Marijuana legalization

Mountain Hopper

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@LedZeppfan1977 To be honest Rick, most tokers I know grow their own and don't give a fuck if it's legal or not. As long as you follows the 3 golden rules, No Smell. No tell, No sell, you can get seriously good organically grown weed for a fraction of the cost. 

Back in the 70's we had this neighbor, a youngish couple in their early 30's with a sweet golden retriever. We had no clue they were growing weed in their back yard until about five squad cars rolled up and arrested them. Poor heads smoked so much weed they were oblivious when their plants grew 5' over the fence-line. Just some rando cop was driving down the road when he spotted the green.

They were great neighbors. I would go over and hang out and they would let me walk their dog. I was just a kid and they were not scuzbags so I both never knew they were growing weed, nor did they offer. Really felt sorry for those two.

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@LedZeppfan1977 To be honest Rick, most tokers I know grow their own and don't give a fuck if it's legal or not. As long as you follows the 3 golden rules, No Smell. No tell, No sell, you can get seriously good organically grown weed for a fraction of the cost. 

IF you have the equipment and the seeds and know what you are doing.  None of which is me

It just seemed to me the stuff back in the 70s was better  It was brought in from overseas and grown outside.  Kick ass.  The hash also

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

On 4/16/2021 at 10:17 AM, chillumpuffer said:

I may return to smoking it once I get the official go ahead. For now, narced up.

6 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Happy 420 Everyone. I will sparking one up this afternoon.

Same to you & yours Brother.   Saved some Platinum OG Kush just for the occasion.  Today is also 2 weeks past the 2nd shot, so I've got 2 reasons to celebrate.

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Same to you & yours Brother.   Saved some Platinum OG Kush just for the occasion.  Today is also 2 weeks past the 2nd shot, so I've got 2 reasons to celebrate.

Nice relaxing Indica BM?

Ours will be a sweet Afghani "Do Sweet Dos". Lovely relaxing smoke. Tasty too. Have a good evening man?

3 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Just out! 

I read an article regarding cannabis smoke & COVID-19 and the effects of the cannabis on the COVID-19 virus. It appears in early testing that people who smoked a small to moderate amount of weed (flower only, study did not include vape or other delivery methods) were protected against the pulmonary symptoms of COVID. The weed did not prevent people from getting COVID or experiencing the host of other symptoms, but it did stop the COVID from infiltrating the lungs and causing pulmonary distress or or other lung symptoms. As most people who die from COVID die as a result of pulmonary failure one would think this would be all over the news. Nope, not a peep. I just happened to stumble upon an article.

All that being said it could be because this trial has not been duplicated and is currently under peer review. Possibly once the study is duplicated and fully peer reviewed there will be an announcement however I find it strange no news of this has been released yet all the other possible "cures" they touted early on in fact wound up doing nothing or little to nothing. Hmmmm.

• 1 month later...

Once Hush-Hush, Cannabis-Infused Dinners Are Going Mainstream In Phoenix-

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/marijuana/phoenix-cannabis-dinners-clarendon-hotel-derek-upton-patrick-rusche-11561430

At The Mint Cafe, Marijuana-infused Pizzas (and Burgers, and Tacos) Are Selling Like Crazy-

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/marijuana/mint-cafe-phoenix-guadalupe-marijuana-infused-pizzas-burgers-tacos-sales-11537434

Edited by luvlz2

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Once Hush-Hush, Cannabis-Infused Dinners Are Going Mainstream In Phoenix-

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/marijuana/phoenix-cannabis-dinners-clarendon-hotel-derek-upton-patrick-rusche-11561430

At The Mint Cafe, Marijuana-infused Pizzas (and Burgers, and Tacos) Are Selling Like Crazy-

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/marijuana/mint-cafe-phoenix-guadalupe-marijuana-infused-pizzas-burgers-tacos-sales-11537434

Ah yes, lets see...Hmmm, I will have two McWeed's and 50 orders of large fries. Oh and a diet coke.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:53 PM, BobDobbs said:

It appears in early testing that people who smoked a small to moderate amount of weed (flower only, study did not include vape or other delivery methods) were protected against the pulmonary symptoms of COVID.

