What is your age group  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Average Age Group on the Forum

• 12 to 20
    • 20 to 30
    • 30 to 40
    • 40 to 50
    • 50 to 60

:D I remember visiting an internet cafe in Hermitage in St.Petersburg where were a lot of tourists over the age of 55. And they all were feeling comfortable while surfing the Internet. And I was so surprised, cause our russian grandpas and grandmas are afraid of doing something wrong with a computer lol.

I think we have all been there but once that fear is over the magic box is fun ;)

I always wonder what it feels like for a new generation to discover Led Zeppelin and then walk the life of the band from those eyes. It has to be like taking a time machine and reliving it from a different view. It's like knowing the ending of a great movie or book.

andyk, on 22 March 2010 - 06:55 PM, said:

Oh and got to see Zep live 4 times, happy days and makes me glad to be old (well sometimes anyway)

OMG just gone into full nostalgia mode thinking of everyone I saw back then.

Andy

Very cool! I love to read the experiences from those were there :)

I can suppose the older generation is too busy to visit the forum or they are not accustomed to this.

Yeah, we're not accustomed to this interwebz thing with all the tubes and stuff....

:rolleyes:

Here I was wasting all that time on the early usenet forums in 1992 when I could have been doing something really useful and much easier than dealing with all this new fangled "high tech" thingamujig, you know like having my diaper changed and being fed Gerber mashed artichokes and parsnips......

^ Haha :P

Golden oldies and Led Zeppelin dinosaurs very busy saving the world ;)

It is amazing to see how Led Zeppelin's music touches each generation and how the questions remain the same also how each seems to first latch on to the rock and then pick up the other Led Zeppelin tunes as they mature in age. That's why I think we have to be nice to the Led zeppelin newbies-- same path they are following.

I also think it's wild how in the moment not many knew they were watching musical history being made. My daughter's father had a chance to see Led Zeppelin in Nashville and didn't go because he didn't want to drive lol just waited for the Memphis show haha

Andy, give it up, which 4 times did you see LZ live? :peace:

Hi,

OK you asked for it, but remember it was a long time ago (Been a long time since I Rock and Rolled lol).

Alexandra Palace I think 22 Dec 1972 vaguely remember Thank You which I don't think they played that on 23rd. My cousin had split with his girlfriend and had a spare ticket so took me along. I still love any set that starts with Rock & Roll probably because of this night. Remember being a bit bored by D&C too long, less so by WLL.

Next was Earls Court 1975 queued for hours to but tickets for the 24th (thought it would be better than the opening night) went with 4 mates had seats in the main arena about 15 rows back just right of centre stage. A great concert although at the time liked my rock short and hard so not over impressed with the longer numbers although parts of D&C were dramatic and seeing Bonzo light up all the lights by drumming so fast and then pounding the gong with bare hands was amazing.

Also saw them 17th May, a cousin had got a job at Earls Court and manged to get me a ticket as it was my birthday, an exciting concert not as good as the 24th but still an event. Went on my own to this (well plus another 16000 odd people, but saw my cousin who was selling programmes etc. A great present, original idea that they might have 'first night' nerves proved correct.

Last time was Knebworth 11 August, hadn't planned to go as my tastes had changed a bit, also newly married with a mortgage and no money, cousin Mike treated me to this gig (yeah same one as 1972, but hadn't been dumped this time), an enjoyable event not as good as Earls Court but being there always adds nostalgia and a presence you don't get from CDs/DVDs so it always seems great at the time even if it was just above average. I had seen most of the big Knebworth concerts in the 70s so knew what to expect crowd wise and what a pain it would be to get out after the gig.

Went off rock for a while but started listening again about 20 years ago began to appreciate the longer tracks that I had previously found a bit boring (still not a huge fan of extended versions of Moby Dick though).

I can't pretend to have a photographic memory of every event it was too long ago but still have some fond memories.

Andy

Hi,

OK you asked for it, but remember it was a long time ago (Been a long time since I Rock and Rolled lol).

Alexandra Palace I think 22 Dec 1972 vaguely remember Thank You which I don't think they played that on 23rd. My cousin had split with his girlfriend and had a spare ticket so took me along. I still love any set that starts with Rock & Roll probably because of this night. Remember being a bit bored by D&C too long, less so by WLL.

Next was Earls Court 1975 queued for hours to but tickets for the 24th (thought it would be better than the opening night) went with 4 mates had seats in the main arena about 15 rows back just right of centre stage. A great concert although at the time liked my rock short and hard so not over impressed with the longer numbers although parts of D&C were dramatic and seeing Bonzo light up all the lights by drumming so fast and then pounding the gong with bare hands was amazing.

Also saw them 17th May, a cousin had got a job at Earls Court and manged to get me a ticket as it was my birthday, an exciting concert not as good as the 24th but still an event. Went on my own to this (well plus another 16000 odd people, but saw my cousin who was selling programmes etc. A great present, original idea that they might have 'first night' nerves proved correct.

Last time was Knebworth 11 August, hadn't planned to go as my tastes had changed a bit, also newly married with a mortgage and no money, cousin Mike treated me to this gig (yeah same one as 1972, but hadn't been dumped this time), an enjoyable event not as good as Earls Court but being there always adds nostalgia and a presence you don't get from CDs/DVDs so it always seems great at the time even if it was just above average. I had seen most of the big Knebworth concerts in the 70s so knew what to expect crowd wise and what a pain it would be to get out after the gig.

Went off rock for a while but started listening again about 20 years ago began to appreciate the longer tracks that I had previously found a bit boring (still not a huge fan of extended versions of Moby Dick though).

I can't pretend to have a photographic memory of every event it was too long ago but still have some fond memories.

Andy

Thanks for sharing your events. I loved the extended versions live and can still picture them in my head to this day:-) How lucky we were to be able to see them live :notworthy:

Sorry to go off topic on a thread I started, so who's next on the age question :peace:

• 2 weeks later...

27... 28 in June blink.gif

A bit of an 'oldie' in terms of being a Zep newbie really! So, whilst I'm heading for late 20s, in terms of Zep discovery I'm a teen - they make me feel like one anyway. Gutted I'm too young to have seen them live though...

• 4 weeks later...

48, far too old now to grow out of this madness! LZ been fav band since 75 (PG). Saw them at 1st Knebworth, would probably have seen them in Aug 77 if Karac hadn't died.

Thought I was losing interest in rock over last 2 or 3 years, but last month someone mentioned Southampton 73 on another forum, and to cut a long story short I spent the next 2 weeks adding to my LZ live collection. I now have all except about 10 shows, planning to listen to them chronologically over the next year or so.....well, you only live once, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 55. I'm just the benevolent but annoying uncle that everyone tries to avoid at family parties.

That seems to have carried over to here too. :D Well sorta.........

dazedcat, I doubt that. :D

The 12-20 year olds are still the largest age group. Glad to see this as it goes to show how the music will go on. Thanks again to all who have participated so far!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just turned 35 last week. Loved Led Zep since I was 12 and my dad bought a cd player and a copy of Led Zeppelin II in the tall box (remember those?!) Oddly enough my second album was In Through The Out Door and I filled in the gaps from there. One thing that makes this band special is that all four play an instument. That is I feel that Robert's voice plays an essential role as part of the band. You couldn't plug just anyone in there. I also became a drummer because of those early days of listening to the Brown Bomber with my dad's huge headphones!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived