American? Your Expected to Be Driving Electric Cars

SteveAJones

I think you would find many here in the uk who would disagree that we have a reliable mass transit system.

These are usually the people who drive cars everywhere and rarely venture onto public transport. These are the people who usually complain the loudest to try and justify how glued to their cars they are.

Some part are but in general its not so good at all.

No, in general public transport in England is good. There aren't many places that buses or trains don't go to. You can get around the country quite nicely on public transport and in general it's reliable. Unless you are stuck out in the middle of nowhere then in the main it's good.

We don't know how lucky we are compared to many other countries. We take our good public transport system for granted.

In many parts of Europe it is definitely better.

Cheaper in many places but I wouldn't neccesarily say 'better'. I've been in places in France and Germany where the bus system stops for the day much earlier than in England.

The main problem with public transport in England is the cost. But, you can say that's the same problem with many things here (eating out, shopping etc).

As somebody who has given up ownership of private motor transport (I genuinely don't need it and I can do withouit the expense) I have no problem whatsoever with getting around the country via public transport. It works perfectly for me. :D

If you are a Brit, why do you focus on American politics and not the UK???

Frankly this crap is spam to me.

Well to be fair to ledded1, most Brits don't give a crap about politics, nevermind want to discuss them on a Led Zeppelin board. There aren't many (any?) Brit politics threads here for ledded1 to get stuck into..............so all there is left is to get stuck into the U.S politics threads instead. And boy, there sure as hell are a f*cking lot of those around. :o

Obama seems to have a different thread for each pair of underpants he wears. :blink:

Archived