Marijuana legalization

Mountain Hopper

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, kipper said:

I saw on the news where a tourist was arrested in indonesia with dope and may go to prison for many years and his explanation was it was legal now in America. Are people really that dumb?

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, rm2551 said:

Yes.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:52 AM, kipper said:

yesteday a police officer in California was killed by a man driving high on marijuana.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:01 AM, IpMan said:

Well, no more weed for him I guess. Only prison swill for the rest of his miserable life. 

Another dumbass who can't control themselves ruining several lives in the process, just for a stupid buzz.

5 minutes ago, chef free said:

He was drunk. It happened near my house. http://www.ktvu.com/news/2-chp-officers-injured-in-crash-on-880

well drunk or high he`s still a dumbass is prison worth the high...........Life In A Prison Is No LIFE?

2 hours ago, chef free said:

With Uber, Lyft, etc. there's NO EXCUSE for driving when you are fu_ked up!

Exactly this. Personal responsibility. You drink and drive? You spin the wheel of terrible consequences. And sooner or later, that wheel is going to land on a really harsh prize.

Stupid people  who play stupid games win stupid prizes.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

So the guy was drunk and the officer only injured? Kipper said the guy was high and the cop killed. So much for that, I should have considered the source.

Ipman, there were two officers in the car, one was killed and the other one injured. the one who was killed has a wife and small children. The man who caused the accident was drinking and smoking pot.

had you been killed by someone high on pot or even high and drinking, would this be any less of a tradgedy?  A dead cop on Christmas just because some people think smoking dope is cool. Sad story to me and I fear for other people out there on the roads, and I'm glad I ride the bus where I see plenty of dope heads- at least not driving.

7 minutes ago, kipper said:

Ipman, there were two officers in the car, one was killed and the other one injured. the one who was killed has a wife and small children. The man who caused the accident was drinking and smoking pot.

had you been killed by someone high on pot or even high and drinking, would this be any less of a tradgedy?  A dead cop on Christmas just because some people think smoking dope is cool. Sad story to me and I fear for other people out there on the roads, and I'm glad I ride the bus where I see plenty of dope heads- at least not driving.

The fact is you focused on the weed, never mentioned the alcohol which was the much more likely cause of the accident (per dozens of peer reviewed studies ie. alcohol vs. marijuana impairment of a motor vehicle). So, you purposely sought to demonize one substance based, once again, solely on your self-righteous opinion.

Further, a cops life holds no more value to me than any other human being, all are equal. Just because someone chooses to be a cop does not make them special in any way shape or form. In fact, police officer does not even make the top 10 dangerous jobs in the US but you know what does: How about some sympathy for them??? Especially since most of those listed make far less than your average cop and, when was the last time you saw a carwash for a fallen logger or roofer?

Rank Occupation Fatal injuries per 100,000 workers Total deaths
1  Logging workers  135.9 91 
2  Fishers and related fishing workers  86 24 
3  Aircraft pilots and flight engineers  55.5 75 
4  Roofers  48.6 101 
5  Trash and recycling collectors  34.1 31 
6  Iron and steel wokers  25.1 16 
7  Truck and sales drivers  24.7 918 
8  Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural managers  23.1 260 
9  First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers  18 134 
10  Grounds maintenance workers  17.4 217 

3 hours ago, IpMan said:

The fact is you focused on the weed, never mentioned the alcohol which was the much more likely cause of the accident (per dozens of peer reviewed studies ie. alcohol vs. marijuana impairment of a motor vehicle). So, you purposely sought to demonize one substance based, once again, solely on your self-righteous opinion.

Further, a cops life holds no more value to me than any other human being, all are equal. Just because someone chooses to be a cop does not make them special in any way shape or form. In fact, police officer does not even make the top 10 dangerous jobs in the US but you know what does: How about some sympathy for them??? Especially since most of those listed make far less than your average cop and, when was the last time you saw a carwash for a fallen logger or roofer?

I never said a cop's life was more important than the life of a pot head. I just thought it sad that a young father was killed while doing his job by a loser pot head. if the man killed had been a logger killed by a pot head it would still be sad to me. if a  pot head was killed by a cop high on pot then that would be sad too.

3 minutes ago, kipper said:

I never said a cop's life was more important than the life of a pot head. I just thought it sad that a young father was killed while doing his job by a loser pot head. if the man killed had been a logger killed by a pot head it would still be sad to me. if a  pot head was killed by a cop high on pot then that would be sad too.

There you go again, labeling someone a pot head with zero information. Plus, you keep ignoring the man was DRUNK as well. Why do you keep ignoring the fact he was drinking and drunk?

Again, so what if he was a young father. Does a fathers life have greater value than a single man with no kids? Do you have a rating system for the value of particular humans in general? if so, why?

8 minutes ago, IpMan said:

There you go again, labeling someone a pot head with zero information. Plus, you keep ignoring the man was DRUNK as well. Why do you keep ignoring the fact he was drinking and drunk?

Again, so what if he was a young father. Does a fathers life have greater value than a single man with no kids? Do you have a rating system for the value of particular humans in general? if so, why?

I never said a father is more valuable than somebody who isnt Ipman. I just feel horrible for the family and that police officers young children whos father was killed by a irrisponsible person on christmas is all was saying.  I dont have children, and if I die there wont be little ones who would be depending on me, so yes, I think a parent dying and leaving behind children would be worse than me dying.  And I value all human life, and I mean all, even the unborn.

