What is your age group  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Average Age Group on the Forum

• 12 to 20
    • 20 to 30
    • 30 to 40
    • 40 to 50
    • 50 to 60

Ok, ok, I'll admit it, I'm 52. Kills me to check that last box,(say it ain't so!!) but it is what it is, so there ya go. But I don't act my age - I'm like John Paul Jones, y'know, FOREVER YOUNG

Would not trade growing up in the 70's for anything badgeholder...and we are only as old as we feel :thumbsup: I am close to you at 49 !!

Ok, ok, I'll admit it, I'm 52. Kills me to check that last box,(say it ain't so!!) but it is what it is, so there ya go. But I don't act my age - I'm like John Paul Jones, y'know, FOREVER YOUNG

Figured I'd vote now while I can still check the 2nd to last box.

After July. all that changes lulz.

Figured I'd vote now while I can still check the 2nd to last box.

After July. all that changes lulz.

Hello TypeO- still glad we shared TCV together, and I go to the last box in October...It's all good though :P

....well, if the "Queen of Light" can bow her head and admit she's 49, who am I to keep the fact that I JUST turned 50 in December? Celebrated my birthday in December by buying a 1959 Gibon Cherry Sunburst 50th anniversary Les Paul - inspired by Mr. Page!. Count my vote for the 70's generation!

....well, if the "Queen of Light" can bow her head and admit she's 49, who am I to keep the fact that I JUST turned 50 in December? Celebrated my birthday in December by buying a 1959 Gibon Cherry Sunburst 50th anniversary Les Paul - inspired by Mr. Page!. Count my vote for the 70's generation!

Hello Stryder1978!

What a great compliment..."Battle Of Evermore"....great song. I honestly love being this age mentally..and after all we did get to grow up with the music. Age is only in the mind and we are the generation that said we would never grow "old"... :D

Since you said...average I can round my age eh? :D

It's no secret I'm old as dirt.

But with that old as dirt comes the advantage of seeing Zep live and so many other greats that were in their prime, something the youngsters can never have. :P

So yeah, I'm old-er.

But with that old as dirt comes the advantage of seeing Zep live and so many other greats that were in their prime, something the youngsters can never have. :P

So yeah, I'm old-er.

Hi Hotplant,

I thought that was your silhouette in your Avatar, your never 54 are you? and admitting it? age gives way to pride when you pass 80 i thought. ;):lol:

Regards, Danny

So yeah, I'm old-er.

Hotplant! Love this post!I am 50 in October and like you got to see Zep live and growing up in the 70's I would not trade for anything. Like BIGDAN...I thought that your avatar was your silhoutte...and you are probably amazingly beautiful!! :yesnod:

I find it sad that people think getting older is not positive as we live in a culture that is obsessed with staying young. I think it's a honor as so many do not get that chance in life....besides your only as old as you feel eh :thumbsup:

Hotplant! Love this post!I am 50 in October and like you got to see Zep live and growing up in the 70's I would not trade for anything. Like BIGDAN...I thought that your avatar was your silhoutte...and you are probably amazingly beautiful!! :yesnod:

I find it sad that people think getting older is not positive as we live in a culture that is obsessed with staying young. I think it's a honor as so many do not get that chance in life....besides your only as old as you feel eh :thumbsup:

:lol: Guys, that is me in my avatar...20 minutes after I've taken my pain pill for arthritis. :P Aw, thanks Deb. I agree, growing up in the 70's was the best experience ever. My mom's stories of "the good ol days" pale in comparison to the stories I tell my kids.

And no Dan, I don't mind admitting my age anymore, half the time I forget anyway.

I just wanted to add to the "old" age group because I know we are plentiful here. And Deb's whistling smilie got me. :whistling:

:lol: Guys, that is me in my avatar...20 minutes after I've taken my pain pill for arthritis. :P Aw, thanks Deb. I agree, growing up in the 70's was the best experience ever. My mom's stories of "the good ol days" pale in comparison to the stories I tell my kids.

And no Dan, I don't mind admitting my age anymore, half the time I forget anyway.

I just wanted to add to the "old" age group because I know we are plentiful here. And Deb's whistling smilie got me. :whistling:

Hotplant, I had to laugh with you on this one! I actually enjoy life mentally so much more now. Physically wished I could still do the things I could do as easily in my teens and 20's :P

I just went back and read all the post and what is so wonderful is how this music brings together all of us no matter what our age. You have to smile at some of the comments. :thumbsup:

Those of you younger, I loved the comments about being born in the wrong generation. Those of us a little "wiser" should I say, as I truly believe age is in your mind did grow up in a great generation with the opportunity to see some of the greatest bands in their prime...especially Led Zeppelin. I have said this before, my poor son was the one telling me to turn the music down..and still does...can you imagine!

