Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
longdistancewinner

Michael Jackson in hospital

Thank you for providing this info, Eternal! Let' shope and pray everything shall be done the proper way for him.

You're welcome, Vega!

I guess the original church that was built in memory of Saint Albans is in England.

Incidentally, Saint Albans, England is where the

formed in 1961.

May Michael Jackson find comfort with the holy angels now.

Historical Saint Albans

Edited by eternal light

Well, as much as I don't like him - or what he's been accused of - I'm not about to joke about it. Apparently, he went into cardiac arrest and that it 'doesn't look good'.

I was unaware of his death when I made that comment. Obviously I wouldn't joke about anyone dying.

Wow! I hope this isn't true, regardless of my feelings about the man's extra curricular interests.

So Farrah, now Micheal? It comes in threes they say.

*waits*

What about Ed Mcmahon?

A couple days ago this dude was one of the biggest jokes in showbiz history. Now he is beloved. That's what death will do. The rose colored glasses are already on.

A couple days ago this dude was one of the biggest jokes in showbiz history. Now he is beloved. That's what death will do. The rose colored glasses are already on.

True to form Spats - BOLLOCKS.

Think about the one in your avatar. That's what death will do?

How ignorant- Michael Jackson has been beloved by many for a very long time. Just because in recent years his personal life has been in the spotlight, his importance to the music industry is still indisputable, and that is why so many love him. And that is why his death is such a big deal, not because he was a 'joke.'

Edited by songbird

True to form Spats - BOLLOCKS.

What's false about that? It's true. This guy did not make any good music since the 80's! Since then it's been stupid behavior, bad publicity stunts, questionable behavior with youngsters, fake marriages, endangering his own childs life, the list goes on.

He has been a punchline since the early 90's and now he is beloved and missed. :blink::blink:

Think about the one in your avatar. That's what death will do?

How is that?

What's false about that? It's true. This guy did not make any good music since the 80's! Since then it's been stupid behavior, bad publicity stunts, questionable behavior with youngsters, fake marriages, endangering his own childs life, the list goes on.

He has been a punchline since the early 90's and now he is beloved and missed. :blink::blink:

Is this when he was a joke then?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...s-a-second.html

He sold out FIFTY nights in a 20 000 capacity arena IN HOURS.

FIFTY nights - with more people still wanting tickets.

You're the one who's out of touch mate. :rolleyes:

How ignorant- Michael Jackson has been beloved by many for a very long time. Just because in recent years his personal life has been in the spotlight, his importance to the music industry is still indisputable, and that is why so many love him. And that is why his death is such a big deal, not because he was a 'joke.'

In recent years? Try almost 20 years. He has not been important to the music industry since the 80's.

Is this when he was a joke then?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...s-a-second.html

He sold out FIFTY nights in a 20 000 capacity arena IN HOURS.

FIFTY nights - with more people still wanting tickets.

You're the one who's out of touch mate. :rolleyes:

Yes he is popular over there. Based on nostalgia. There is a reason he hadn't toured in North America since the 80's.

In recent years? Try almost 20 years. He has not been important to the music industry since the 80's.

Well see Kneb's post above!

Besides, is this the appropriate time to be shitting on Michael? Let the man rest in peace, for fucks sake. Honestly, what is wrong with some of you people??

And spats- you can't even do so much as talk to a girl, let alone have the greatest selling album of all time. :rolleyes:

Edited by songbird

Yeah because England is not part of the "music industry". :rolleyes:

You're a fucking loser Spats. Go pollute another thread.

Well see Kneb's post above!

Besides, is this the appropriate time to be shitting on Michael? Let the man rest in peace, for fucks sake. Honestly, what is wrong with some of you people??

I am not happy the dude passed away. This must be a horrible for his family. But let's be realistic about the guy. That's what i meant about what death does and how the rose colored glasses are put on.

I am not happy the dude passed away. This must be a horrible for his family. But let's be realistic about the guy. That's what i meant about what death does and how the rose colored glasses are put on.

You talk shite. Why is it "based on nostalgia" for the UK?

Don't you think he has toured here since the 80s? Do you think we all dream of an 80s MJ? What's the "reason" North America hasn't been interested in him? Think we haven't heard it all over here Spats? Maybe our pigeons have been on strike eh?

Pathetic.

Edited by Knebby

Yeah because England is not part of the "music industry". :rolleyes:

You're a fucking loser Spats. Go pollute another thread.

Ask any record stores how many cds they were selling before he died. There was are reason his shows in England were being called a "comeback". Because he was considered a hasbeen. What had he been doing for the music industry since the end of the 80's?

Agreed. Speaking ill of the dead brings bad karma. Whatever your view was on MJ, it's important to know that he has an immediate family who are very upset by his passing, and that takes precedent over everything else.

Agreed. Speaking ill of the dead brings bad karma. Whatever your view was on MJ, it's important to know that he has an immediate family who are very upset by his passing, and that takes precedent over everything else.

I am not speaking ill of the dead. I feel for his family. But that's what the situation was like while he was a alive.

Spats, think about this, quite a few things you've said about MJ could well fit a band, on its official forum we're now having this discussion. Do you think Led Zeppelin as a joke? As hasbeen? And all the fans love Zeppelin just because we all have the rose colored glasses on?

A few days ago Michael Jackson was rehearsing for a 50-night residency at London's O2 Arena.

Perhaps he did not anticipate the quick change of venue, but that is the way life sometimes takes its course.

guardian.co.uk/music/2009/may/13/michael-jackson-rehearsals

Lighting designer Patrick Woodroffe, who watched Jackson's final performance, a rehearsal at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles on Thursday night, said the singer had seemed frail.

"We had rehearsed for the last couple of weeks," Woodroffe said last night in an interview on BBC's Radio 4. "We put together a very complicated show, quite a spectacular show. Of course a huge part of it was him, and I would say for the last week he hadn't really been with us. He would appear, and he would rehearse sometimes, and he would not rehearse.

"I guess that we were nervous whether we would be able to carry off this show at the O2." Woodroffe said that, despite Jackson's frailty, his final performance had been electrifying.

"Last night particularly he came on stage and he was electric ... it was like he had been holding back," Woodroffe said. "Suddenly he was performing as one had remembered him in the past ... It was quite an emotional moment when we realised that, well, he had it. And of course we all had a view as to whether he would be able to survive these 50 shows, and whether he could have or not I couldn't tell you, but I can certainly tell you he would have made it to the start of the race, if you know what I mean."

Despite the urging of friends to pull back, Jackson was reputedly training and rehearsing for six hours a day.

"He wanted to rehearse more, but the medications were getting in the way," said Brian Oxman, a former Jackson family lawyer and friend who was with two of the reclusive music star's brothers at the UCLA Medical Centre where he was confirmed dead at 2.26pm (7.26am AEST).

Woodroffe said Jackson's crew had felt privileged to see, at the rehearsals, the comeback that the rest of the world had been denied.

"We stood together and there was a sense that we had actually seen this comeback that was so important to him," Woodroffe said.

theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25697652-26397,00

Edited by eternal light

I am not speaking ill of the dead. I feel for his family. But that's what the situation was like while he was a alive.

You called him the 'biggest joke in showbiz history'. Not exactly high praise.