Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

All this talk about "extra curricular activities" is just that, talk and innuendo.

He was never found guilty of anything and it's sad that is the only thing he will be remembered for is he paid someone off, obviously because some "great advice" from his lawyers.

People will have their opinions on whether he was innocent or guilt however it's all superfluous.

I love JP but some of his earlier dalliances were just as bad but it doesn't change my opinion of him and certainly takes nothing away from his music.

I'm just waiting for all those scumbag "comedians" to show their class by putting him down in his death.

If in fact it was suicide, what a waste, he had some gigs in England coming up and I was hoping it would get him back to what he's good at.

We share the same birthday but I always thought I would go first.

50 is too young.

RIP Michael.

well said sir

well said

Pay, Pay, Pay: Jackson acknowledges payouts to at least two kids.

Gary Susman

September 7, 2004

On Friday, just before NBC's ''Dateline'' aired a report that there was more than one boy to whom Michael Jackson had paid a multimillion-dollar settlement in response to child-molestation allegations, the pop star issued a statement confirming that he has paid out a number of such settlements in order to avoid the publicity of a trial. However, he insisted that none of the charges was true, and that he would ''never harm a child.''

HotelBalcony.jpg

He did not see himself as someone who would ever harm a child.

He probably did not intend to cause harm by dangling the little one out the window.

He probably acted impulsively and realized later that as a parent that was a really dumb thing to do.

Parents do dumb things sometimes.

He did not see himself as someone who would ever harm a child.

He probably did not intend to cause harm by dangling the little one out the window.

He probably acted impulsively and realized later that as a parent that was a really dumb thing to do.

Parents do dumb things sometimes.

That's the way I always saw it. Caught up in the excitement and did something stupid. Who hasn't? I see it as a dumb thing to have done, but no dumber than things I've done. The only question is whether he felt as completely embarrassed the next day. I know I did. Such is life. Kind of like me and my friends used to say the morning after. No one died right?

Oddly, it was I who used the term "extra currlicular activites" in this thread. Pity everyone assumed I meant dalliances with childern. I guess I should have expected it. I was actually referring to strange behaviors like buying the bones of the elephant man, sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, cutting his nose to a nub, etc. But if some folks want to go pouncing on child molestation accusations, that's fine. Just don't quote me when doing so.

G'day Ev,

I thought the term was classy compared to what others have written and the thing was not aimed at you per se.

There are those that only think about that part of his life.

I know people who refuse to acknowledge his music because of it, which is nonsense IMO.

Yes there were peculiarities and idisyncracies that made MJ special.

Like they say there's a fine line between genius and insanity.

I hope we're still good.

Is it inappropriate for MTV & VH1 to air the Thriller video during this difficult time?

Thriller.jpg

Thriller2.jpg

That would go to intent Steve! :lol:

Are we showing number 1 videos or are we capitalising on the "corpse" images? ;)

Most adults who go into cardiac arrest are in ventricular fibrillation (the most lethal heart arrythmia). Defibrillation within the first few minutes allows the best chance of survival, not CPR alone. A heart attack is a loss of oxygen to the heart muscle from a blockage of the blood flow, causing ischemia and if not treated quickly, death of the tissue in that area of the heart.

I haven't kept up with this story so i don't know how long it was from the time Michael collapsed until the EMT's arrived. Anyway, since Michael was loved by so many (my mom liked him a little), i will add RIP.

edit for typo

The coroner may still be piecing the timeline together, and the autopsy is not complete yet, so they have not determined the cause.

We may never know the actual time of death, as he may have died before he was officially pronounced dead. When the paramedics found him at home, he did not have a pulse and he had stopped breathing. From that point they were never able to revive him.

It appears that he may have simply died at home.

