Marijuana legalization

Mountain Hopper

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Nothing turns around a bad mood like a Friday fat J. Fortunately for me I am in a great mood and looking forward to the weekend immensely, even without a Friday fatty.  Gotta head out to see the beautiful sunset on the lake... ✌🏼

Who are you trying convince, other people or yourself?h

Alcohol and drugs should never be used to try and make oneself happier, it's a dead end road. I have seen too many good people take that road and it just ends in disappointment.  I prefer to get high on life. Outside things never make the inside happier.

peace

14 hours ago, kipper said:

Who are you trying convince, other people or yourself?h

Alcohol and drugs should never be used to try and make oneself happier, it's a dead end road. I have seen too many good people take that road and it just ends in disappointment.  I prefer to get high on life. Outside things never make the inside happier.

peace

Recreation mate, recreation. Still dropping into a thread that you have zero interest in? Thought so. Time to go fishy

On 4/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Recreation mate, recreation. Still dropping into a thread that you have zero interest in? Thought so. Time to go fishy

I find is sad that people think of drugs as recreation. We have lost so many great people to drugs who thought they had everything under control.  This is why I like Roger Daltry and Alice Cooper so much. They offer great examples of rock stars who saw the peril and then stayed away. They are great role models.

57 minutes ago, kipper said:

I find is sad that people think of drugs as recreation. We have lost so many great people to drugs who thought they had everything under control.  This is why I like Roger Daltry and Alice Cooper so much. They offer great examples of rock stars who saw the peril and then stayed away. They are great role models.

Not everyone who takes drugs becomes an addict or abuses them. I look at weed the same way I look at a day at the beach. Will a day at the beach solve life problems? Hell no, but it does make a shitty day a whole lot better and a good day great. Also, like the beach, you cannot go there every day and use it as an escape because after awhile, the beach too will become the same old shit and the sand will burn your feet.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

Not everyone who takes drugs becomes an addict or abuses them. I look at weed the same way I look at a day at the beach. Will a day at the beach solve life problems? Hell no, but it does make a shitty day a whole lot better and a good day great. Also, like the beach, you cannot go there every day and use it as an escape because after awhile, the beach too will become the same old shit and the sand will burn your feet.

Ipman that is a cute story but nobody decides to start taking heroin from days at the beach

7 hours ago, kipper said:

Ipman that is a cute story but nobody decides to start taking heroin from days at the beach

C'mon Kip nobody is talking about Heroin (a truly bad drug). A little bit of the green stuff is only bad if one has a predisposition to mental illness. As it appears you do not participate in the smoking of the "Reefer" you are not really qualified to have an opinion. I'm sure that those of us here who like a Toke lead mostly happy successful lives, I know I do.

Edited by JTM

On 6/29/2009 at 6:25 PM, Del Zeppnile said:

It should not be legalized. The state does not need to be in the business of selling drugs anymore than it already is.

If anything to could be 'decriminalized' to the point where a person who chooses to could grow it and consume it in their own home. But never allowed to sell or distribute it.

It makes no sense to look for solutions to budget deficits by encouraging the selling of more drugs.

I don't understand the logic of legalization equals the government being in the business of selling. Nor does it equal encouraging the selling of more drugs. It's like any other product that is legally allowed to be sold and consumed. Albeit with the additional age restrictions required for similar substances like alcohol or tobacco. I would actually argue marijuana is less dangerous than those long-legal substances.

9 hours ago, JTM said:

C'mon Kip nobody is talking about Heroin (a truly bad drug). A little bit of the green stuff is only bad if one has a predisposition to mental illness. As it appears you do not participate in the smoking of the "Reefer" you are not really qualified to have an opinion. I'm sure that those of us here who like a Toke lead mostly happy successful lives, I know I do.

isnt there a opiod crises which is basically heroin in a legal form?  Probably those addicts started out thinking the few pills they were taking was not a problem for the either.  In the 60s when so many rock stars got hooked on heroin the all started with pot and LSD first, or is that not true?

There are a lot of people with mental ilness and other issues which is also another epidemic. Pot is a dangerous habit for many people and it leads to unhappy lives. If some people are lucky and it doesnt happen that way for them then great, but I just hope people are careful.

2 hours ago, kipper said:

isnt there a opiod crises which is basically heroin in a legal form?  Probably those addicts started out thinking the few pills they were taking was not a problem for the either.  In the 60s when so many rock stars got hooked on heroin the all started with pot and LSD first, or is that not true?

There are a lot of people with mental ilness and other issues which is also another epidemic. Pot is a dangerous habit for many people and it leads to unhappy lives. If some people are lucky and it doesnt happen that way for them then great, but I just hope people are careful.

By your logic just about everything should be illegal, kinda like a modern day Calvinist movement. Just like the Calvinists of old, they too believed EVERYTHING lead away from god and thus should be outlawed.

