What's in Your Kitchen?

Evster2012

frig:

rice dream, chocolate soy "beverage", blueberry juice, veggies in various states of freshness/decomposition, left over pasta from two nights ago, feta, asiago, reggiano, bread, cream cheese, soy creamer, several salad dressings, brags, mustard,etc.., curry paste, coconut milk, strawberries, butter, jams, cashew butter, and a few things I'm not sure of

dry:

nine grain cereal, flours, blue corn meal, oats, dried beans, olive oil x2, maple syrup, cocoa, teas, coffee, croutons, corn chips, crackers, pastas, a bunch of spices

on the counter:

some black bananas, oranges, two apples, two avocados, cinnamon sugar (home mixed), and a bowl of tamari almonds

It still does. :D

And there's the Roaring Camp Railroad right across the river where they have some great festivals!

But yeah, I was lucky enough to rent a house that was right on the river, directly across from the picnic grounds and the nature center. I lived in that house for years. I would wake up to the sounds of families on the nature walk trail (which was right across from my bedroom window). It was a very happy time.

I love Santa Cruz. I used to know a guy in Boulder Creek who restored the old small Italian Harleys.

B)

DSC02861.JPG

I see you've decided to rejoin us Del

Welcome back. I haven't been as frequent as in the past but if you've been lurking and reading you'll understand why.

Looking forward to more post from you and the same goes for Evster welcome back dudes! LOL

• 1 year later...

I have been trying alot of different suchi rolls from the local Wegmans store. Like the california roll, shrimp and avocado and the tuna roll and Philadelphia roll, salmon and cream cheese.

Sushi's supposed to be RAW, silver!

Still, at least these rolls sound like an improvement on a FILLET O'FISH :D

Right now, my kitchen is full of squash; yellow and zucchini. And I've got zucchini bread and banana bread on the counter.

If anyone has an easy, healthy yellow squash recipe please let me know (we've got grilling and ratatouille covered). :)

Right now, my kitchen is full of squash; yellow and zucchini. And I've got zucchini bread and banana bread on the counter.

If anyone has an easy, healthy yellow squash recipe please let me know (we've got grilling and ratatouille covered). :)

You could try adding some onions, carrots, peppers (capsicum) & garlic, and roast them in balsamic vinegar & olive oil

The fish inside the rolls is raw. There are many many kinds they have out. I like the tuna nad shrimp ones the best.

Just make sure you're getting good quality sushi. If it isn't high quality then you run a higher risk of getting Salmonella. But sushi is DELICIOUS!!! If I had more money i'd eat the stuff every day, all the time

Just make sure you're getting good quality sushi. If it isn't high quality then you run a higher risk of getting Salmonella. But sushi is DELICIOUS!!! If I had more money i'd eat the stuff every day, all the time

The local store here, a giant, Wegmans, is very reliable for selling good stuff that is not spoiled. If the fish were bad, the vegatables next to it would probably change color first. Avocado as an example changes color fast if not fresh. I like those rice rolls. The yellowfin tuna.

The local store here, a giant, Wegmans, is very reliable for selling good stuff that is not spoiled. If the fish were bad, the vegatables next to it would probably change color first. Avocado as an example changes color fast if not fresh. I like those rice rolls. The yellowfin tuna.

Mmmmm Yellowfin! Do you ever get Eel or a Spider roll?

Mmmmm Yellowfin! Do you ever get Eel or a Spider roll?

I have not seen the eel but have seen the other. My sister is into that stuff. I will stick with the tuna, shrimp, and a few others. She has had eel often in Taiwan and the Phillipines when she was there. I just cant do it.

You have to at least try it once. It sounds disgusting when you think about it, but believe me, Eel is my favorite individual piece of sushi. Just try it once and I swear you'll love it.

Went to a dinner party last year and they had a sushi chef making fresh sushis. Tryed every one of them which included eel. Liked them all but a couple of days later I had a allergic reaction, I figured to the eel because it was the only item in the sushis that was new to me. Had to go to the DR to get some heavy duty meds to knock down the reaction.

Went to a dinner party last year and they had a sushi chef making fresh sushis. Tryed every one of them which included eel. Liked them all but a couple of days later I had a allergic reaction, I figured to the eel because it was the only item in the sushis that was new to me. Had to go to the DR to get some heavy duty meds to knock down the reaction.

Well you just broke this camel's back with that straw! I won't try eel or snails. Anything else I guess.

Well you just broke this camel's back with that straw! I won't try eel or snails. Anything else I guess.

ledzepfvr I"m sorry you had an allergic reaction to eel, I"ve never experienced anything like that with it before and every time I've gone to a sushi bar I've gotten it :(

No snails either? ohmy.gif At least try them once silvermedalist.

ledzepfvr I"m sorry you had an allergic reaction to eel, I"ve never experienced anything like that with it before and every time I've gone to a sushi bar I've gotten it :(

No snails either? ohmy.gif At least try them once silvermedalist.

Well don't limit any adventurous eating based on my experience. I have those reactions once in awhile but you probably won't.

As for snails, they are good. Not something to eat all the time but a delicacy to try on a special occasion. My kids and I tried them on a cruise and found them to be a bit nutty in flavor and they cook them in butter and garlic. They aren't your garden variety snail and are well fed on grains.

Archived