Michael Jackson in hospital

longdistancewinner

Well the "ripples" of sympathy around here are astounding. I have seen people here more upset over the death of a 80 year old news anchorman or whatever.

Put your prejudices about him as a person to one side and try to at least acknowledge that he created some fantastic music in his time, he certainly changed the face of popular music in the 80's, he really gave the world the music video ( I know Queen did B Rhapsody and that was the first biggy) but still he turned it on his head.

He sold a bucket load of albums and these will be marketed and milked by his record company now as per usual.

Yes he was troubled, made strange decisions, lived a strange life etc blah blah blah its all documented but give the musician/dancer/artist in him some credit people.

Respect for that side of him seems in short supply on this site.

thankyou :goodpost:

Considering that many people seemed to have judged his entire character on "the charges", I don't see how it's disrespectful to talk about them. I never believed them.....and he was found innocent in coiurt. A payment means nothing when the motivation might be just protecting your privacy. Was he weird, strange, and quirky ? Yep.....a little too weird to be guilty of what he was charged with. He was also one of the most talented human beings of his era, and certainly deserves more adulation than Princess Di, who's only talent as far as I can see was sleeping with royalty.

RIP Michael

steve a jones, i am not going to quote your post, as i don't want anyone to have to read that again.

you bastard. how dare you. the mans body is barely cold. that was just tasteless. i am really surprised that you would stoop to that level.

i hope the jollies you got were worth it.

Hi S2Z,

With you on this one girl, why dont you post a complaint to the Mods and ask if Steve's post can be withdrawn on the same grounds as the Poem about John Bonham's death was a week or so ago, or is a case of double standards by the Mods again or is Steve so highly reguarded or so powerful on this site he has become untouchable?

I would dearly like to know the outcome of any inquiry and i would also like to see a written apology from him, not likely though.

Kind Regards, Danny

Hi S2Z,

With you on this one girl, why dont you post a complaint to the Mods and ask if Steve's post can be withdrawn on the same grounds as the Poem about John Bonham's death was a week or so ago, or is a case of double standards by the Mods again or is Steve so highly reguarded or so powerful on this site he has become untouchable?

I would dearly like to know the outcome of any inquiry and i would also like to see a written apology from him, noy likely though.

Kind Regards, Danny

I second you on this, BigDan, as many of us here I believe.

Poor MJ is dead but not even buried. Past allegations have and will continue to be dug up.

I find one post beyond tacky and in some of the worst taste I have ever seen here.

Shame shame shame on you know who.

edited for typos

I second you on this, BigDan, as many of us here I believe.

Hi Vega,

Thanks for your support, their are only a few, (usual suspects) that have posted insensitively in this topic, that shpuld be ashamed of themselves, but wont be, in the end its the Mods that decide on the amount of Bad taste that is allowed on the site. And i think, as do you, S2Z, L7, and many others that that standard has been violated on this occasion and that they should put it right

Kind Regards, Danny

PS. Please be aware that when using my Forum Name, Capitals are a must. :D

Defo suicide the selfish prick could'nt handle the commitments he'd taken on...Nevermind the folk that had bought tickets for his o2 shows, What about his poor kids.... He was their dad, they would'nt see his wierdness ... all kids think that their dad is the greatest dad in the world.... it's not until kids grow older that they see their parents shortcomings.

I'm pretty surprised at the sheer callousness that some posters have exhibited here. If you're not a fan - or even care, for that matter - the best you can do is just ignore this thread. Regardless of what happened in his past, he's dead now and it takes a pretty cold person to not acknowledge that. You don't have to like him, but at least take on board that some people do. And, shit, just think how you'd feel if people spoke ill of a deceased musician that you do love...

With regards to the news coverage in the UK, why wouldn't/shouldn't it be focused on? He was due to do 50 dates in London - it's pretty big news right now. They were even talking about it with John McEnroe on Wimbledon.

I motion to remove that one^

Seconded, and well done 'allthekingshorses', i just cant see the reasoning why a guy with the Forum Name of "John Thomas" would call someone a "Prick"?

Pot, Kettle and Black come to mind.

This is a Topic to Mourn the Man, say farewell, give a Tribute, even empathise with other like minded people or fans, if you want to criticize him or debase what he has done then at least be a "Man" about it and start a new topic where you and any like minded morons can have your say.

Regards, Danny

I'm pretty surprised at the sheer callousness that some posters have exhibited here. If you're not a fan - or even care, for that matter - the best you can do is just ignore this thread. Regardless of what happened in his past, he's dead now and it takes a pretty cold person to not acknowledge that. You don't have to like him, but at least take on board that some people do. And, shit, just think how you'd feel if people spoke ill of a deceased musician that you do love...

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum (Let nothing be said of the dead but what is good, but I guess that lesson was wasted on some posters.

Seconded, and well done 'allthekingshorses', i just cant see the reasoning why a guy with the Forum Name of "John Thomas" would call someone a "Prick"?

Pot, Kettle and Black come to mind.

This is a Topic to Mourn the Man, say farewell, give a Tribute, even empathise with other like minded people or fans, if you want to criticize him or debase what he has done then at least be a "Man" about it and start a new topic where you and any like minded morons can have your say.

Regards, Danny

Well i'm sorry you feel that way i have my opinions and you have yours............As for my screen name it's meant to be a joke.... a play on the Zep 2 track Moby Dick..... John Thomas if you did'nt know is another name for..... well guess.... i thought it was pretty obvious ... i thought most people woul get the joke...............And as this is a debating forum i put forward my thoughts on this matter....... I think that this is a case of suicide..... Or at least a heart attack caused by an overdose.

Well i'm sorry you feel that way i have my opinions and you have yours............As for my screen name it's meant to be a joke.... a play on the Zep 2 track Moby Dick..... John Thomas if you did'nt know is another name for..... well guess.... i thought it was pretty obvious ... i thought most people woul get the joke...............And as this is a debating forum i put forward my thoughts on this matter....... I think that this is a case of suicide..... Or at least a heart attack caused by an overdose.

john thomas = prick

What a sad story. Michael Jackson had such a fucked up life, the whole thing's just tragic. Anyone who doesn't empathize with that is very cold.

I'm pretty shocked at his sudden death. I think this is the biggest icon I have ever seen die. RIP.

But this isn't a debating thread. There's really no room for it when someone dies.

I'm not a fan, but appreciate/recognize his significance.

I like a number of his songs.

Not here to make callous or insensitive remarks.

But I want to address a common theme I see on every forum I've been reading.

I, nor anyone else (save those actually involved), can say for a certainty what MJ did or did not do with and around children.

We all have our feelings on the issue regardless of legal outcomes (can you say "OJ"?), that's human nature.

However, the idea that he was this naive child-man existing in a bubble of delusion is asinine.

I don't believe ANYONE with that much money, power and influence is naive.

Do I believe he indulged his inner-child because he had the freedom and financial ability to do so?

Absolutely.

But only in the sense that any superstar can indulge their self as they so choose.

I don't believe he actually believed or felt he was still a child, and thus shared the naivete of a child.

Even if he fostered that perception in interviews and in public.

It's pretty much SOP for all stars to maintain a particular image/perception of their choosing.

What's naive is to believe that's the true and unvarnished nature of that person.

However, the idea that he was this naive child-man existing in a bubble of delusion is asinine.

What's naive is to believe that's the true and unvarnished nature of that person.

possibly a point for discussion the day before, today this is just between him and his Creator.

Archived