Billy Mays found dead

zosodude13

Fred Travelena who was a popular imitater at one time. In the 70's/80's i think. Just passed away from Cancer too. It was on the news today. he performed mainly in Vegas i think.

Fred Travelena who was a popular imitater at one time. In the 70's/80's i think. Just passed away from Cancer too. It was on the news today. he performed mainly in Vegas i think.

That guy was on Carson all the time.

That's it! Travalena is number three in the death trifecta of Jackson-Mays-Travelena

Damn, I HATE his commercials with a passion. But I surely didn't wish death on him. I just wished he'd quit yelling at us!

yep, exactly. RIP Billy and condolences to his family.

"Feally bad"

Wasn't that an album by Michael Jackson?

Good one.

Anyway, I was very sad to hear the news about Billy Mays. Mays was hands down the greatest pitch man of all time. This was a guy no matter what you thought about his delivery Mays was able to make a huge impact with every product he sold. Mays was a true American pop culture icon. I can honestly say that I will miss him far more than any of the recent losses. Mays was I guy I'm sure any of us could just hang out with. A regular guy with no weirdness issues.

Good point. And while we don't know for sure yet if that is what happened to Mays, you are correct that there is a lot of stupidity around the way those overhead compartments are used.

As for me, I actually yell at people who think they are going to put a bunch of heavy shit over my head. I'm certain that in an accident that stuff is all going to end up flying everywhere anyway. But I don't need some assclown loading a couple hundred pounds of hardsided heavy bullshit right over the heads of me and my family.

Usually I try to board early and put a bunch of my own light stuff up there ahead of time, and when someone comes along with other shit I tell them it is full. Or if I have some idiot who likes to get into the compartment over me too many times for bullshit (iPod, candy etc), I yell again and tell him to either sit the hell down or put the shit under his seat! But you're not going be climbing over me every 15 minutes to play with your bags asshole!

I really hate flying. Not that I'm scared of flying. I just hate being in such close quarters with assholes for many hours on a stretch. In normal situations I like having at least a 10 foot territorial limit around my ass. People inside that limit either behave correctly, or suffer the consequences of their assclownery.

Del, you like Billy Mays cuz he yelled as much as you do.

I can just picture you doing an infomercial on an Anti-Assclownery Device:

"ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POINT THE DEVICE AT THE ASSCLOWN AND PRESS THE BUTTON! PUSH ONCE FOR A MERE KNOCKDOWN, TWICE FOR A TOTAL "ASSCLOWN DOWN". 5 SECONDS LATER, THE SMOKE CLEARS, AND WHAM-KABAM, NO MORE ASSCLOWN!"

This item not available in stores. Call 1-800-ASS-CLWN and order yours today, for only.... $14.95.

"ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POINT THE DEVICE AT THE ASSCLOWN AND PRESS THE BUTTON! PUSH ONCE FOR A MERE KNOCKDOWN, TWICE FOR A TOTAL "ASSCLOWN DOWN". 5 SECONDS LATER, THE SMOKE CLEARS, AND WHAM-KABAM, NO MORE ASSCLOWN!"

This item not available in stores. Call 1-800-ASS-CLWN and order yours today, for only.... $14.95.

But wait, there's more!!!

Billy was nice in person. I met him a few years ago. Not so loud, and reserved when I met him. My mother-n-law works at a nice hotel here, and just happened to be picking up some free baseball tickets a guest had given her.

RIP Billy.

:hysterical:

But wait, there's more!!!

If you call in the next 10 minutes we will send you TWO for just $14.95 --- AND this nifty carrying case made out of genuine assclown hide...

plus $22.95 for postage and handling

"TAMPA — Billy Mays, the TV pitchman whose trademark voice helped sell everything from cleaning supplies to baking soda"

Sad for someone to die so young, but I've gotta take exception to the reporter's opening line in that article. If anything, his voice stopped me from buying ANYTHING he pitched...it was that annoying. I don't know anyone who liked his commercials...with the possible exception of the ESPN one where he spoofs himself...and I don't know anyone who bought anything he pitched.

Whatever, R.I.P. Billy.

"TAMPA — Billy Mays, the TV pitchman whose trademark voice helped sell everything from cleaning supplies to baking soda"

Sad for someone to die so young, but I've gotta take exception to the reporter's opening line in that article. If anything, his voice stopped me from buying ANYTHING he pitched...it was that annoying. I don't know anyone who liked his commercials...with the possible exception of the ESPN one where he spoofs himself...and I don't know anyone who bought anything he pitched.

Whatever, R.I.P. Billy.

I agree completely. It's sad that he died but that dude just would make you turn the damn channel.

yep, exactly. RIP Billy and condolences to his family.

Good one.

Anti-ass-clownery...oh my, that is priceless! What, no anti-ass-hattery?? :P

...and I don't know anyone who bought anything he pitched.

Whatever, R.I.P. Billy.

he was hugely successful, quite frankly.

annoying, undoubtedly.

But very successful nonetheless.

• 1 month later...

This makes me sad....

Cocaine killed TV pitchman Billy Mays, autopsy finds

Hyperactive pitchman Billy Mays used cocaine days before his heart attack - and it killed him, officials said Friday.

Mays, 50, suffered from heart disease but his drug use contributed to his June 28 death, the Hillsborough County medical examiner said.

The TV salesman - who hawked OxiClean, Orange Glo, Mighty Putty and dozens of other products - was found dead by his wife in their Tampa, Fla., condo.

Initial autopsy results did not turn up evidence of drug abuse, but toxicology tests uncovered the coke in his system.

Mays got his start peddling products on the Atlantic City Boardwalk hustled his way into becoming a household name, recognizable by his blue shirt and thick beard.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/08/...l#ixzz0NY62d4Qm

Archived