Michael Jackson Depreciation thread

Mr. Da-Lo

jackson in mho, along with brian wilson, was the only genius in music since the end of the 1940's.

he could write, dance, sing and produce, and thats before even mentioning how fantastic his live shows where.

the guy was frigging innocent all along,

I don't have anything bad to say about Michael Jackson.....but I'm more than ready for this superhyped frenzy over his death, criminal investigation into his death, etc. to be a distant memory.

Someday, someone will figure out a way to prevent/eradicate Cancer, and the poor sap will not get 1/4 of the media coverage when he passes. :rolleyes:

That isn't Michaels fault of course, but his passing has shown that the worlds infatuation with celebrities has reached depressing levels.

Mind you, think back to Princess Diana--I don't have anything bad to say about her, either, but there was even more frenzy, and she'd achieved a lot less than MJ (IMO). So in terms of media hoopla, it could be worse. I guess.

Funny you should mention Di...it really seemed like the media coverage of celebs skyrocketed with and since her death. Somehow hers seemed lesser though, and it didn't cost an already bankrupt state a million + dollars to put on a memorial for her.

Archived