Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
longdistancewinner

Michael Jackson in hospital

I am not happy the dude passed away. This must be a horrible for his family. But let's be realistic about the guy. That's what i meant about what death does and how the rose colored glasses are put on.

You're an idiot. Here are the facts: a music legend (yes, legend) has died. He died tragically. His music meant a lot to a lot of people. There are no rose coloured glasses.

Its a tragedy the way he died, and what happened to his life. He was a child star, an amazing talent, but got fucked up at a young age and never recovered.

How anyone can still criticize him barely 24 hours after he has died is beyond me.

I wouldn't even call myself a huge fan of his but I am deeply saddened at the way things turned out for this person- who is a HUMAN BEING, did some of you forget that? Apparently so.

I am not speaking ill of the dead. I feel for his family. But that's what the situation was like while he was a alive.

If you had any compassion whatsoever, you would not be discussing his relevence as a living artist because that issue is completely irrelevent TODAY!

Know when to walk away from a thread.

Spats, think about this, quite a few things you've said about MJ could well fit a band, on its official forum we're now having this discussion. Do you think Led Zeppelin as a joke? As hasbeen? And all the fans love Zeppelin just because we all have the rose colored glasses on?

It's not the same because Led Zeppelin are no longer a group.

You're an idiot. Here are the facts: a music legend (yes, legend) has died. He died tragically. His music meant a lot to a lot of people. There are no rose coloured glasses.

Its a tragedy the way he died, and what happened to his life. He was a child star, an amazing talent, but got fucked up at a young age and never recovered.

How anyone can still criticize him barely 24 hours after he has died is beyond me.

I wouldn't even call myself a huge fan of his but I am deeply saddened at the way things turned out for this person- who is a HUMAN BEING, did some of you forget that? Apparently so.

Well, let's look at it like this; according Spats' logic, fans of Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley, Keith Moon, John Bonham, John Lennon, Marvin Gaye, Freddie Mercury, Kurt Cobain, and Gerry Garcia are still wearing those nice, shiny rose-tinted glasses.

The term 'go fuck yourself, Spats' comes to mind.

The term 'go fuck yourself, Spats' comes to mind.

I'm sure he will.

I'm sure he will.

He has no other option. :rolleyes:

Anyway I can't believe this is going on in this thread. Its so disrespectful. As I think Ev suggested earlier, those who want to criticize MJ should start their own thread.

Sorry if you thought i was disrespecting him. That was not the intention. I am just saying how he was viewed by the media and general public and how his career was going before he died. And how death changes the view.

I will drop it,.

He has no other option. :rolleyes:

Anyway I can't believe this is going on in this thread. Its so disrespectful. As I think Ev suggested earlier, those who want to criticize MJ should start their own thread.

YAY Songbird.

I'm sure he will.

:lol:

Well, I'm not going to get into it with Spats, because as you know I don't believe in him :D , but just in general: it seems to me totally appropriate on the occasion of someone's death to be honoring their accomplishments, and all the pleasure they brought to people. That's how it nearly always works, in any case--when the death is new, people look for positive things to say about the deceased, because (just for one reason) now the guy is dead, he's not going to be doing any more of the stuff people DIDN'T like, so they might as well accentuate the positive. Which is only right.

And in this case the positive is VERY positive, most of the negative didn't harm any of us (who cares if he went around with a monkey?), and the rest of the negative is highly dubious, resting on the hearsay of people looking to make pots of money out of the guy, and succeeding.

It sounds bizarre to say I feel sorry for somebody that rich, famous, and talented, but I felt sorry for Michael, and I feel even more sorry now I've seen people gleefully come out to stamp on his body.

I'm watching BBC news and they are going through his life, Oh I could cry, :( my mum burst into tears, she couldn't believe it.

The House of Representatives observed a moment of silence Friday morning for the late pop star Michael Jackson.

The moment was led by members of the Congressional Black Caucus. Reps. Diane Watson (D-Calif.) and Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) spoke about Jackson before asking members to rise for a moment of silence.

"Madam Speaker, if there is a God — and I believe there is — and that God distributes grace and mercy and talent to all his children, on Aug. 29, 1958, he touched Gary, Ind.," said Jackson.

Jackson said the singer's "heart couldn't get any bigger," adding: "I come to the floor today on behalf of a generation to thank God for living in his era."

politico.com/news/stories/0609/24260

I am not speaking ill of the dead. I feel for his family. But that's what the situation was like while he was a alive.

Or that's what the media made a living on. Vultures. And you buy it hook line and sinker.

And you "feel for his family"? I'm sure they're grateful for your concern. What a self absorbed jackass you are. Have you ever made a post that doesn't revolve around how you feel? :rolleyes:

People can speculate on Micheal's interest all they want, you on the other hand have made your opinions abundantly clear time and time again. No wonder your "friends" don't want to hang out with you. They're probably afraid you might open your mouth.

Edited by Evster2012

LONDON (AP) — Michael Jackson was due to make his triumphant return to the stage in London next month — but instead his sudden death has left millions of fans feeling they've lost a lifelong friend.

The dramatic death of the brilliant singer seemed to obscure his recent controversies and kindle warmer memories of Jackson the child star and Jackson the show-stopping, moonwalking headliner.

The worldwide chorus of grief united the famous — statesmen and superstars alike — and the legions of ordinary people who grew up with "Thriller" and "Beat It."

Word of Jackson's death jolted nearly everyone, from a young man in Colombia who was named after the King of Pop, to Malaysians who named a soy drink for him, to a generation of people around the world who have tried, in vain, to moonwalk.

"It's horrible news, so unexpected," the Italian actress Sophia Loren told The Associated Press by telephone. "The world has lost an icon and music has lost treasures. He wrote songs that generations of yesterday, today and tomorrow will all keep on singing. What he wrote was amazing."

Loren and her children had been frequent visitors to Jackson at his Neverland ranch in California, developing an enduring friendship.

"I hope that Michael will find that peace that maybe he did not have in the last 15 years."

baltimoresun.com/entertainment/michael-jackson/sns-ap-michael-jackson-world-reax,0,7216214.story

He felt he never got to have a childhood because his father drove them so. He called his home Neverland because he felt he was a modern day Peter Pan, a Pied Piper dedicated to letting children embrace their childhood, and not be rushed into adulthood before their time. To paraphrase Jesus, there's a time for childish things.

To everything (turn, turn, turn)

There is a season (turn, turn, turn)

And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die

A time to plant, a time to reap

A time to kill, a time to heal

A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up,a time to break down

A time to dance, a time to mourn

A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together

A time of love, a time of hate

A time of war, a time of peace

A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose

A time to rend, a time to sew

A time to love, a time to hate

A time for peace, I swear its not too late

Edited by Evster2012

i understand the use of humour to allieviate the pain of death, but i don't really believe that that is what has been happening here.

i think some people have just used this time to vent. they somehow think it's ok to say whatever they think, now that he is dead, it's somehow "o.k." .

well, i for one don't think it is.

as i and many have said, he was aquitted of all charges, nothing was proven.

if at some stage there is PROOF to the contrary, i will be the first to aknowledge that.

Or that's what the media made a living on. Vultures. And you buy it hook line and sinker.

And you "feel for his family"? I'm sure they're grateful for your concern. What a self absorbed jackass you are. Have you ever made a post that doesn't revolve around how you feel? :rolleyes:

People can speculate on Micheal's interest all they want, you on the other hand have made your opinions abundantly clear time and time again. No wonder your "friends" don't want to hang out with you. They're probably afraid you might open your mouth.

You rule. For real.

Edited by danelectro

Poor MJ is dead but not even buried. Past allegations have and will continue to be dug up.

I find one post beyond tacky and in some of the worst taste I have ever seen here.

