Marijuana legalization

Mountain Hopper

1 hour ago, zepscoda said:

Being inside a dispensary,  particularly the large ones, is like being a kid in a candy store. The weed is so beyond what we had in the 80's & 90's , and we got some bad ass smoke down in in the Bronx back in the day.  In a dispensary the variety is mind blowing, and would be overwhelming if it weren't for the one on one with the employee behind the counter. Think of it as going up to a deli counter and ordering cold cuts. You tell them what you're looking for, the type of buzz you'd like, and they make great recommends . Once NY and Texas get on board, and they will, it will be a glorious day!

I really cant wait.  But I fear that the bastards will fight it and it will be too late for me?  NY sucks

The cookie I had last night sittin' by the fire was simply incredible. The moon was full, stars were bright, and slow drifting light clouds at times made awesome objects in the sky. Good music on and supreme relaxation.

I will never understand in a million years why ^that is illegal. It is just so stupid.

And I woke up with no hangover. Good to go.

7 hours ago, rm2551 said:

The cookie I had last night sittin' by the fire was simply incredible. The moon was full, stars were bright, and slow drifting light clouds at times made awesome objects in the sky. Good music on and supreme relaxation.

I will never understand in a million years why ^that is illegal. It is just so stupid.

And I woke up with no hangover. Good to go.

Those at the top come from a generation that grew up drinking.  Alcohol is ok, and weed is not.  They just do not get it.   And they always come back with the old "if you use marijuana you will turn to cocaine and heroine and other drugs.  Bullshit.  And Coke is actually not that bad.  Its the misuse of crack and the cost.  It will kill you financially more than physically.  And you just cant trust people.  They step on it.  Very soon weed will be legal coast to coast.  Will I live to see it?  Or will I be at an age where it will be of use to me.  I like some good wine too.  I mean, that wine from Napa valley is to die for. I just love some of it.  The Cabs.   I had this friend as  teen that would put wine in his bongs and smoke through it and sometimes drink it the sick fuck.  And we are not talking Napa Valley, Groth or Fransican.  We are talkin Boones Farm, or Annie Green Springs!!!  LOL.  :lol:

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I had this friend as  teen that would put wine in his bongs and smoke through it and sometimes drink it the sick fuck.  And we are not talking Napa Valley, Groth or Fransican.  We are talkin Boones Farm, or Annie Green Springs!!!  LOL.  :lol:

Hmm, Boones Farm or Annie Green Springs bong juice would likely improve the palate of those two. Your friend may have been on to something :hysterical:

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Those at the top come from a generation that grew up drinking.  Alcohol is ok, and weed is not.  They just do not get it.  

What they don’t get is how to corner the market and capitalize on it. They will and then it’ll be everywhere...

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
21 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Arizona voters approve Proposition 207, making recreational marijuana legal in the state according to projections from the Associated Press.

I was kind of surprised by that result. But my aunt lives in Arizona now, having moved down from Idaho, and she has been telling me that the state is more liberal in spots than people realize.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:07 AM, Brigante said:

I'm a miserable, anti-social bastard. 
I've also been sober every second of my life.
It's probably not unconnected...

Remember what Dean Martin said.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. Because when they wake up that's the best they're going to feel all day."

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I was kind of surprised by that result. But my aunt lives in Arizona now, having moved down from Idaho, and she has been telling me that the state is more liberal in spots than people realize.

The last time it was on the ballot four years ago it was narrowly defeated and since then there has been a big push to make sure that it passes.

7 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

The last time it was on the ballot four years ago it was narrowly defeated and since then there has been a big push to make sure that it passes.

Last time it was on the ballot is was defeated by the pro-weed lobby because part of the initiative was that only one company would control all the weed in AZ. Prop 207 does not have such a provision so it passed. 

So, this is actually the fourth time weed legalization has passed since the 90's, the other three times it passed the governor overruled the will of the people (so much for democracy). Douchey will not be so stupid to overrule the people because big weed is ready to come in and make a killing. Once business and corporate America is on board you know that shit is gonna become legal.

