Robert Plant Joins Protest In Wales

Ok, Im a bit naive on this. What is wrong with wind farms? What is the proposed alternative? Is there anything that is good? Fossil fuels will eventually run out, I see no issue with looking towards the future. But why does everyone bitch and complain about every alternative?

Ok, Im a bit naive on this. What is wrong with wind farms? What is the proposed alternative? Is there anything that is good? Fossil fuels will eventually run out, I see no issue with looking towards the future. But why does everyone bitch and complain about every alternative?

According to the article, they stated "will devastate the landscape and have no significant effect on climate change or carbon emissions."

As kiss of fire stated, it's a tough call because you want to support alternative means of energy sources but you'd hate to see landscapes and such being destroyed in the process.

• 3 weeks later...

wow wish there was someone up here to protest in cumbria, we have a nuclear power plant, the biggest offshore windfarm in europe is being built along the beautiful Cumbrian coast, windfarms spreading across our beautiful countryside like the plague, there is that many now even the aviation people are getting worried that the radars are not working properly for passenger aircraft flying over........ how to ruin a beautiful county.....build wind farms

wow wish there was someone up here to protest in cumbria, we have a nuclear power plant, the biggest offshore windfarm in europe is being built along the beautiful Cumbrian coast, windfarms spreading across our beautiful countryside like the plague, there is that many now even the aviation people are getting worried that the radars are not working properly for passenger aircraft flying over........ how to ruin a beautiful county.....build wind farms

:rolleyes:

Yes and those fossil fuel-powered plants are sooooooooooo much better for that pristine country-side and the organisms that inhabit it.

I clicked on your link. Then scrolled down the article to the "protest" link.

Scrolled down that page & I believe I found Planty in the 5th photo down, to the left of the guy who looks like he thinks they're assembling to film Braveheart: Plant wearing a blue baseball hat & sign that says "say no..."

?

I haven't read the stuff yet. My first reaction is why protest windpower because it's supposed to be a good thing and the wind farms have to go somewhere...but Plant's a thoughtful, bright guy, so I'm guessing there's more to the issue than just not wanting them in one's neighborhood. But if these wind things mean one less oil well being drilled, plot of land strip mined or nuclear power plant being built...

Scrolled down that page & I believe I found Planty in the 5th photo down, to the left of the guy who looks like he thinks they're assembling to film Braveheart: Plant wearing a blue baseball hat & sign that says "say no..."

Nah . . .

Hard to be 100% sure, admittedly :D, but still.

?

I haven't read the stuff yet. My first reaction is why protest windpower because it's supposed to be a good thing and the wind farms have to go somewhere...but Plant's a thoughtful, bright guy, so I'm guessing there's more to the issue than just not wanting them in one's neighborhood. But if these wind things mean one less oil well being drilled, plot of land strip mined or nuclear power plant being built...

People are always for something until it is planned in their backyard. Like windfarms make perfect sense to me, as long as they don't ruin the countryside where I live, camp, hike and fish. Selfish -yes. Anyone here who thinks they are the answer, isn't waking up in the morning and looking at a field of industrialized windmills from their front porch.

Hi All,

Well i'm gonna go against most people on here in not congratulating Robert in joining this campaign, why you may ask? well from my point of view i'm sick and tired of so called "Scientist" "Government Sorces" and "NIMBY" types telling me that there is evidence of "Global Warming" and "Ozone Depletion" but then not wanting to do what is needed to reverse the damage or not wanting to implement what is needed near to where they live.

Before they get in to these types of debates and joining these campaings they need to research more about it as i have done.

1. China is building and opening Coal Fired Electriciy Generation Stations at the rate of almost one every three days. That means they will be adding more to "Global Warming" than the rest of the World put together, taking that title away from the USA,

"In the last six years, the Chinese coal industry, with reserves put at more than 1 trillion tonnes, has doubled production to more than 1.2bn tonnes a year. The country is now building 550 coal-fired power stations - opening at the equivalent of two a week - and in the five years to 2005, electricity generation rose 150%."

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/31202

2. Western Governments are urging or imposing on African Countries to go with "Solar Power" rather than use other types of Electricity, Eg, Nuclear or Coal/Oil fired types, Why? because they still want to exploit Africas recources rether than Africia being able to exploit its own recources and so keep Africia in the Dark Ages and never be able to threaten Western commerce, fact. You cant run a Hospital or an Industry on Solar Power alone can you?

