Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was freaked by Joe Jackson's comments and attitude on the red carpet at the BET awards. I was beyond belief. :blink:

I just kind of sat there wondering who would bring it up first. Wasn't till the next day other people were jumping on it.

Whew...my feelings are justified.

Wondering...how much AEG is in debt, like were all the costumes already made, etc, etc.

There was talk of no one wanting to insure the tour because of Michael's health, yet some who were at rehearsal said he was in good shape. Then another report says he missed 43 rehearsals. :huh: That was a huge crew that won't be working now too. I'd like to hear from some of those dancers to get their thoughts on whether they thought he actually could do even 10 straight dates.

The Apollo is holding a memorial today, maybe right now.

Lot's of unanswered questions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was freaked by Joe Jackson's comments and attitude on the red carpet at the BET awards. I was beyond belief. :blink:

I just kind of sat there wondering who would bring it up first. Wasn't till the next day other people were jumping on it.

Whew...my feelings are justified.

Yes, I was particularly disgusted by him as well.

I don't know if they're still up, but for a while yesterday, they had clips of Joe Jackson at the BET Awards. He came across as a thoroughly insensitive individual. His whole demeanour/attitude was, frankly, sickening. You don't plug your latest business venture when you're speaking of your recently deceased son.

Compare that to his daughter, Janet, and you couldn't have seen a bigger contrast if you'd tried - she could barely keep her emotions in check; and there he was saying he was doing 'great'.

Eurgh, what a cold man.

Joe beat the shit out of Michael and the rest of his kids when they were children and never gave a damn about them except to prod them into making more money for him. The fact that he's lost a child doesn't mean squat. I never expected him to look even remotely upset. All he cares about is making sure Michael provided for him in his will, and according to what I've been reading.......he didn't. He willed money to his children, his mother and several charities.

Yeah as his father was plugging a new record company he said MJ's kids are doing 'fine'...uuuuggggh...this coming from the same guy who would humiliate Michael about his physical appearance, a man whose idea of corporal punishment resulted in MJ being so frightened that he would throw up (as a child and still into adulthood) when his father entered a room.

Any wonder reports indicate there is no mention of the father in MJ's will?

There will be a public viewing on Friday in Neverland...

VERY good point. I watched my mother do the same thing last year when my dad passed away.

I'm sure that he made plenty of parenting mistakes, but I am not going to condemn him.

Also, I believe that he has plenty of his own resources, and did not need to be included in his son's will.

It is partly due to Joe Jackson's persistence in shepherding his children that they succeeded in show business. He was determined that they would have more opportunity in life than what Gary, Indiana had to offer.

Not that I agree with all his methods, but he was from an earlier generation, and that is how he learned. But I believe that he had good intentions for all his children, even though he made some bad choices.

He was never the kind of absentee father that some children have. His children know who their father is.

Joe Jackson is not a saint, but I would not be too hard on him right now because he has lost his son.

It could be that he is saying stupid things because it's easier than crying in public.

Had it not been for a documented history of abuse, his saying stupid things in public likely would have been viewed differently. Who throws up in fear of a parent???

Had it not been for a documented history of abuse, his saying stupid things in public likely would have been viewed differently. Who throws up in fear of a parent???

Obviously his parenting skills were primitive and he needed some guidance there. But again, he came from that generation of strict parents. That's how he learned and for awhile anyway, it was all he knew. I believe that he still conscientiously tried to do the best that he knew how in raising his children and preparing them for the world.

They picked up their stick-to-itiveness from their father.

I'm sure that he made plenty of parenting mistakes, but I am not going to condemn him.

Also, I believe that he has plenty of his own resources, and did not need to be included in his son's will.

It is partly due to Joe Jackson's persistence in shepherding his children that they succeeded in show business. He was determined that they would have more opportunity in life than what Gary, Indiana had to offer.

Not that I agree with all his methods, but he was from an earlier generation, and that is how he learned. But I believe that he had good intentions for all his children, even though he made some bad choices.

He was never the kind of absentee father that some children have. His children know who their father is.

Oh come on now, don't you think that excluding him is telling? Usually the simplest explanation is right. Shepherding your children to success is one thing, abusing them all the while is another. I think any generation has enough sense to know that if your kid is scared shitless of you, you've gone too far. Sometimes no father is better than an abusive one.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, so I hope MJ now has the peace and comfort that seems to have eluded him in life.