1 hour ago, Mr.Bones said:

Last time it was on the ballot is was defeated by the pro-weed lobby because part of the initiative was that only one company would control all the weed in AZ. Prop 207 does not have such a provision so it passed. 

So, this is actually the fourth time weed legalization has passed since the 90's, the other three times it passed the governor overruled the will of the people (so much for democracy). Douchey will not be so stupid to overrule the people because big weed is ready to come in and make a killing. Once business and corporate America is on board you know that shit is gonna become legal.

That's right, there was a provision in Proposition 205 that gave preference for marijuana retail licenses to existing, non-profit medical-marijuana dispensaries, which would have left few licenses available for new entrepreneurs to come in.

22 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

That's right, there was a provision in Proposition 205 that gave preference for marijuana retail licenses to existing, non-profit medical-marijuana dispensaries, which would have left few licenses available for new entrepreneurs to come in.

Damn right, free market, Weed-Wars 2021. Get a bunch of different distributors in price wars and Pineapple Express and OG Diesel will be $5 a gram 😉

• 1 month later...

Mexico Could Legalize Marijuana in as Soon as a Few Weeks

David Hudnall - December 4, 2020

jorge-aguilar-vz9tqsm9zsq-unsplash.jpg.1d740a45b534252b020d7e3f1a47e016.jpg

Pot's now legal in Arizona. It's also fully legal in three of the states that surround us: California, Nevada and Colorado.

Utah allows medical, and so does New Mexico, which has also decriminalized the possession of small amounts of non-medical marijuana.

That leaves Arizona's final neighbor, the one across the nation's border to the south: Mexico.

Lawmakers in the country have been working on marijuana reform since 2018, when Mexico's Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to prohibit the possession and growing of marijuana and ordered Congress to amend the current law.

Now, it seems, a resolution is in sight.

In mid-November, the Mexican Senate approved by a wide margin - 82 votes to 18 - a bill that would make it legal for adults 18 years and older to possess up to 28 grams of marijuana and grow as many as 20 plants in their home.

The deadline to fix the law, which has been extended several times since the Supreme Court's initial decision, is just a few weeks away: December 15.

Before then, the bill must clear several committees and a lower house of Congress before becoming law. Along the way, various amendments and alterations could be introduced. The bill has its critics, but the Senate's president stated last month that he believes there is "consensus' to get something passed by the deadline.

If passed, Mexico would become just the third country, after Canada and Uruguay, to legalize marijuana at the federal level. It would also become the biggest legal pot market in the world.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/marijuana/mexico-could-legalize-marijuana-in-as-soon-as-a-few-weeks-11517995

Edited by luvlz2

12 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Mexico Could Legalize Marijuana in as Soon as a Few Weeks

David Hudnall - December 4, 2020

jorge-aguilar-vz9tqsm9zsq-unsplash.jpg.1d740a45b534252b020d7e3f1a47e016.jpg

Pot's now legal in Arizona. It's also fully legal in three of the states that surround us: California, Nevada and Colorado.

Utah allows medical, and so does New Mexico, which has also decriminalized the possession of small amounts of non-medical marijuana.

That leaves Arizona's final neighbor, the one across the nation's border to the south: Mexico.

Lawmakers in the country have been working on marijuana reform since 2018, when Mexico's Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional to prohibit the possession and growing of marijuana and ordered Congress to amend the current law.

Now, it seems, a resolution is in sight.

In mid-November, the Mexican Senate approved by a wide margin - 82 votes to 18 - a bill that would make it legal for adults 18 years and older to possess up to 28 grams of marijuana and grow as many as 20 plants in their home.

The deadline to fix the law, which has been extended several times since the Supreme Court's initial decision, is just a few weeks away: December 15.

Before then, the bill must clear several committees and a lower house of Congress before becoming law. Along the way, various amendments and alterations could be introduced. The bill has its critics, but the Senate's president stated last month that he believes there is "consensus' to get something passed by the deadline.

If passed, Mexico would become just the third country, after Canada and Uruguay, to legalize marijuana at the federal level. It would also become the biggest legal pot market in the world.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/marijuana/mexico-could-legalize-marijuana-in-as-soon-as-a-few-weeks-11517995

https://youtu.be/vNuq8guM7-4