I for one am all for helping with "Global Warming" initiaves, i want cheap electricity like everyone else, this can be achieved by using Wind, Wave, Solar and Heat Exchange energy sources, the technology has been there for years but Governments are not willing to change from an Oil/Coal based economy, Why?

We need to look at the fact that when you take "Crude Oil" from the ground you get everything that goes with it when you refine it, Tarmac, Plastics, Heavy and Light Oils, Petrol, Diesel/Derv, Many Inflamable Gasses, in fact everything from "Crude" has a use, what would we do with all the Petrol if we didnt use it? or the Diesel? we need to use it all or we would have to find a way of getting rid of it, and how do we do that? dump it in someone elses back yard?

The solution could be with this American Invention, a Wind Farm that takes up 2 acres of land, equvilant to the 160 acres that a traditional Wind Farm uses.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2005/11/ultra-effective.php

This New Technology will allow the "Vertical Axis Wind Turbine" to produce energy from wind speeds between 12mph and 150mph, Hurricane force winds for the first time could be used to produce Electricity, they can look a lot better than 160 acres of turbines and at 2 acres per Turbine i'm sure Robert and Co could have one in their Back Garden so that "Areas of Natural Beauty" can remain just that, sorry if that sounds facieious but why should the people with Great Wealth or Power be exempt from helping out when thier Country needs them?

So Robert an Co, you have the Money and the Time and the Friends to do something constructive rather than spend your precious time and energy on stopping anything that would "Upset" your view of the country side.

If all the "Super Rich" of this world would put aside two acres of their land for these types of "Vertical Axis Wind Turbine" then the World Energy Crisis and Global Warming could be a thing of past discussions, not gonna happen though is it?

Still at the very least i've opened up many eyes to the fact that there is a way to help out and do something constructive rather than just trying to stop Technology in its tracks over what is just "Aesthetics" anyway, its up to the Rich and Powerful to do something constructive and not leave it up to the Poor and Weak all the time. Just my thoughts.

Regards, Danny

I agree that no one wants to scar the beauty of the land with wind turbines...but if we do not do something no one will have a view of anything eventually. We have got to get away from our oil dependency. We will continue to go to war and pollute our atmosphere if this continues.

There are alternatives such as solar, but the first thing people will say is it is to expensive. If this was done on a massive level then the cost would come down. Again it's always about the money. When is it ever going to be about humanity??

I agree that no one wants to scar the beauty of the land with wind turbines...

Why look at Wind Turbines as "Scars" they also have beauty.

but if we do not do something no one will have a view of anything eventually. We have got to get away from our oil dependency.

We cannot get away from Oil Dependency, unless we do away with everything Oil gives us, i refer you to my previous post.

We will continue to go to war and pollute our atmosphere if this continues.

We have been doing that for thousands of years, i dont expect it to change, ever.

There are alternatives such as solar, but the first thing people will say is it is to expensive. If this was done on a massive level then the cost would come down.

My thoughts exactly.

Again it's always about the money. When is it ever going to be about humanity??

In my opinion, NEVER, when we make it a Sin, a Crime or something that Everyday People feel disgusted with, then Money, Greed and Power will always be more Virtuose than doing anything for the Good of Humanity, just look at all the People that are Rich, they will do everything they can to remain Rich and get Richer while asking Us the Poor to give up our hard earned Cash for their Charities instead of giving it themselves.

Thats where the problem lies and always will, the "Needs of the World" are easy to achieve, but the "Greed Of The Rich" will never be satisfied, who needs £50 Million + anyway? just to pass on to their children who become spoilt little rich kids because they havent had to live in the real world of "Working" for a living like the rest of us.

Regards, Danny

So we agree on most! It's ridiculous that we have the technology for solar roofing, tankless water heaters..etc, but we always put the almighty dollar as the reason for not pushing this. Greed will be our legacy if things do not change.

I am not against people who get rich and have done it without hurting other people and there are a VERY few of them out there.

I know when scientist state we have a problem, then we should listen. We even have junk in outer space. We are an equal opportunity group of people who not only screw up our world but we have to pollute space. I really don't know what it will take for corporations/people to make changes and to care about what we are leaving the next generation.

So we agree on most!

Looks thay way to me.

It's ridiculous that we have the technology for solar roofing, tankless water heaters..etc, but we always put the almighty dollar as the reason for not pushing this. Greed will be our legacy if things do not change.