The legendary King of Pop, Michael Jackson, passed away on Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 2:26 p.m. It is believed he suffered cardiac arrest in his home. However, the cause of his death is unknown until results of the autopsy are known. His personal physician, who was with him at the time, attempted to resuscitate Jackson, as did paramedics who transported him to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center. Upon arriving at the hospital at approximately 1:14 p.m., a team of doctors, including emergency physicians and cardiologists, attempted to resuscitate him for a period of more than one hour but were unsuccessful. Jackson's family requests that the media respect their privacy during this tragic period of time.

newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/media-reports-that-michael-jackson-94914

The Los Angeles Times reported on its website yesterday that "Pop star Michael Jackson was pronounced dead by doctors this afternoon after arriving at a hospital in a deep coma, city and law enforcement sources told The Times."

The TMZ entertainment website had broken the news which shocked the world, coming a month to his scheduled comeback tour.

TMZ said on its website that "Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon at his Holmby Hills home and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back."

Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=147127

Accidentally pouring spoiled milk on your child's Cheerios is doing a dumb thing. Dangling

your infant from a balcony, regardless of intent, is child endangerment, if not abuse.

Child endangerment is a dumb thing.

I think they made him stop doing that though.

They made a rule about no more dangling the child from balconies.

That would go to intent Steve! :lol:

Are we showing number 1 videos or are we capitalising on the "corpse" images? ;)

Imagaine how many cease and desist orders MJ's lawyers are going to file against all the

unlicensed merchandisers! :lol:

Thriller2.jpg

"The King of Pop is dead and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"

Accidentally pouring spoiled milk on your child's Cheerios is doing a dumb thing. Dangling

your infant from a balcony, regardless of intent, is child endangerment, if not abuse.

Completely agree! That's the sort of "Hey we actually saw it happen" stuff I was talking about when I referred to his "activities". Everyone seems to want to jump to the child molestation. Hasn't there been enough documented stuff to prove the guy was weird?

Yet O.J. is still alive and golfing?

If God has a plan, I have a few complaints.

Yet O.J. is still alive and golfing?

If God has a plan, I have a few complaints.

Funny you should mention O.J. He was actually the first person who came to mind when I learned of M.J.'s death. Some see him primarily as a cold-blooded murderer of two innocent people and others see him primarily as a football superstar. Some see

M.J. as a wealthy, eccentric abuser of at least two young boys, and others as the greatest entertainer of the post-Presley era. The paradox is everyone may be right.

I hope people can see I am taking a George Carlin-esque approach to this death in

particular, a loss that will ultimately reveal more about us than the man who died.

I don't really know what to say about this. Not because I'm a fan of his because I'm not, but because his "extra-curriculars" lead me to feel nothing for him whatsoever.

I'm not looking to start a cyber spat with you. I know you're very opinionated and on occasion I do agree with some of your opinions. However, I think the above comment is harsh and unfair.

Nothing about his "extra-curriculars" was ever proven. He settled out of court. So? It may look like it was a gesture of guilt but again, MAYBE.

He had WAY too much plastic surgery and he looked like something out of a sci-fi movie. So? That automatically makes him a pedophile?

Naive? Yes he was. Very much so for not seeing things the way a grown man ought to.

An easy target for such accusations? Clearly.

Did he make BAD judgment calls? MANY times. Again it doesn't prove he was a child molester.

If he were an average looking Joe I think the split on his being guilty or not guilty would be more 50/50 but as it stands, we are a society the judges people on what they look like and we love to build someone up just to tear them down again. And I'm not trying to be a smart ass but if not for the reasons above, why do you believe the accusations about Michael Jackson's "extra-curriculars" to be true?

I am and have always been a Michael Jackson fan. Not an extreme fanatic but an admirer of his many talents. I am shocked and sad. I don't think he would have ever had a comeback tour that would have catapulted him to his former glory days, but I was hoping the tour he was about to start would be a success. I was hoping in time, the negativity/suspicion surrounding him would let up a bit so the focus could once again be on the brilliant performer/singer/songwriter he really was.