Is it cos the dope basically coats your lungs with shit and the virus can't get through the crud to attack the tissue? Talk about lesser of two evils! 😉 

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Yep. and the drugs won. And now we have to live with dope heads everywhere.

spacer.png

As usual you just can't differentiate between Opioid use and Marijuana. This problem seen has nothing at all to do with Weed. What you see here is the explosion of "legal" Opioid use seen commonly in the US. Where was the picture taken? Philadelphia I would imagine. Sad souls caught up in  addiction made worse because the Doctors prescribe a highly addictive substance.

Get your facts right before you make sweeping statements in a Marijuana thread.

Edited by chillumpuffer

11 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

As usual you just can't differentiate between Opioid use and Marijuana. This problem seen has nothing at all to do with Weed. What you see here is the explosion of "legal" Opioid use seen commonly in the US. Where was the picture taken? Philadelphia I would imagine. Sad souls caught up in  addiction made worse because the Doctors prescribe a highly addictive substance.

Get your facts right before you make sweeping statements in a Marijuana thread.

Go back and read my post in context. Brigante asked, "there was a war on drugs?"  And I responded, "yes, and the drugs won" and then posted that photo (taken in Los Angeles).  Where there are nearly 170,000 people in the county living on the streets, most of them drug addicts. Addicts NOT mainly from legal drug prescriptions, but from illicit drug use.

Our mild Mediterranean climate, coupled with some bad policies, and the Los Angeles area is a magnet for dope users/addicts from all over the USA. You really have no idea how bad the situation has become. There are people living on the streets, the parks, beaches, highway green belts, river beds/flood control basins, or just camped out in front of other people's homes and businesses just about everywhere now.  You're right, not pot head, but YES dope HEADS.

And this claim about lack of affordable housing is all bullshit. If a million illegal aliens can come here and find work and shelter/housing, then it is BS to say these so called "homeless" are just some poor economically unfortunate people without housing options. NO, the live where they WANT to live; where it is EASY to continue in their drug addiction and drug lifestyle.

So, when I say we lost the war on drugs, this is what I speak of.

2 hours ago, kipper said:

Go back and read my post in context. Brigante asked, "there was a war on drugs?"  And I responded, "yes, and the drugs won" and then posted that photo (taken in Los Angeles).  Where there are nearly 170,000 people in the county living on the streets, most of them drug addicts. Addicts NOT mainly from legal drug prescriptions, but from illicit drug use.

Our mild Mediterranean climate, coupled with some bad policies, and the Los Angeles area is a magnet for dope users/addicts from all over the USA. You really have no idea how bad the situation has become. There are people living on the streets, the parks, beaches, highway green belts, river beds/flood control basins, or just camped out in front of other people's homes and businesses just about everywhere now.  You're right, not pot head, but YES dope HEADS.

And this claim about lack of affordable housing is all bullshit. If a million illegal aliens can come here and find work and shelter/housing, then it is BS to say these so called "homeless" are just some poor economically unfortunate people without housing options. NO, the live where they WANT to live; where it is EASY to continue in their drug addiction and drug lifestyle.

So, when I say we lost the war on drugs, this is what I speak of.

Hey there Kip.

The overwhelming majority of homeless in the US are people suffering from mental illness. The drugs are not the issue, the complete and total lack of mental health services for those who are not wealthy is the problem. When all the mental health facilities were shut down in the US due to abuses within the system (hey, let's throw out the baby with the bathwater, that makes sense), they placed all those poor souls who either did not have family, or had apathetic family on buses and had them dropped off at the closest major city. See ya! Same with prisons. Around 60% of our current prison population are people suffering from mental illness, but with no facilities they just warehouse them in prison when they commit a crime.

Its really sad and absolutely horrible. They say a nation can be judged by how it treats is most powerless, its most downtrodden. Well, if judged by such a metric the US is at the absolute bottom of the barrel regarding industrialized nations. For the richest nation on Earth this is a crime beyond measure and truly deplorable.

