Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

For crying out loud (pun intended) the MJ Memorial Service is being produced to fit a 90 minute format for live telly broadcast & nationwide cinema simulcast. All the aborted tour merchandise is going to be hawked for sale to "free ticket holders" whom have now been told they'll have to pay a $25 entry fee. Circus elephants are marching through. Really now, if you can't see the contrast between this event and Ahmet's understated, dignified tribute your eternal light is once again on but no one is home!

These are both public events but generally speaking the similarities end there.

You're just prejudiced.

Besides, he wanted the elephants.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/5047561/Michael-Jackson-wants-to-ride-an-elephant-on-stage-at-his-concerts-reports-claim.html

I did note to myself every single partcipant in the MJ Memorial is black, but now Brooke Shields has been brought in to make this program more appealing to whites. Predictable

but don't hate the player, hate the game.

No, I mean because he's not in Led Zeppelin.

And he liked elephants.

Now that's a hoot! I can just imagine MJ delivering this on a Led Zeppelin reunion tour:

"Wanna Whole Lotta love...hee hew...a Whole Lotta Love...dah, you know - you know"

What I mean is that you're being prejudiced against Michael Jackson's fans.

They just lost someone who they venerated and adored.

Michael Jackson fans are a little like Elvis Presley fans, they're crazy.

They are taking his passing very much to heart.

What I mean is that you're being prejudiced against Michael Jackson's fans.

They just lost someone who they venerated and adored.

Michael Jackson fans are a little like Elvis Presley fans, they're crazy.

They are taking his passing very much to heart.

I think that point that needs to made here is that these people who have been clammoring on for days (and we see them in the news outside with their signs and all) are really making themselves look ridiculous. Whan you act like that it even makes a person seem insignificant in many ways. Especially when there is so much else going on in the world right now --- to be completely shattered over the death of a pop star -- not even a person people know. To me it's almost a sin to be so emotionally distraught over something like this when we have soldiers dying in Afghanistan or even more important issues right here locally.

Is it sad that a man died? Yes

Now lets bury the dead and move on. But that isn't what they are planning for this one is it? The hysteria around this "memorial service" really is very undignified as other people have said. And to compare that to the O2 tribute to Ertegan is really just in another universe all together. Jackson isn't even buried yet! But I'm sure there will be many more tributes to him in the next year. So this event just seems just as exploitive and self absorbed as the poor man's life appears to have been.

Really sad, and really shameful.

I think that point that needs to made here is that these people who have been clammoring on for days (and we see them in the news outside with their signs and all) are really making themselves look ridiculous. Whan you act like that it even makes a person seem insignificant in many ways. Especially when there is so much else going on in the world right now --- to be completely shattered over the death of a pop star -- not even a person people know. To me it's almost a sin to be so emotionally distraught over something like this when we have soldiers dying in Afghanistan or even more important issues right here locally.

Now lets bury the dead and move on. But that isn't what they are planning for this one is it? The hysteria around this "memorial service" really is very undignified as other people have said. And to compare that to the O2 tribute to Ertegan is really just in another universe all together. Jackson isn't even buried yet! But I'm sure there will be many more tributes to him in the next year. So this event just seems just as exploitive and self absorbed as the poor man's life appears to have been.

I do think that this has become a media circus. However his talent is undeniable to the world. I will deeply miss that. With the comeback shows planned we could have seen much more from this talented man.

What bothers me is how for years people of all races believed he was guilty of molesting children. He had to live with that...very sad. As a mother of a son, let me tell you, there would have been no amount of money you could have paid me to make me go away. If you molested my son your going to jail or I would literally die trying. When those people took the money I know I was right and that these acts did not happen. These people were just after the almighty dollar!! Disgusting!!!!!

Let this man rest in peace.

I think they allowed this memorial for his fans.

As I said, Michael Jackson fans are crazy.

I know it's a difficult concept for some.

With no hint of a media circus.

Yeah, and that so-called 'media circus' that you speak of (which was in no way as epic as this is) wasn't because of Ahmet's death, but the one particular band who were reuniting for it...

Jesus, a memorial and tribute are two different things. A tribute is to give something in 'acknowledgement of gratitude or esteem'. A memorial is preserve the memory of someone. Yet, somehow, as with everything, I doubt any of that will get through to you.

**drums fingers on desk**

Has it been a week yet ? :huh:

I feel all jokes are open territory after a week for a public figure. Sorry...just the way I feel.

I don't care who you frickin' are....were. I don't care how famous you are, how many kids you had, how long you were President or Pope, or how many hit records you had....3 Days Man ! When you start seeing 10 minute CNN specials on "the special measures used to preserve the body for this occasion"....It's time to end the show !

Did you hear about Tito Jackson ?......They found him alive at 55. :unsure:

I'm fully capable of comprehending the situation, thank you.

But as I said, these are not Led Zeppelin fans. They are Michael Jackson fans.