I will remember him as a good person, and pray that his soul will find a holy place to rise, probably one somewhere between his home and the hospital.

There are several churches in that area where his soul could connect to holy ground.

One of the churches, the one that appears to be in closest proximity to his home and the hospital, was built as a chapel in 1931, so it has been there long enough to establish a spiritual center.

It was named after the first Christian martyr of England, Saint Albans, whose feast day was celebrated on June 22, coincidentally just a few days before Michael Jackson's passing.

Redemption is near.

I watch the BBC News and I'm actually kind of pissed off that they're devoting as much time to this story as US news stations are.

There's other shit going on that is of more importance to the rest of the world and while I can see CNN and Fox News and MSNBC and every other station going bonkers over this, I was hoping at least the damn BBC wouldn't fall in line.

Well the "ripples" of sympathy around here are astounding. I have seen people here more upset over the death of a 80 year old news anchorman or whatever.

Put your prejudices about him as a person to one side and try to at least acknowledge that he created some fantastic music in his time, he certainly changed the face of popular music in the 80's, he really gave the world the music video ( I know Queen did B Rhapsody and that was the first biggy) but still he turned it on his head.

He sold a bucket load of albums and these will be marketed and milked by his record company now as per usual.

Yes he was troubled, made strange decisions, lived a strange life etc blah blah blah its all documented but give the musician/dancer/artist in him some credit people.

Respect for that side of him seems in short supply on this site.

After ten years I received a redundacy letter this morning and will cease employment next Friday.

One door closes and another one opens.

My partner said to me, "it's ironic that you share the same birthday as Michael Jackson and that on the day he died you lost your working life."

Virgo is the sign of the worker!

I'll be listening to Thriller tonight.

May his music endure the test of time.

Well the "ripples" of sympathy around here are astounding. I have seen people here more upset over the death of a 80 year old news anchorman or whatever.

Put your prejudices about him as a person to one side and try to at least acknowledge that he created some fantastic music in his time, he certainly changed the face of popular music in the 80's, he really gave the world the music video ( I know Queen did B Rhapsody and that was the first biggy) but still he turned it on his head.

He sold a bucket load of albums and these will be marketed and milked by his record company now as per usual.

Yes he was troubled, made strange decisions, lived a strange life etc blah blah blah its all documented but give the musician/dancer/artist in him some credit people.

Respect for that side of him seems in short supply on this site.

Very well said, Ledded1!

RIP, Michael Joseph Jackson.

I will remember him as a good person, and pray that his soul will find a holy place to rise, probably one somewhere between his home and the hospital.

There are several churches in that area where his soul could connect to holy ground.

One of the churches, the one that appears to be in closest proximity to his home and the hospital, was built as a chapel in 1931, so it has been there long enough to establish a spiritual center.

It was named after the first Christian martyr of England, Saint Albans, whose feast day was celebrated on June 22, coincidentally just a few days before Michael Jackson's passing.

Redemption is near.

Thank you for providing this info, Eternal! Let' shope and pray everything shall be done the proper way for him.

While I think the allegations are fair for discussion, I agree that this isn't the time. If anything, right now the best one can comment on them is in the context of how sad and spiraling his life had become.

I very clearly remember seeing the "Thriller" video for the first time. It was such an event - my whole family sat together for the big premiere. When he turned around in the midst of his transformation into that beast and yelled, "Go away!" :o it scared the crap out of me. That video was so head and shoulders above anything that had come out up until then, and even for a long time since, it was just amazing.

Anyway, his demise seems as sad as his music was great.

Yes that's what I meant - not that it wasn't fair discussion, but not right now :)

steve a jones, i am not going to quote your post, as i don't want anyone to have to read that again.

you bastard. how dare you. the mans body is barely cold. that was just tasteless. i am really surprised that you would stoop to that level.

i hope the jollies you got were worth it.

For better or for worse, the man changed the industry and the art of celebrity like no other performer has since.

My condolences to his family

RIP

Archived