My cover of Ten Years Gone

Drop your low E string to D. Lose the distortion. Return to the A chord after the main phrase each time.

The descending chords before the drums should not be minor, but rather major with a flatted octave. For example, the D should be A-string 5th fret, D-string 7th fret, G-string 6th fret, B-string 7th fret.

Solos sound pretty darn good.

Keep at it! :D

Drop your low E string to D. Lose the distortion. Return to the A chord after the main phrase each time.

The descending chords before the drums should not be minor, but rather major with a flatted octave. For example, the D should be A-string 5th fret, D-string 7th fret, G-string 6th fret, B-string 7th fret.

Solos sound pretty darn good.

Keep at it! :D

Thanks, I wouldn't have used the distotion, but my m audio fast track only records if its really loud, so i had to turn my distortion pedal all the way up just to get any sound, and i know its in dropped d, but for some reason i like playing it in standard, but thanks again.

Thanks, I wouldn't have used the distotion, but my m audio fast track only records if its really loud, so i had to turn my distortion pedal all the way up just to get any sound, and i know its in dropped d, but for some reason i like playing it in standard, but thanks again.

Yeah, I don't bother with the dropped d either! :lol:

But do remember those major 7ths! ;)

sounds good.keep it up you are doing great .To get a clean sound on a pc I bought a sound card with left and right rca inputs.I then run out from my DOD multi effects pedal.Then I can switch from clean to distortion or flanger ,etc. you guys ever notice the sitar overdubs?Jimmy plays a Coral electric sitar on this one.

sounds good.keep it up you are doing great .To get a clean sound on a pc I bought a sound card with left and right rca inputs.I then run out from my DOD multi effects pedal.Then I can switch from clean to distortion or flanger ,etc. you guys ever notice the sitar overdubs?Jimmy plays a Coral electric sitar on this one.

This will work but you'll be better off getting a small mixer, a few adapter's and a microphone (don't spend any more than $200.00 on the mic), there are some mixer's with USB's but, they are more expensive. There's lot's of free software out there, I use Audicty with my old analog 4-track on this PC for simple stuff. While I have a Mac Pro and MOTU 24 I/O with DP 5 (and a load of plug's) and a nice Crest mixer if I want to do a pro job of it. I wouldn't even try and do anything complex on this PC using Audicty! Although it will do a good job as long as I don't need to go over to the deeper end of professional recording.

This will work but you'll be better off getting a small mixer, a few adapter's and a microphone (don't spend any more than $200.00 on the mic), there are some mixer's with USB's but, they are more expensive. There's lot's of free software out there, I use Audicty with my old analog 4-track on this PC for simple stuff. While I have a Mac Pro and MOTU 24 I/O with DP 5 (and a load of plug's) and a nice Crest mixer if I want to do a pro job of it. I wouldn't even try and do anything complex on this PC using Audicty! Although it will do a good job as long as I don't need to go over to the deeper end of professional recording.
cool BLD.I use Audacity as well.I probably should have added that after my multieffects pedal I run through a 4 track with L-R out that runs into the soundcard,then I use audacity for multitracking.But the four track is just a pass through for electric.I use it for acoustic and vocals,and for Bass guitar I hook straight through the 4 track to get a clean bass sound.But yeah Audacity is a great freeware for jamming and getting song ideas recorded.

cool BLD.I use Audacity as well.I probably should have added that after my multieffects pedal I run through a 4 track with L-R out that runs into the soundcard,then I use audacity for multitracking.But the four track is just a pass through for electric.I use it for acoustic and vocals,and for Bass guitar I hook straight through the 4 track to get a clean bass sound.But yeah Audacity is a great freeware for jamming and getting song ideas recorded.

The snap to grid on Audacity is not the best way for my taste's and the compressor that come's bundled with it is strong. The EQ is usable and you can do quick and easy editing with no frills that is good for two track stuff and basic multi tracking. I've had difficulty with encoding but I did finely learn how to record strait off my computers stereo buss. I've not done any high track count work on it (as long as my Mac's are working I likely wont) so I can't say any thing about how taxing it is on the CPU.

I was using it with a Turtle Beach sound card but it died on me a month or so ago so I'm now using the on board converters that came with the A-Open mother board. The Turtle Beach was a good sounding card and I got lot's of use out of it (6 years) but the on board will work ok.

Archived