People need to have personal responsibility. There is nothing wrong with weed as long as it is regulated like alcohol or tobacco. Of course there are people who are predisposed to addiction who will  move on to harder drugs but that would also happen if weed did not exist as alcohol and cigarette are the real gateway drugs.

There is a great book called Touched with Fire about artists and creative people in general being predisposed to mental illness and addiction. I believe it will answer most of your questions regarding those 60's rock stars who went off the rails as pretty much most of them suffered from mental illness of some sort. Joplin, Morrison, Parsons, Barrett, Pastorius, Davis, and Piaf suffered from profound mood disorders and that is just a few which come to mind. The book is much more comprehensive and written by a clinical psychologist.

4 hours ago, IpMan said:

There is a great book called Touched with Fire about artists and creative people in general being predisposed to mental illness and addiction. I believe it will answer most of your questions regarding those 60's rock stars who went off the rails as pretty much most of them suffered from mental illness of some sort. Joplin, Morrison, Parsons, Barrett, Pastorius, Davis, and Piaf suffered from profound mood disorders and that is just a few which come to mind. The book is much more comprehensive and written by a clinical psychologist.

Funny I just thought they over indulged themselves to death. Part of the if it feels good do thing that was going on.

If I get high on cannabis and listen to some Led Zeppelin (boots or official stuff), it is a truly incredible experience for me. It really is.

I don't necessarily recommend it to people who don't smoke. Each to their own. But why should I not be able to enjoy it?

Why?

It's dangerous? No, not to me. Not like Alcohol is dangerous to me. And I don't want alcohol banned. So why can't I enjoy a smoke/edible?

If you have an addictive type of personality, ANY drug may not be good for you. Work and productive hobbies may be better for you. Again, each to their own. Everyone can make choices that suit them. Sometimes we make bad choices. And guess what? We are FREE to do that!

So respectfully, get stuffed! to you who says I cannot smoke. Why the fuck do you take such an interest in how I relax - or care??? It is nobody's business but mine. Same if I get drunk. As long as I am not driving, or hassling anyone, who cares?

Who

fucking

cares.

6 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If I get high on cannabis and listen to some Led Zeppelin (boots or official stuff), it is a truly incredible experience for me. It really is.

I don't necessarily recommend it to people who don't smoke. Each to their own. But why should I not be able to enjoy it?

Why?

It's dangerous? No, not to me. Not like Alcohol is dangerous to me. And I don't want alcohol banned. So why can't I enjoy a smoke/edible?

If you have an addictive type of personality, ANY drug may not be good for you. Work and productive hobbies may be better for you. Again, each to their own. Everyone can make choices that suit them. Sometimes we make bad choices. And guess what? We are FREE to do that!

So respectfully, get stuffed! to you who says I cannot smoke. Why the fuck do you take such an interest in how I relax - or care??? It is nobody's business but mine. Same if I get drunk. As long as I am not driving, or hassling anyone, who cares?

Who

fucking

cares.

:goodpost:

13 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Why?

Who

fucking

cares.

I see a lot of high people on the bus and it can be very scary.  I wish people would just do it at home but now people seem high everywhere  and it causes trouble.

On 4/14/2018 at 4:19 PM, kipper said:

Pot is a dangerous habit for many people and it leads to unhappy lives. 

You're choosing to be uninformed. Making blanket statements based on outdated propaganda and not being able to differentiate the difference between marijuana and hard drug, prescription drug and alcohol abuse confirms you're not ready to participate in this conversation. Other than being scared of people on the bus, are you bringing any real life experience to this topic?

Here's a gateway. Living in fear of what you don't understand is a gateway to self-imposed ignorance. An unfortunate comfort zone for many.

Bottom line. Above all else and beyond my personal experiences, I know Willie Nelson would never lie to me.

people_willie_nelson_37426671.jpg

39 minutes ago, Badgeholder Still said:

You're choosing to be uninformed. Making blanket statements based on outdated propaganda and not being able to differentiate the difference between marijuana and hard drug, prescription drug and alcohol abuse confirms you're not ready to participate in this conversation. Other than being scared of people on the bus, are you bringing any real life experience to this topic?

Here's a gateway. Living in fear of what you don't understand is a gateway to self-imposed ignorance. An unfortunate comfort zone for many.

Bottom line. Above all else and beyond my personal experiences, I know Willie Nelson would never lie to me.

people_willie_nelson_37426671.jpg

I love Willie Nelson music but he has had a lot of problems in his life and drugs was probably involved at least a little bit

8 hours ago, kipper said:

I love Willie Nelson music but he has had a lot of problems in his life and drugs was probably involved at least a little bit

Right Fish breath. No Willie personally do you?