Some people are limited in their understanding, because they only understand Led Zeppelin fans.

Haha! You are far out, girl.

Though, I must say, if you fully comprehended the 'situation', you wouldn't compare the two, would you? You'd know the differences.

As always, your answer to me has zero to do with your original post - your comparison of his memorial to that of the 02 concert.

They were both tributes.

And I do think that I get the picture.

LOS ANGELES - Michael Jackson was eulogized in words and song Tuesday by an all-star list of musicians, athletes and other celebrities during a mournful ceremony in downtown Los Angeles, with the most poignant moment delivered by his sobbing 11-year-old daughter.

"I just want to say ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you can ever imagine. And I just wanted to say I love him so much," Paris-Michael Jackson said before almost collapsing in the arms of her aunt Janet Jackson.

msnbc.msn.com/id/31772026/ns/entertainment-music/?GT1=43001

Michael Jackson will go down in history as the greatest entertainer of all time.

This is one of those clichés where you wish you said what you thought at the time. President Obama evidently has only respect and admiration for the man. Had it not been for the accusations on Jackson he would have been invited to the Inauguration in January. No black celebrity before him commanded and transcended such global hysteria.

The hobo that likes to pick on Michael Jackson and Pres. Obama - the obvious incapacity for educated judgment and reason is hardly worth a reply.

Michael Jackson was not a child molester. Nor was he gay. Not all soft-spoken quiet men are gay. His accusers and their cohorts know the lies they have perpetuated to get a piece of Jackson's wealth. Perpetuated by the quasi and tabloid reporters who make it a living inventing dirt. This is what they feed their children with. Not very different from the accusers. Afterall, what parent goes to the police only after a Hollywood deal fell through? Better yet what parent accepts monetary settlement if their child was violated? What parent leaves their children with a suspect molester day in day out then cry foul later? Were they pimps? These people will only go down in footnotes of Jackson's history as people who lie for money, and made a living lying. Michael Jackson did not fit the MO of a pedophile. While they were so busy raiding Neverland and marvelling at the rides and toys there, kids were still being abused around them. Wait there were no cameras where those poor kids where.

History will vindicate Michael Jackson. The music lives on, long after those vultures have finished off the money they got from him and the 15 minutes they enjoyed at his expense. My thoughts to Pinky - who was in love with MJ. JA - a PYT - whose MJ-inspired moves were so much fun. Speaking of PYT, I always suspected it was written with Brooke Shields in mind. She is still the most beautiful face of Hollywood who did not have a cosmetic overhaul. And as for MJ's cosmetic overhaul, it's nothing new in Hollywood and now elsewhere. You have seen a vitiligo patient. If you are a black vitiligo patient, you might as well be white. Anyway none of those matters now. Only the music lives on. And the millions who benefitted from this man's heart of a child. Genuine kindness you only see in the likes of him and the late Princess Diana. No wonder their loss was mourned with such magnitude around the world.

MICHAEL JACKSON The King of Pop Thank You for the Music. Thank You for MTV.

Sleep well, the gLOVED ONE, JOB WELL DONE.

I think many of you don't understand just why Michael Jackson's passing is a big deal to a lot of people. He had many fans, it's true. But there are many, myself included, who have a strong connection to him simply because he was a part of our lives as we grew up. I watched this man grow up while I myself grew up. His songs bring back memories of things in my life when I did 'this' with my family, or 'that' with friends, or "insert another past experience here". One example in particular is watching my nephew, who hadn't even learned how to walk at the time, trying to dance to 'wanna be starting something'. This was right after Thriller was released. My nephew loved that song, and we always got the same reaction from him when the song played. Of course, he's in his 20s now. I had totally forgotten about it until Michael passed and I started to listen to some of his older songs.

So THAT is why this means a lot to some of us. No excuses from me about anything Michael may have done that was wrong in his life. All I can say about it is that no matter what he might have done, it can't take away those memories.

Michael Jackson will go down in history as the greatest entertainer of all time.

MJ was a great talent...no doubt.

But let's not go overboard. If there is any single musician who deserves the title of greatest entertainer of all time, it is Elvis Aron Presley. The man sold over a BILLION records and is so beloved by his fans that people over thirty years after his passing think they saw him at the Dairy Queen.

I thought Al Sharpton (and I am not a fan) did more than an adequate job of defending Michael on Fox News last night....even to the point of making Bill O'reilly look stupid on a couple of issues. I counted at least three times that Al backed Bill in the corner and left him flustered.

I thought Al Sharpton (and I am not a fan) did more than an adequate job of defending Michael on Fox News last night....even to the point of making Bill O'reilly look stupid on a couple of issues. I counted at least three times that Al backed Bill in the corner and left him flustered.

Just curious, but has Al Sharpton ever apologized for helping to propogate the whole Tawana Brawley fraud?

Archived