Michael Jackson Depreciation thread

Mr. Da-Lo

I think most people would be okay with a topic like this, if it were posted a few weeks after now. Damn, it hasn't even been a week yet. MJ hasn't even been buried. It just seems a little soon for these types of discussions, in my opinion. I think most people just consider it a respect thing... for Michael and for his family.

I don't think so. Typically any thread started entirely with the intent of running someone down isn't met with enthusiasm. Whether it's about the living, the dead, the President, someone you don't like etc. it doesn't matter. The OP tried to slide this by as "not a place to hate" and then starts right in with the thinly veiled underhanded jibes that soon would have led to hateful commentary.

You're so low, mate!

...somehow MJ's music is very familiar to couple of generations around the globe....He definitely has chemistry between his Dance and Music...so many choreographers and dancers with his style of music/dance are proud of their careers today...and the Innovator of course is Michael,a total entertainer........ :D :D

Just a little ironic that every negative post in the original MJ thread was met with cries of "Create your own thread for that kind of BS!"

Now that the thread's created, the same thing's happening in reverse.

Those who oppose the OP are jumping in and complaining.

:rolleyes:

I was one of those people who said 'go make your own thread' and didn't literally expect some one to do it, although I'm not sure why, knowing the kind that hang around here. Our point was that the negative comments about MJ were totally unnecessary at this time--not just in that thread, but in general. But clearly the obviousness of this is lost on some people who have no respect or tact...

It obviously takes a low type of person to create this kind of thread, and its a disrespectful thing to do. If the OP has the right to post it, I don't see why others such as myself don't have the right to object to it.

Again, Michael's passing is a current topic of discussion.

Not everyone was a huge fan, as we have seen.

Some folks were more put off by his eccentricities than moved or impressed by his musical legacy.

When these same folks shared their opinions, they were met with a lot of opposition, and told to make a different thread if they wanted to discuss aspects of MJ that weren't considered appropriate in an "appreciation" thread.

A few weeks from now the topic may not hold the same interest as it currently does.

It's just more than a little hypocritical to dictate what can and cannot be discussed after suggesting the very thing that was done (creating a separate thread for uncomplimentary discussion of MJ). In the MJ appreciation thread there were numerous cries calling for those who did not share an enthusiasm for MJ to kindly stay out of the thread and keep it as a positive thread.

The same should apply here - if you don't agree, just stay out.

I personally don't care for the subject of the thread as my outlook regarding MJ has continued to shift since his passing.

I still don't think it's a hateful thread.

Hell, I remember the Martin Bashir interview, and I thought the same thing - "What a nut! He seems to be spending money as though he still has vast wealth despite being advised of his financial vulnerability."

I also remember that Martin Bashir owes his current status to that same interview.

I would like to see this thread deleted.

I'd like for people to be a little more tolerant.

Not that there aren't lines that shouldn't be crossed.

I just don't think this is anywhere near such a line.

Fine, people who want to continue to bash someone who isn't even buried yet, go ahead and do so. It just doesn't look like there's very many of you, is all. :rolleyes:

I was only here addressing the opposition issue, I wasn't here to bash MJ.

I would liked to see this behaviour when he was alive.

a lonely person falling to his knees,

walking on the moon and losting himself. great show!!!

you don't lost it days ago.

you've lost michael years ago. now is too late.

I was only here addressing the opposition issue, I wasn't here to bash MJ.

Again, I personally understand what you're saying. Praise and criticism go hand in hand, and there's no question MJ definitely opened himself up for receiving both. My only question is whether now is the time for the criticism. My thoughts about it have nothing to do with MJ. It's more about respecting the dead and their loved ones. If one of your loved ones had recently passed, would you want to hear negative things said about them? Just something to think about.

Fine, people who want to continue to bash someone who isn't even buried yet, go ahead and do so. It just doesn't look like there's very many of you, is all. :rolleyes:

Only because the majority could'nt give a toss one way or the other.......Stop taking the bait. Cos most of the so called bashing is just pure wind up. banter, tounge in cheek teasing mockery etc etc.

I also remember that Martin Bashir owes his current status to that same interview.

I'm not sure what you mean by this as I'm not sure what his "current status" is in the US, but before that interview he was a pretty well-respected journalist and very well-known interviewer in the UK - the cynical editing of that whole show certainly lost him his reputation over here.