Oh come on now, don't you think that excluding him is telling? Usually the simplest explanation is right. Shepherding your children to success is one thing, abusing them all the while is another. I think any generation has enough sense to know that if your kid is scared shitless of you, you've gone too far. Sometimes no father is better than an abusive one.

Anyway, this is getting off topic, so I hope MJ now has the peace and comfort that seems to have eluded him in life.

It's possible that his father asked not to be included in the will. I wasn't there when it was drawn. Maybe the will states the reason and we'll know after a while.

Naturally the children had every right to disapprove of their father's actions. But that is how their father was raised, and how he learned. Again, he needed guidance in his parenting skills, but I think he had good intentions.

He very much wanted his children to have opportunity in life.

Obviously his parenting skills were primitive and he needed some guidance there. But again, he came from that generation of strict parents. That's how he learned and for awhile anyway, it was all he knew. I believe that he still conscientiously tried to do the best that he knew how in raising his children and preparing them for the world.

My parents are of Michael's generation, my grandparents were Joe and Katherine Jackson's. They were strict, but never to point of fear-inducing or intimidation. Strict is telling your child that they have to be home by a certain time or they're grounded. Strict is telling your child that if they do something wrong they'll be told off. Strict is not screaming at your son - a scary mask on your face - to teach him a lesson to never leave his window open at night. That is fucking scary.

You should check out LaToya's book and Michael's comments on the matter. Getting good characteristics from Joe doesn't diminish abuse - physical and emotional. There's value for calling something for what it is, and the fact is, he was abusive. Lots of people came from 'strict' families and are grateful for it, so the 'generational' thing doesn't fly. Lots of people are 'traditional' and don't beat and humiliate their kids. The most telling aspect is the obviously strained relationship he had with his father. If Michael Jackson called it abuse, you should accept that and not minimize it.

My parents are of Michael's generation, my grandparents were Joe and Katherine Jackson's. They were strict, but never to point of fear-inducing or intimidation. Strict is telling your child that they have to be home by a certain time or they're grounded. Strict is telling your child that if they do something wrong they'll be told off. Strict is not screaming at your son - a scary mask on your face - to teach him a lesson to never leave his window open at night. That is fucking scary.

Your parents were from a different culture, and not from Gary, Indiana's black neighborhood in those days.

I don't know where to start to explain what segregation did to people in America.

Again, Joe Jackson needed guidance with his parenting, obviously.

It's possible that his father asked not to be included in the will. I wasn't there when it was drawn. Maybe the will states the reason and we'll know after a while.

Naturally the children had every right to disapprove of their father's actions. But that is how their father was raised, and how he learned. Again, he needed guidance in his parenting skills, but I think he had good intentions.

He very much wanted his children to have opportunity in life.

So what? I don't. But no one knows what's in someone's heart. All you can go by is the end result, and it is really telling that they were not at all close. Lots of parents want their kids to have opportunity in life, but they don't destroy their kids in the process.

I can't believe I'm having a debate with someone to explain that abuse is not ok. Christ.

So what? I don't. But no one knows what's in someone's heart. All you can go by is the end result, and it is really telling that they were not at all close. Lots of parents want their kids to have opportunity in life, but they don't destroy their kids in the process.

I can't believe I'm having a debate with someone to explain that abuse is not ok. Christ.

I agree that abuse is not ok.

I'm just saying that if he had not cared about his children, then he would have disappeared from their lives and abandoned them and their mother.

He did the opposite. He stuck around and worked hard.

There were times when the kids probably wished he would have taken a vacation away from them to give them some peace, but he was there for them.

They did not have a question mark for a father.

Your parents were from a different culture, and not from Gary, Indiana's black neighborhood in those days.

I don't know where to start to explain what segregation did to people in America.

Again, Joe Jackson needed guidance with his parenting, obviously.

As as American, dare I ask what you would know of my parents 'culture'? I wouldn't presume to say that my culture didn't suffer any hardships and segregation simply because I'm British.

It doesn't matter where you're from; the fact is, being strict is universally acknowledged with the same actions worldwide - adhering to particular principles imposed upon you. Frightening and terrorizing your child just because you can is not being strict.