As always, it will never change though, unless we get to a "Star Trek" mentality in the near future. I'm a "Pessimistic Optimist" rather than a "Optimistic Pessamist" i think, or a "Realist" maybe, what do you think?

I am not against people who get rich and have done it without hurting other people and there are a VERY few of them out there.

Me neither, but it seems that once you get on the trail of "Greed" there is no end to it, the chasing after more while giving none away.

I know when scientist state we have a problem, then we should listen.

Depends if the Scientist have an angle to work, if they are in the pay of Governments or Big Business, or if they are just in it to get the facts out are want what is needed to be done, done.

We even have junk in outer space.

Over 10,000 satellites according to a recent programme i have watched, we have put one up about every other day for over 50 years now, how long before we obliterete the view of the Sun?

"Satellites have an operating lifespan between five and twenty years. Currently, the former Soviet states launch about 1,300 satellites into orbit per year, the USA about 1,000, Japan 100, China 50, France 40, India 30, the UK 25, and a few from Australia and Israel."

http://www.wisegeek.com/how-many-satellite...g-the-earth.htm

We are an equal opportunity group of people who not only screw up our world but we have to pollute space.

"Equal Opportuaity is Bullshit" just look at everything that is not from the Western Governments, Africia, SE Asia, South Americia is not "Equal Opportuniy".

I really don't know what it will take for corporations/people to make changes and to care about what we are leaving the next generation.

"The End of the World" might be a place to start.

Regards, Danny

What I meant about equal opportunity is we will screw up anything, we are not prejudice about that. If it makes money a majority of people will jump in and not look at the consequences.

You are correct, the scientist that work for the governemnt or a corporation are not the ones to listen to. great conversation with you today:-)

What I meant about equal opportunity is we will screw up anything, we are not prejudice about that. If it makes money a majority of people will jump in and not look at the consequences.

You are correct, the scientist that work for the governemnt or a corporation are not the ones to listen to. great conversation with you today:-)

Hi 'Deborah J'

Its always nice to talk to someone who is intune with reality like yourself.

I see what you mean about "equal opportunity" now, "money makes the world go around" the old saying goes, and "greed" will destroy anything associated with it, that includes the whole world not just your/our/my bit of it.

Regards, danny

Danny wrote:

Thats where the problem lies and always will, the "Needs of the World" are easy to achieve, but the "Greed Of The Rich" will never be satisfied, who needs £50 Million + anyway? just to pass on to their children who become spoilt little rich kids because they havent had to live in the real world of "Working" for a living like the rest of us.

Regards, Danny

The day came a long time ago when I appreciated the fact that all I ever got from my parents was a gift worth $10 every year for my birthday (apart from a small weekly allowance), until I was 16 and my dad bought me a stereo. I begged and begged for a stereo for years. But I started babysitting when I was 11 and bought all my own clothes, smokes, etc.

I think the games of the rich go further than you could possibly believe and its' bloody scary. For example, what was Paul McCartney doing during his divorce proceedings holding up an advertisement for "Village Bakery". Something isn't kosher.

Did you see the link I posted yesterday regarding the wind farm closure? I find it to be interesting timing. There was just an article on the BBC on the weekend about a farmer who constructed a crop circle of a wind turbine. Obviously not all think it to be such a bad idea.

Hello Fanny,

You're not giving me the credit i deserve are you? I believe that the games of the "Rich" will never cease to amaze me, but they will never play any game that will Surprize me enough to think "WOW" i didnt think they would do that, or that they would stoop so low.

"The more Money or Power you possess the Less likely you will believe in Honor or Morality"

Regards, Danny

PS, Fanny I have a feeling of "De Ja Vue" about you, any thoughts? Shalom!!!

Ha ha. It only took one decent sized post...

Sorry, I should have known a fellow Jew would know exactly what's been going down in the world of some rock stars. I wish I could talk to Jimmy about some of the stuff I have dug up on Macca boy.

I am doing great. There are no more neo nazis hassling me, nobody's tried to scare me or kill me in quite a while and in fact the opposite has been happening. My purple suede pouch is stuffed to the brim of things I have found left for me in strategic places. I am really close to the Department of Research and Defence Canada, so I feel pretty safe. I guess I could go back to purple text soon :D

Shalom to you too !!!!!!

I do miss your directness tinged with the alure of mystery, keep well and safe and dont evoke the "Rath of the Mods" will you? Hey that could be a New Name for a Rock Group dont you think?

Regards and Shalom, Danny

Archived