LZ songs in disguise

4urlife

Just an idea after hearing a song on Pandora radio. I think 69-71 era Zep would've totally owned 'Sweet Child O' Mine'. At the very least, it would have been interesting to hear what adlibs Robert would come up with while singing it.

Anybody have any others?

Just an idea after hearing a song on Pandora radio. I think 69-71 era Zep would've totally owned 'Sweet Child O' Mine'. At the very least, it would have been interesting to hear what adlibs Robert would come up with while singing it.

Anybody have any others?

Sorry, but I can't imagine them doing that song in a million years. :(

Now if Rocket Queen had appeared on side four of Physical Grafitti... ;):lol:

Sorry, but I can't imagine them doing that song in a million years. :(

Now if Rocket Queen had appeared on side four of Physical Grafitti... ;):lol:

yah, your prolly right. it's not really a zeppelin type of song for sure, but i was sitting there yesterday thinking about how cool it would be to hear Robert's voice instead of Axl's. LOL Now Rocket Queen is a good choice. I forgot all about that song.

I think Zep doing a cover of Paint It Black would have been cool. I could see a bombastic intro, taking it way down in the verse and some 1969-70ish psychedelic blues rock explosion for the chorus.

Example:

(spoken in hushed voice)

No more will my green sea

go turn a deeper blue

I could not foresee

this thing happening to you

(screaming)whoa yeaheeyeah

Big crash, in comes the band. :blink::o:D

I think Zep doing a cover of Paint It Black would have been cool. I could see a bombastic intro, taking it way down in the verse and some 1969-70ish psychedelic blues rock explosion for the chorus.

Example:

(spoken in hushed voice)

No more will my green sea

go turn a deeper blue

I could not foresee

this thing happening to you

(screaming)whoa yeaheeyeah

Big crash, in comes the band. :blink::o:D

that would be a perfect song for them

Born Under Bad Sign i think would of been nice

• 2 weeks later...

Allow me to make the obvious choices...

Midnight Moonlight - The Firm

Shake My Tree - Coverdale/Page

Just hearing Bonham on those two... that would be special. The PG outtakes are simply not enough, I'd love to hear Bonzo for the entire song in perfect quality. As for something totally from out in left field... Fade Into You by Mazzy Star... the arrangement Page would come up with... hmmm... and of course Robert's voice... with JPJ... yeah, that would be a treat.

Anybody have any others?

I actually had the same thought a few weeks ago. it doesn't really sound like a Zep song, but it would be interesting to see how they would do it.

Here's mne:

Roundabout, Yes

You Cant Always Get What You Want, The Stones

have to agree with pagemccartney95 on Helter Skelter

Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone, Bill Withers (A bit strange, I know but can you imagine Robert belting that out?)

I actually had the same thought a few weeks ago. it doesn't really sound like a Zep song, but it would be interesting to see how they would do it.

Here's mine:

Roundabout, Yes

You Cant Always Get What You Want, The Stones

have to agree with pagemccartney95 on Helter Skelter

Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone, Bill Withers (A bit strange, I know but can you imagine Robert belting that out?)

Ah, thanks! B) Some great ideas right here.

Anyways, here's more ideas:

I Heard it Through the Grapevine(again, if it were styled similarily to CCR's version)

Revolution-Beatles

Midnight Rambler-Rolling Stones

While My Guitar Gently Weeps-Beatles(can you imagine the giutar solo Jimmy could do on that?! :o )

Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd(again, potentially excellent guitar solo by Jimmy here :rolleyes:)

:peace:,

Jo

Archived