I really dont want to fight with you ipman, sorry I brought it up.

1 minute ago, kipper said:

I never said a father is more valuable than somebody who isnt Ipman. I just feel horrible for the family and that police officers young children whos father was killed by a irrisponsible person on christmas is all was saying.  I dont have children, and if I die there wont be little ones who would be depending on me, so yes, I think a parent dying and leaving behind children would be worse than me dying.  And I value all human life, and I mean all, even the unborn.

I really dont want to fight with you ipman, sorry I brought it up.

No worries Kip, I was only trying to point out that when things such as this happens we first need to take a step back and cool off before rendering judgement. We are all important and all worthy of impartial judgement because once we let emotion carry over evidence, or extenuating circumstance, that is when the real horrors can happen.

I have no issue with people who believe weed is bad and should be illegal. That is their right. However, I just don't think it wise to paint all with the same brush. Some people can smoke it recreationally and live a normal life, others simply cannot and that is the same for alcohol, food, hookers, whatever.

Anyway, I too do not wish to argue and I apologize if I was a bit testy and curt.

Happy New Year to you and yours Kipper.

California legalising recreational use was big news today. Something like 1 in 5 Americans now legally can smoke pot recreationally (based on all the states that now have legalised it), but it's still illegal under federal law.

Which is strange, and needs to be addressed one would think.

6 hours ago, rm2551 said:

California legalising recreational use was big news today. Something like 1 in 5 Americans now legally can smoke pot recreationally (based on all the states that now have legalised it), but it's still illegal under federal law.

Which is strange, and needs to be addressed one would think.

just because 1 in 5 can do something doesnt mean they will.  Pot smoking seemed cool a long time ago and I understand people with cancer using it for pain. But alot of pot smokers are going too far with recreation. Nobody should be driving a car if they smoked pot.

Its time New York woke up and legalized it across the board.  My Dr is for it but he does not have the legal crap done to dispense it yet.  i guess its a headache.  I can never use it again until its legal here and I can take a random urine screen without them putting the hammer down on me

3 hours ago, kipper said:

just because 1 in 5 can do something doesnt mean they will.  Pot smoking seemed cool a long time ago and I understand people with cancer using it for pain. But alot of pot smokers are going too far with recreation. Nobody should be driving a car if they smoked pot.

Of course not 1 in 5 will. I wasn't meaning to imply that. More that 1 in 5 Americans are subject to 2 differing laws. Local law allows it, federal law doesn't. That, I find interesting.

And yeah, a lot of people abuse pot. Just like people abuse alcohol, gambling and anything else that is fine in moderation. Some people drive like fuckwits on the road. Some abuse their spouses. What ever the thing, some people abuse it. If 100 people can recreationally enjoy pot responsibly and 5 idiots abuse it, should it be banned for all? No in my view. Otherwise, ban alcohol (again).

Yes, people shouldn't drive stoned. The tricky part there is for law enforcement. Having cannabis in your system doesn't necessarily mean your still high, so there needs to be tests developed so people driving stoned can be identified and arrested. And I have no doubt there will be good methods developed.

Ya know, I am sick and tired of society cow towing to the dumbest, most reckless among us. Of course if alcohol is legal you will have drunks and weed legalization will have its share of heads but it is getting tiring throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Those who drink or smoke weed in a responsible manner should be left alone and those who are fucking jackasses who choose to drive, or hunt, or operate a 747 while lit should get a red hot poker up the ass and jail time.

I JUST WANNA BE FREE !!!

Whoops, 9:24pm...time to smoke some weed....responsibly of course. 

13 hours ago, kipper said:

just because 1 in 5 can do something doesn't mean they will.  Pot smoking seemed cool a long time ago and I understand people with cancer using it for pain. But a lot of pot smokers are going too far with recreation. Nobody should be driving a car if they smoked pot.

1 hour ago, IpMan said:

Those who drink or smoke weed in a responsible manner should be left alone and those who are fucking jackasses who choose to drive while lit should get a red hot poker up the ass and jail time.

Nobody should be driving a car if they have drunk any alcohol. How does that sound???

Ahhhh, but that's *not* the law, is it??

Do you realize how many thousands of people are driving vehicles on the road under the influence of "legal" prescription and over-the-counter medications??

They've done those tests where, in a closed area, they've allowed driver's to drink 2 drinks and test them. Then more drinks. Some of the driver's that said they didn't feel like they'd had too much, knocked over the cones.

I'd rather see alcohol banned. Yet, with hundreds of thousands of alcohol related deaths, it remains "legal" and acceptable, to even advertise on Television.

Edited by The Rover

On 12/30/2017 at 1:31 PM, cryingbluerain said:

Crime rate way up in Colorado compared to the rest of the country.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/11/colorado-sees-big-increase-crime-10-percent-higher-murder-rate/

"Some Colorado lawmakers, police and legal experts partly blame the marijuana industry, claiming that it has lured transients and criminals to the state."

Well, as more states legalize recreational use, then the % going to Colorado, will come down. California has a moderate climate. I suppose many of the transients and criminals will be headed out west... And the Colorado crime rate will go down..