Farrah Fawcett Dies

THE FIRST LEDZEP

Bless her heart.

I happened upon a clip of her from an early appearance she made in 1969 on "I Dream of Jeannie" the other day. My jaw hit the floor at this staggeringly beautiful woman.

Rest in peace Farrah.

Found one of those pics for you. I heard Cher talking about Farrah on Larry King Live earlier and Cher said Farrah was on Sonny and Cher one time and Cher felt "jealous" of her... all the guys acted stupid when she came on because she was so beautiful. :)

Jeannie7.jpg

174359.jpg

I had the same hair style, too, ~tangerine~. I got complimented on my hair all the time. (I am a brunette, though). Maybe it will come back in style again.

RIP, Farrah.

And peace and condolences to her family and loved ones.

It was popular, lol. I had my hair both feathered and permed with tight curls (the Robert Plant hairstyle B) ), not at the same time, throughout a good part of my teens. I'm a natural blonde, so i loved having Robert Plant curls. Feathered hair was more work (blow dry and curling iron) than a good perm that needed very little. But i loved those styles! Might be strange to see the style make a return, but maybe not.

Found one of those pics for you. I heard Cher talking about Farrah on Larry King Live earlier and Cher said Farrah was on Sonny and Cher one time and Cher felt "jealous" of her... all the guys acted stupid when she came on because she was so beautiful. :)

Jeannie7.jpg

174359.jpg

Thx for the pix. If I'd been around her I might have forgotten my own name.

174359.jpg

That's a lovely pic of her.

I also loved one of the movies she did (sorry can't remember the name) where she played this in- town hussy in a rural, western kinda era. A lady was dying of cancer and she had three small children and wanted her husband to have someone to "take her place." She (Farrah) was really cute and the story was a tear-jerker. She wound up moving in with the family to get to know the farming way of life. Very different than a "lady of the night." I wish I could recall the name of that movie. She was a gem in it.

That's a lovely pic of her.

I also loved one of the movies she did (sorry can't remember the name) where she played this in- town hussy in a rural, western kinda era. A lady was dying of cancer and she had three small children and wanted her husband to have someone to "take her place." She (Farrah) was really cute and the story was a tear-jerker. She wound up moving in with the family to get to know the farming way of life. Very different than a "lady of the night." I wish I could recall the name of that movie. She was a gem in it.

Hi, Hotplant The movie was called Substitute Wife. It co-starred Lea Thompson and Peter Weller. I really loved that movie. That's the one in which I remember her most. A real tearjerker. :)

Hi, Hotplant The movie was called Substitute Wife. It co-starred Lea Thompson and Peter Weller. I really loved that movie. That's the one in which I remember her most. A real tearjerker. :)

Yeah! That's it. Thanks. ;)

If anyone hasn't seen it I would. Very touching.

Very sad news, especially given her courage in facing her cancer.

It's also sad that, since she died the same day as MJ, her death has already been eclipsed by his.

I agree. It was the first thing that came to my mind upon hearing about MJ. Not to make light of his death by any means but Farrah deserved the spotlight today

After watching the two hour special on Farrah's life, I was left with more of a feeling of realy knowing her and was very impressed with all she did to help the average nobody that has cancer. She made an impact, too bad for the timing of MJ's death as it took away some of the front page attention this would have deserved. After all, music is a great thing, but what Farrah did was a bit more important to me. The medical world needs a wake up call and she did her part in doing so.

I watched the show when it first aired a few weeks back and knew then that it was close to time.

I guess I may have been a bit biased as I my self am battling stage 2 colon cancer but

that was a very moving show.

One thing I have learned is that when you think you have it bad just look around and someone has it worse.

When I went for my last treatment there was an elderly lady in there and she was blind as well :(

I grew up in the 70s, so i remember all those tvs show, but i don't remember the plot lines etc. were probably as stupid as reality tv, or probably worse. my cousins had -farrah fawcetts poster on their bedroom wall and i saw it all over,record stores, growing up. yeah i stared at it... i can realize how it was an iconic thing, yet messed young girls minds up, as to how they should look. its sad to see these stars passing in the past week.

I grew up in the 70s, so i remember all those tvs show, but i don't remember the plot lines etc. were probably as stupid as reality tv, or probably worse. my cousins had -farrah fawcetts poster on their bedroom wall and i saw it all over,record stores, growing up. yeah i stared at it... i can realize how it was an iconic thing, yet messed young girls minds up, as to how they should look. its sad to see these stars passing in the past week.

As a young girl, I would much rather have someone say I should look like Farrah Fawcett then someone like Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen. It's my opinion that women like Farrah Fawcett were of a much healthier size than many of the women plastered all over tabloids today.

Wasn't her type of cancer pretty rare. I had never even heard of it until she was diagnosed.

Yes, it was rare.

Farrah Fawcett, the face of a new generation in the 1970s, re-emerged reluctantly in 2006 as the face of anal cancer.

Reluctantly, because of the stigma anal cancer carries — most cases are caused by the human papillomavirus, the sexually transmitted disease that is responsible for most cervical cancers and some oral cancers.

But Fawcett ultimately went public with her cancer fight, chronicling her treatments in Germany in a documentary that aired earlier this year.

Anal cancer is still relatively rare in the U.S. but has been on the rise in recent years, mostly because of the increased spread of HPV. The American Cancer Society estimates there will be 5,290 new cases of anal cancer in 2009. About 3,190 will occur in women and 2,100 in men.

Risk factors for the disease include having unprotected sex with multiple sex partners, having anal sex, smoking and having a compromised immune system or HIV.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529083,00

R.I.P. Farrah. A beautiful lady with a gorgeous smile and a great actress. Man, there has been a lot of loss these past couple of weeks: Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon, Billy Mays and Farrah. May they all R.I.P. :(

As a young girl, I would much rather have someone say I should look like Farrah Fawcett then someone like Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen. It's my opinion that women like Farrah Fawcett were of a much healthier size than many of the women plastered all over tabloids today.

I'm glad this thread popped back up, cause i framed that negatively. I'm sorry to -farrah fawcett, or any celebrity and anybody to pass away.

-lz715, as a young girl please don't worry about anything like that. your great as you are and dont let tabloids or something somebody says on the internet make you think anything.

Archived