who changed the name to "I'm Confused" without telling the band.

The band members always called it "Dazed And Confused".

Thanks swandown! I always wondered.

Archived