Only because the majority could'nt give a toss one way or the other.......Stop taking the bait. Cos most of the so called bashing is just pure wind up. banter, tounge in cheek teasing mockery etc etc.

Its really odd how all those who "couldn't give a toss" about this have been so actively posting about this lately. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering...

If you don't like MJ why do you have to start a depreciation thread now when he's dead? You could wait for him to be buried. You could wait other people's feelings to calm down a little bit.

If you don't like him, why didn't you start this thread earlier?

Why, oh why...

If you don't like MJ, just leave it that way, don't listen to his music and that's it. You don't have to start threads like this one. You've just found out that many people love MJ and are grateful for his music and you felt the need to bash him just to show us that you are different, even this topic's title is a reference to the other one where people share their love for MJ.

This, my friend, is not cool.

God I'd love to say some inappropriate things about you people at times like this, but I'll contain myself.

I've never suggested starting a defamation thread nor have I asked anyone not to post. I am exempt from hypocrisy.

exemption acknowledged :lol:

If one of your loved ones had recently passed, would you want to hear negative things said about them? Just something to think about.

Of course not.

But if people did and I asked them to not do it at my house, to please go to another house to do so, and they did indeed go to another house to say negative things and then I followed them to this other house and told them to cut it out all over again, I'd be acting somewhat hypocritically.

I'm not sure what you mean by this as I'm not sure what his "current status" is in the US, but before that interview he was a pretty well-respected journalist and very well-known interviewer in the UK - the cynical editing of that whole show certainly lost him his reputation over here.

He has a pretty sweet gig as host of Nightline on ABC.

It seemed to come on the heels of his exposure over here re the MJ interview.

I like most of Michael Jackson's concert and video performances. I do not own any of his albums though. If I did, I would probably pick the "Essential" CD pack. But I have not, as yet. I do have a couple of James Brown CDs....

But, I will refer you to this article from The Daily Mail written by Ian Halperian.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...months-ago.html

Of course not.

But if people did and I asked them to not do it at my house, to please go to another house to do so, and they did indeed go to another house to say negative things and then I followed them to this other house and told them to cut it out all over again, I'd be acting somewhat hypocritically.

Well, it may be hypocritical of you, but you'd be pretty hurt that people spoke of a deceased loved one to begin with. Never mind that you have to ask them to go elsewhere to carry on.

If someone said as much about John Bonham, I'd think they were a callous bastard. No way around it. Now, I know we are on a Zeppelin forum, but what makes a 'flaming' MJ thread any more acceptable? Are Zeppelin fans not allowed to like MJ? Dip in their rock credentials, is it? Shall we make a thing of it when every notable musician dies? Or will it be different, you know, 'cause they all lived squeaky-clean lives?

People didn't like him before he died - fair enough - but if they feel the need to flame him not one week after his passing, then that's just cruel. What's the purpose of it?

Well, it may be hypocritical of you, but you'd be pretty hurt that people spoke of a deceased loved one to begin with. Never mind that you have to ask them to go elsewhere to carry on.

If someone said as much about John Bonham, I'd think they were a callous bastard. No way around it. Now, I know we are on a Zeppelin forum, but what makes a 'flaming' MJ thread any more acceptable? Are Zeppelin fans not allowed to like MJ? Dip in their rock credentials, is it? Shall we make a thing of it when every notable musician dies? Or will it be different, you know, 'cause they all lived squeaky-clean lives?

People didn't like him before he died - fair enough - but if they feel the need to flame him not one week after his passing, then that's just cruel. What's the purpose of it?

I'm not sure if y'all even recognize this isn't my thread.

I was simply addressing the hypocrisy of telling people to keep their negative comments in a separate thread and then going into said thread to complain.

You don't need to try to shame me asking how I'd feel – I didn't start the thread.

There were much more offensive posts in the original thread than there are in here.

And there is a difference in making disparaging remarks and simply discussing KNOWN behavior and eccentricities.

There's a lot of disrespect here for things different people hold dear, that others dismiss, whether religion, politics, or in this case, Michael Jackson.

Better to ignore it than to feed it.

This thread would probably already be on page 2 or 3 by now otherwise.

THAT was the only issue I was addressing.

I was simply addressing the hypocrisy of telling people to keep their negative comments in a separate thread and then going into said thread to complain.

Anyone who would take those comments LITERALLY is a moron. And I'm not sure if the original poster was someone who even posted in the other thread. Could be wrong, though.

Archived