Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

I've never been a fan, but if it wasn't for the "extra-curricular" activities, i would probably feel a little more sorrow than i can come up with.

Edit: Farrah's struggle was very sad. I feel for her family.

I loved the Jackson 5 when I was little; and was a fan in the Thriller days. Although I was pretty disturbed by the last 10-15 years and had stopped listening to his music, I am sad for the loss nevertheless. I can't deny his talent, and the Motown special was definitely one of the most memorable tv moments I've seen.

Agreed and nicely put. It's just shocking - 50 is very young and although I wasn't a big fan, he was an incredible performer and left an indellible mark on the music world. It's just a shame and very sad.

Thank you, Nine :)

I just think how awful it must be for his kids. Legally, their mother doesn't have any custody over them, so where they'll go - who knows.

I've got CNN on as well and heard that about the Rx drugs. It's hard to say right now - I'm sure there are going to be a lot of speculations and theories until more facts are revealed.

Family press conference in the next 15-20 minutes.

Yeah, autopsy must be done for any tox reports.

Family press conference in the next 15-20 minutes.

Yeah, autopsy must be done for any tox reports.

Our news isn't speculating on any current drug abuse issues right now, but his 'friend' (and I say that because I'm never sure just how close people say they are), Uri Geller, believed that the stress of the forthcoming London concerts may have been a factor. Of course, that's just speculation on his part.

All this talk about "extra curricular activities" is just that, talk and innuendo.

He was never found guilty of anything and it's sad that is the only thing he will be remembered for is he paid someone off, obviously because some "great advice" from his lawyers.

People will have their opinions on whether he was innocent or guilt however it's all superfluous.

I love JP but some of his earlier dalliances were just as bad but it doesn't change my opinion of him and certainly takes nothing away from his music.

I'm just waiting for all those scumbag "comedians" to show their class by putting him down in his death.

If in fact it was suicide, what a waste, he had some gigs in England coming up and I was hoping it would get him back to what he's good at.

We share the same birthday but I always thought I would go first.

50 is too young.

RIP Michael.

I didn't expect this to make me sad, but it has. I grew up with Michael. Watching his failed passage into manhood has been painful. I'm just old enough to remember the Jackson 5 cartoon from the late 70's. He made others happy and seemed to not be well advised on how to create real happiness for himself. The aftermath of the Pepsi fire was his rite of passage, and it did not go well.

Great musicians fucking the children has been on my mind lately. Full grown adults fucking the children is wrong. Is it okay to continue enjoying the music when the musician is fucking the kids? If I ask the same question about listening to the preachers' sermon, the answer is more clear. I lived in a city where many churches were sold to pay for legal expenses in pedo cases. I used to love "Rough Boys". Now I can hear the lyrics. Funny how I couldn't before, they are so clear.. and so wrong.

this has definately hit our family for six...... my 20 and 22 yo kids are HUGE fans.

the michael jackson music is playing LOUD at our house right now.

death does effect people in different ways. i remember when my mother died, i was 13, and i was feeling like " why hasn't time stood still? this is horrible, why are all these people still going about their daily lives like nothing has happened, damn it! "

what i am trying to say is, however people react to this news, just let them. it's a personal thing.

Hi S2Z,

Quite right lady, its about being empathic, forget any hate or dislike you may have had for him, their are a lot of people grieving tonight, not only fans but family and friends, whatever happened in the past is now firmly in the past, leave it there.

To you Micky Boy, and too yours. :beer:

ODE to Michael.

You were a "Thriller" in your day

"Working Day And Night"

To "Get On The Floor"

Or get "Off The Wall"

You "Burn This Disco Out"

You and "Dirty Diana"

But "I Can't Help It"

"She's Out Of My Life"

"It's The Falling In Love"

With the "Girlfriend"

And "The Way You Make Me Feel"

That make us "Just Good Friends"

I know you "Dont Stop 'Til You Get Enough"

But thats only "Human Nature"

So "Beat It" "Billie Jean"

"The Girl Is Mine"

Now "Just Leave Me Alone"

She is "The Lady In My Life"

You're "Bad"

That's all for now folks, Kind Regards, Danny

It was weird when I heard this. A guy called into a radio show, a radio show that features random crazy "mofo's" who call in to make any joke. But anyway, the guy called in, sounding drunk, and told the host that Michael Jackson died. I wasn't sure what to think, but when I searched radio stations, several were playing his tracks and the local rap/hip-hop station announced they would play 'Thriller' all the way through, with no commercials at 6:00.

Eventually the AM stations had news updates and I found out it was true.

To me, his is a great pop artist with one in a century talent who made great records. But beyond the music.... there isn't much positive to say.

To be honest, my reaction then and now is still the same..... "Really?!"

I really don't think Michael had a sexual attraction to children at all. He was just a strange man fucked up by his childhood (or lack thereof) and had a misplaced affection and sense of protection for children in an effort to make sure they didn't end up like him. He was a troubled man but Michael Jackson was not a pedophile.

:( :(

Still love "Billie Jean" to pieces.

Personally, he rocked out Beat It, but, yeah, his early stuff was probably his greatest - for me, at least.

It's weird. I'm listening to Beat It and I'm thinking, 'He's dead now?' It's like having a tap suddenly turn off. One of the most recognizable musicians ever, and we'll never see or hear him again. I suppose it's just strange to except that, if only because something momunental's just happened to popular culture.

Personally, he rocked out Beat It, but, yeah, his early stuff was probably his greatest - for me, at least.

It's weird. I'm listening to Beat It and I'm thinking, 'He's dead now?' It's like having a tap suddenly turn off. One of the most recognizable musicians ever, and we'll never see or hear him again. I suppose it's just strange to except that, if only because something momunental's just happened to popular culture.

I had the same reaction - I've seen the news on tv and online and it just hasn't sunk in yet. Doesn't seem real even though I know it is.

I really don't think Michael had a sexual attraction to children at all. He was just a strange man fucked up by his childhood (or lack thereof) and had a misplaced affection and sense of protection for children in an effort to make sure they didn't end up like him. He was a troubled man but Michael Jackson was not a pedophile.

i've always felt that way about all the accusations, guess we will never really know, but nothing has ever been proven.

to me, if i was accusing somebody of that, no amount of money would make me hush up. all that did to me was make me think they just wanted money. of course, this is just my opinion, and really, i am not sure if it's in good taste to talk about this now.

i hope he is remembered more for his music.

This is not meant to denounce anyone.

I'm very glad that Michael Jackson was here, and grateful to celebrate his music.

a Point of interest... Thriller became the #1 selling album on iTunes in the last few hours

People love his songs, and he was a great dancer.

Archived