14 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Hey there Kip.

The overwhelming majority of homeless in the US are people suffering from mental illness. The drugs are not the issue, the complete and total lack of mental health services for those who are not wealthy is the problem. When all the mental health facilities were shut down in the US due to abuses within the system (hey, let's throw out the baby with the bathwater, that makes sense), they placed all those poor souls who either did not have family, or had apathetic family on buses and had them dropped off at the closest major city. See ya! Same with prisons. Around 60% of our current prison population are people suffering from mental illness, but with no facilities they just warehouse them in prison when they commit a crime.

Its really sad and absolutely horrible. They say a nation can be judged by how it treats is most powerless, its most downtrodden. Well, if judged by such a metric the US is at the absolute bottom of the barrel regarding industrialized nations. For the richest nation on Earth this is a crime beyond measure and truly deplorable.

Bob,

I know there are many people with mental illness, but here in SoCal that is not the whole story. Yes, many are mentally ill, but many, many more here are drug addicts and/or other drug users who have found paradise here with the mild climate, and just "living off the grid" so to speak. The abundance of social programs (which includes CASH payments), along with free meals, and then beyond that almost zero law enforcement now in many areas, has created this perfect storm. These are not all crazy people, most here (SoCal) are taking advantage of the lax enforcement against public camping.  These are no much then differet at some levels than gypsy/ hobo camps, but add to it the fentynal factor, and now a full blown explosion of drug addicts.

A lot of this started a few years ago when the Federal 9th circuit court (decides for the western US) in a case I believe in Colorado, the so called "homelessness" is not a crime, and therefore without some crime occurring, you then cannot remove a so called "homeless" person from the public space, unless you then also provide them shelter some place else. This is the case west of the Rockies, and it has created this flood of people here to live in outdoor camps, where the social workers bring them checks, where volunteers bring them food, and where drug dealers bring them their dope.

Some disincentives MUST happen to stop this. They need to be removed from parks, under bridges, the beaches etc. Told they MUST vacate or be arrested, but then also an option to go to a "FEMA type" tent compound / facility which has sanitation, security, and other services---thus fulfilling the mandate made by the 9th circuit court to provide a place.  What will happen is that MOST will NOT take that option, and the reason is because they are addicts, and then there will be "rules" to those call them emergency camps, and they don't like rules, because with rules no more "high".

What many dumb politicians think is the solution is to build shelters at the cost of BILLIONS of dollars, and they think that will stop the problem. But shelter does not fix drug addicts. Currently the county and cities offer vouchers for motels (usually in low income communities) and then those motels just become  like crack houses and draw more crime  and blight.

I am fine with helping mentally ill people, but that means court must allow for rounding them up and putting those people in hospitals, which the ACLU and courts have stopped allowing until a person reaches a critical point where they are harming others.

But we are encouraging this problem by a lack of tough love. Like I said, illegals seem to come here and find jobs and shelter, but these street people are not looking for shelter, or for jobs.

19 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

@Bong-Man

Whilst us here in the UK are going backwards. 

Same here Chilli. Legalization is not even on the political radar. Most likely well over a decade away from starting to consider it.

Fucking horrible.....

In 2028, it'll be 100 years since the UK made dope illegal. That's 'dope' in the UK sense, ie. cannabis.
I reckon the 100th anniversary will be when the govt just goes 'fuck it' and legalises it.
Cue the return of the contact headaches I used to get several times a week just from walking past 10-year-old kids smoking it in the street after Blunkett downgraded it in the 00s...   

20 hours ago, Brigante said:

In 2028, it'll be 100 years since the UK made dope illegal. That's 'dope' in the UK sense, ie. cannabis.
I reckon the 100th anniversary will be when the govt just goes 'fuck it' and legalises it.
Cue the return of the contact headaches I used to get several times a week just from walking past 10-year-old kids smoking it in the street after Blunkett downgraded it in the 00s...   

10 year old kids smoking the shit? WTF??? Must be a tough crowd where you live. They pimpin the Ho's too? Little G's everywhere 🙂