Willie Nelson has never hidden the fact that he likes a smoke and at 84 it does seem to have not harmed him one bit. He still plays and acts. Not bad for someone, who in your opinion, smokes the addictive, dangerous and on one of your hilarious posts,  the same as Heroin.:hysterical:

He was given a certain choice to give up tobacco or Weed. Naturally and correctly out went the fags. His problems in life are completely unrelated to Marijuana, except the inconvenience of being busted a handful of times. He was reported to owe $32m in taxes and has been married 4  times and the costly divorces  that followed.

Pray tell? How do you know people "on the bus" are high? Obviously from one as knowledgeable as yourself, you can tell in an instant? You buffoon. Tell you what I would easily be more comfortable with some stoners who are enjoying a smoke than some aggressive wankers who are drunk. Never hear in the paper "fighting broke out in the park when someone didn't pass the joint"  but oh yes, " drunken youths fight in the street"

There has been no recorded deaths attributed to Marijuana - unless a tonne fell on your head.

This is the last chance fishy for you in this thread. Keep out - or you'll get hooked !!;)

I've noticed since the legalization of marijuana that the pan-handlers ask for pot more than they ask for money.

There is a young Scandinavian couple I've seen habitually in front of the Hollywood McDonald's. Bum Bjorn's sign says "Addicted to Bad Bitches and Weed."

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Right Fish breath. No Willie personally do you?

Willie Nelson has never hidden the fact that he likes a smoke and at 84 it does seem to have not harmed him one bit. He still plays and acts. Not bad for someone, who in your opinion, smokes the addictive, dangerous and on one of your hilarious posts,  the same as Heroin.:hysterical:

He was given a certain choice to give up tobacco or Weed. Naturally and correctly out went the fags. His problems in life are completely unrelated to Marijuana, except the inconvenience of being busted a handful of times. He was reported to owe $32m in taxes and has been married 4  times and the costly divorces  that followed.

Pray tell? How do you know people "on the bus" are high? Obviously from one as knowledgeable as yourself, you can tell in an instant? You buffoon. Tell you what I would easily be more comfortable with some stoners who are enjoying a smoke than some aggressive wankers who are drunk. Never hear in the paper "fighting broke out in the park when someone didn't pass the joint"  but oh yes, " drunken youths fight in the street"

There has been no recorded deaths attributed to Marijuana - unless a tonne fell on your head.

This is the last chance fishy for you in this thread. Keep out - or you'll get hooked !!;)

excuse me but lets keep this on topic. You are making a crackhead argument.

9 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

:wall::wall:.... and there it is, right there!! "on topic" and "crackhead". 

At this point I am 100% convinced Kip is either a troll just having a bit of fun, or is the most dense individual on the planet. I am hoping it is the former because, though annoying, is at least not as soul crushing as to know such an idiot walks among us proving we are possibly living in the twilight of human-kind.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

At this point I am 100% convinced Kip is either a troll just having a bit of fun, or is the most dense individual on the planet. I am hoping it is the former because, though annoying, is at least not as soul crushing as to know such an idiot walks among us proving we are possibly living in the twilight of human-kind.

Ipman,  please stop with unkind words because you are encouraging other people now to be mean. I know I dont have as much education as you and I enjoy all of our discussions, but when have I said such things to you?   When I was a kid they said I was hyperactive and I had to take ritalin because they thought my  behavior in class was not like other kids. I tended to only focus on the subjects I liked but would get bored quick with some and then I would focus all of my attention on drawing pictures and ignoring the teacher. I even got whipped by the principal once.  School for me was almost non existant even though they made me go. I know Im not a stupid person, I just dont process things the same as others.  Some people are just on a different part of the spectrum Ipman, everybody isnt supposed to be the same.

Kipper

3 minutes ago, kipper said:

eIpman,  please stop with unkind words because you are encouraging other people now to be mean. I know I dont have as much education as you and I enjoy all of our discussions, but when have I said such things to you?   When I was a kid they said I was hyperactive and I had to take ritalin because they thought my  behavior in class was not like other kids. I tended to only focus on the subjects I liked but would get bored quick with some and then I would focus all of my attention on drawing pictures and ignoring the teacher. I even got whipped by the principal once.  School for me was almost non existant even though they made me go. I know Im not a stupid person, I just dont process things the same as others.  Some people are just on a different part of the spectrum Ipman, everybody isnt supposed to be the same.

Kipper

Kip,  you have not helped yourself with your uniformed/unqualified comments on this thread. Please go somewhere where you know what you are talking about because it's not marijuana.. Maybe you are just having a laugh..

1 minute ago, JTM said:

Kip,  you have not helped yourself with your uniformed/unqualified comments on this thread. Please go somewhere where you know what you are talking about because it's not marijuana.. Maybe you are just having a laugh..

having a difference of opinion sense when is not okay?  I have seen how drugs have hurt people who thought they were helping them. A lot of people have pshycologic issues and even pot can make it worse for some people. It isnt really anything to laugh at, but it is true.