Enjoy your youth and follow your own path and if you have great parents...listen to them. So glad that you will be the next generation to keep this music going. Don't let anybody give you any crap for it either. :yesnod:

So far 210 votes and I know a lot more are on this forum.....

:peace:

1 Zep show, first Knebworth show (grew up in UK, live in California now)

70's music is still where it's at.

Not only because of Zeppelin

The glam movement with T-Rex, Roxy, Bowie etc

The emergence of hard rock and heavy metal with bands like AC/DC, UFO, Lizzy etc in their prime

Has there been a better 3-record run than Dark Side/Wish/Animals ?

Stevie Wonder, Free, Queen, The Clash, the Jam........

Ah, the 70's........

34... (Born in the year of Presence ... Maybe that's why it's my favorite album..)

So, too young to see them (and, anyway, born behind the "iron curtain", so, no chances to see them, even born earlier)and too old to enjoy the energy of youth. But the rediscovered love (-> obssession) for Zep have the weird consequence to make me fell like a 14 year old, again :P

And, thanks, Deborah, to help making this place such a friendly place :D . You're the best "thread host".

It's wild to see the percentage of ages on here...it looks like more younger people and not as many people who were adults and around during the hay days of the band's glory lol and the rest grew up with the band.

It's wild to see the percentage of ages on here...it looks like more younger people and not as many people who were adults and around during the hay days of the band's glory lol and the rest grew up with the band.

I can suppose the older generation is too busy to visit the forum or they are not accustomed to this.

Back on topic: I’m 21

I can suppose the older generation is too busy to visit the forum or they are not accustomed to this.

Back on topic: I’m 21

Ahhh coming Grandpa and Grandma know how to use the internet and aren't that busy lol ;)

Still on topic lol

Ahhh coming Grandpa and Grandma know how to use the internet and aren't that busy lol ;)

Still on topic lol

:D I remember visiting an internet cafe in Hermitage in St.Petersburg where were a lot of tourists over the age of 55. And they all were feeling comfortable while surfing the Internet. And I was so surprised, cause our russian grandpas and grandmas are afraid of doing something wrong with a computer lol.

1 Zep show, first Knebworth show (grew up in UK, live in California now)

70's music is still where it's at.

Not only because of Zeppelin

The glam movement with T-Rex, Roxy, Bowie etc

The emergence of hard rock and heavy metal with bands like AC/DC, UFO, Lizzy etc in their prime

Has there been a better 3-record run than Dark Side/Wish/Animals ?

Stevie Wonder, Free, Queen, The Clash, the Jam........

Ah, the 70's........

Hi

53 nearly 54, I can relate to this saw pretty much everyone worth seeing during the 70s (The Who, Stones, Queen. Bruce Springsteen, Bob Marley to name but a few of the more famous), In at the start of punk, remember fondly an early Sex Pistols gig at the Nashville Rooms supported by Elvis Costello when a rather drunk Joe Strummer accosted me in the toilets with an I have seen the future and its name is punk and off he went to form the Clash. Saw most of the more famous punk groups at the early stages before they got record deals.

Also AC/DC just after they moved from Australia at the Kensington pub and they seem to have become famous after that.

Oh and got to see Zep live 4 times, happy days and makes me glad to be old (well sometimes anyway)

OMG just gone into full nostalgia mode thinking of everyone I saw back then.

Andy

Hi

53 nearly 54, I can relate to this saw pretty much everyone worth seeing during the 70s (The Who, Stones, Queen. Bruce Springsteen, Bob Marley to name but a few of the more famous), In at the start of punk, remember fondly an early Sex Pistols gig at the Nashville Rooms supported by Elvis Costello when a rather drunk Joe Strummer accosted me in the toilets with an I have seen the future and its name is punk and off he went to form the Clash. Saw most of the more famous punk groups at the early stages before they got record deals.

Also AC/DC just after they moved from Australia at the Kensington pub and they seem to have become famous after that.

Oh and got to see Zep live 4 times, happy days and makes me glad to be old (well sometimes anyway)

OMG just gone into full nostalgia mode thinking of everyone I saw back then.

Andy

Andy, give it up, which 4 times did you see LZ live? :peace:

Archived