Shame shame shame on you know who.

edited for typos

:yesnod:

:(

I can't even read through this thread since I was last online early this morning. How much disrespect a few show for someone who just lost their life. Disrespect to Michael, his family, friends and the millions of fans he has all over the world. It's tragic we lost a great entertainer. You don't have to be a fan of his to know the impact he made on music and entertainment and the millions of fans he has and continues to have as people discover his music.

Michael was a gifted entertainer. It's sad to think of his upbringing and how he was robbed of a childhood. His "eccentricities" were IMO his way of trying to reclaim a childhood he never had and befriending children fit into that. I think he was a very gentle man who didn't have any mal intentions. He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes as we all do but I don't think he deserves some of the ill comments made here.

I can't even read through this thread since I was last online early this morning. How much disrespect a few show for someone who just lost their life. Disrespect to Michael, his family, friends and the millions of fans he has all over the world. It's tragic we lost a great entertainer. You don't have to be a fan of his to know the impact he made on music and entertainment and the millions of fans he has and continues to have as people discover his music.

Michael was a gifted entertainer. It's sad to think of his upbringing and how he was robbed of a childhood. His "eccentricities" were IMO his way of trying to reclaim a childhood he never had and befriending children fit into that. I think he was a very gentle man who didn't have any mal intentions. He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes as we all do but I don't think he deserves some of the ill comments made here.

What huge star isn't eccentric.

Here's a quote from another site. It's not meant to rile anyone up but there is some truth to this.

Agreed. Eccentricity among celebs is the norm. It's easy to pick on MJ because he's an easy target. Sure he did some horrific things to his body but so does a large percentage of hollywood. The biz is full of nose jobs and tucks, drugs problems, sexual perversion and any other thing you can thing of. Jimmy Page sticks needles in his arm, has ritualistic sex with underage groupies and indulged in various occult practices and he's a hero. MJ has some plastic surgery, gets accused of a sex crime and was subsequently acquitted by a jury of his peers and he's a freak.

IMO it's comes down to rubber-necking. If you're the kind of person that gets into that kind of stuff you're the reason I'm stuck in traffic. I understand it when eccentric celebs act weird. But when grown, supposedly adult men start being busy bodies it creeps me out. You can go back to reading your People and National Enquirer now.

Aleister Crowley is the great misunderstood genius of the 20th century.' ... Jimmy Page: Past, Presence & Future Interview by Harry Doherty, Melody Maker, ...

Same for Michael...Nobody ever took the time to make an sincere effort to understand universe of his heart and mind........So very sad, just another example of unfortunate event that justifies how much our society has changed and remains the same....Michael had the every right to be understood in the face of humanity....The childhood he lost couldn't have possibly been measured with fame/fortune...and this is what happens when one cannot stay true to their identity for unfortunate reasons........

.RIP Michael, I wish we could have done more for you as you made us laugh with your moves and music......

:yesnod:

:(

Thanks nine. I usually consider the source when reading posts here but I lost my cool.

I would like to share a story because you know I love to talk about airplanes.

I worked with a very nice fellow who was the mechanic for Jaffe`s B707 in San Antonio.

One day at lunch he told me how he went with MJ on this trip to Africa when MJ rented Jaffe`s 707.

He didn`t say when it was but I assume it was in 1992.

Though my friend was forced to ride in one of the jump seats on the flight deck, he said MJ was very polite and soft-spoken. Even came in the cockpit to see the controls.

I did a quick search and on youtube you can see MJ de-planing. The picture is very poor but this looks very much like a 707.

The gentleman I know had no reason to lie and I believe him.

I would hope this topic is about the memory of MJ and not trashing him.

I come to bury Michael and to praise him.

I grew up with the Jackson 5 cartoons on Saturday morning and this is where I hope poor MJ is now.

11gary.jpg

Precisely.

What crap. You weren't using humor to relieve anyone's grief. You wrote a parody about pedophilia.